Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus strikes.

In The South Stand

Default Corona virus strikes.

Catalan v Leeds behind closed doors.

The Catalan experiment isn't working

Who are the stewards supposed to start trouble with now?
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Catalan v Leeds behind closed doors.
    Wonder if Sky will cover the game now?

Banned

Only 5 weeks away from our game. All paid for as well.

Got A Season Ticket

Translation of Catalans statement - not happy with Leeds or RFL

Club release: In camera match

The Catalan Dragons club confirms that, following exchanges with the Prefecture of the Eastern Pyrenees and in accordance with the decisions taken by the French government to combat the spread of Covid-19, the match against Leeds on behalf of the 7th Super League day scheduled for Saturday, March 14 at 6 p.m., will be played behind closed doors at Gilbert Brutus Stadium.
    A meeting was held this morning with the RFL, super league and the two clubs to consider the various options.
    President Bernard Guasch said: "In the face of this crisis situation and the unprecedented decision of the Minister of Sports, the preference of the Dragons was to reverse the matches of 14 March in Perpignan with that of 7 August in Leeds. Unfortunately the Leeds club did not wish to accede to our request.
    We then proposed to postpone the match to a later date in the season, on weekdays or weekends depending on the Cup course of the respective clubs and even compensate the Leeds club for their trip. Remember that we were in the same situation a month ago in Wakefield, with no recourse or possible compensation for the match cancelled for bad weather. To this day, we are still waiting for Wakefield and the RFL to reposition this match in the calendar.
    Unfortunately the RFL, the Leeds club and the appeals committee have not heard our arguments and require us to play the game as planned, according to the protocol established by the Ministry of Sports.
    We strongly deplore this decision, which will have a huge impact on the club's finances on revenues already anticipated in our annual budget.
    Unable to find a solution to choose or draw lots only 1000 fans among our 5500 individual subscribers and partners, the club has chosen to close its stadium in its entirety so as not to create any tensions.
    The club is busy negotiating the possibility of a broadcast of the match on an online platform to allow our fans to follow the match live. Also, a compensation solution for our subscribers and partners is being considered during a possible home Cup match in the season. »
    Details of the ticket refund procedures for this meeting will be confirmed as soon as possible.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Only 5 weeks away from our game. All paid for as well.
    Think we'll only know in the days before, hopefully it has the desired effect and everything calms down in the five and a bit weeks.. nobody really knows how bad it's going to get..

French football has set the date as the 15th April, obviously this could be extended in time. However I've no doubt the French government will have their economy in the back of their minds, and the French people are notorious for making their feelings known

There's nothing we can do about it, At the moment I've got a few days holiday in the south of France, and with luck I'll watch a rugby match

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

The Catalan Dragons club confirms that, following exchanges with the Prefecture of the Eastern Pyrenees and in accordance with the decisions taken by the French government to combat the spread of Covid-19, the match against Leeds on behalf of the 7th Super League day scheduled for Saturday, March 14 at 6 p.m., will be played behind closed doors at Gilbert Brutus Stadium.
    A meeting was held this morning with the RFL, super league and the two clubs to consider the various options.
    President Bernard Guasch said: "In the face of this crisis situation and the unprecedented decision of the Minister of Sports, the preference of the Dragons was to reverse the matches of 14 March in Perpignan with that of 7 August in Leeds. Unfortunately the Leeds club did not wish to accede to our request.
    We then proposed to postpone the match to a later date in the season, on weekdays or weekends depending on the Cup course of the respective clubs and even compensate the Leeds club for their trip. Remember that we were in the same situation a month ago in Wakefield, with no recourse or possible compensation for the match cancelled for bad weather. To this day, we are still waiting for Wakefield and the RFL to reposition this match in the calendar.
    Unfortunately the RFL, the Leeds club and the appeals committee have not heard our arguments and require us to play the game as planned, according to the protocol established by the Ministry of Sports.
    We strongly deplore this decision, which will have a huge impact on the club's finances on revenues already anticipated in our annual budget.
    Unable to find a solution to choose or draw lots only 1000 fans among our 5500 individual subscribers and partners, the club has chosen to close its stadium in its entirety so as not to create any tensions.
    The club is busy negotiating the possibility of a broadcast of the match on an online platform to allow our fans to follow the match live. Also, a compensation solution for our subscribers and partners is being considered during a possible home Cup match in the season. »
    Details of the ticket refund procedures for this meeting will be confirmed as soon as possible.
    I wonder if it would suit Saints to flip our home fixture, yet to be arranged, and play them at home on 18th April?...Or will the club consider those fans who will be 'on holiday' in France over that weekend?

Learning All The Songs

I wonder why Leeds didn’t want to flip the fixture, nothing to do with their pitch being a ploughed field due to a drinking club rugby union team playing on it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Typical Leeds.

Where's the solidarity? Arseholes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I wonder why Leeds didn’t want to flip the fixture, nothing to do with their pitch being a ploughed field due to a drinking club rugby union team playing on it
    I'd say more to do with not wanting to play them in the middle of summer away.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'd say more to do with not wanting to play them in the middle of summer away.
    Quite.

Seeking any advantage they can get. Unfortunately, they seem to be challenging this season. Their gobshite fans will be giving it the billy big bollocks again.

Scumbag club, have had a huge amount of luck ever since I've followed RL (mid-80's), and have this massive sense of entitlement about them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Quite.

Seeking any advantage they can get. Unfortunately, they seem to be challenging this season. Their gobshite fans will be giving it the billy big bollocks again.

Scumbag club, have had a huge amount of luck ever since I've followed RL (mid-80's), and have this massive sense of entitlement about them.
    Early doors mate, we'll see when they pick up a few injuries. They caught Warrington cold and battered and awful Toronto side, other than that it's hardly outstanding. Yes, they've improved but that wasn't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I wonder if it would suit Saints to flip our home fixture, yet to be arranged, and play them at home on 18th April?...Or will the club consider those fans who will be 'on holiday' in France over that weekend?
    Very difficult.. think it'll be difficult to stomach missing a home game because you're away in Catalans

WHO has just declared COVID-19 a Pandemic. Not good news for anything or anyone ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    WHO has just declared COVID-19 a Pandemic. Not good news for anything or anyone ☹️
    Why, in what way has that announcement made things any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I just presume they've just changed a lightbulb in the office to light up 'pandemic'

A rose by any other name ..

Got A Season Ticket

WHO's on first base

WHO's announcement seems to be a bit of a giggle from some quarters on here?? Let's just wait for the full effects to take hold throughout the world, not just St. Helen's. The vast majority in the world don't have access anything like our NHS. I'm thinking more for those poor people.

Banned

WHO's announcement seems to be a bit of a giggle from some quarters on here?? Let's just wait for the full effects to take hold throughout the world, not just St. Helen's. The vast majority in the world don't have access anything like our NHS. I'm thinking more for those poor people.
    Aye, it's not really very funny at all. It causing me problems and potentially costing me money but folk are dying. I have to admit though, I've got zero faith in the NHS following recent dealings with them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Very difficult.. think it'll be difficult to stomach missing a home game because you're away in Catalans
    If this happened after me paying out 389.00 I would seriously think about future season ticket 40+ years of purchase and as a minimum lottery and Saints TV would go. If its behind closed doors that is life I guess and you accept that. I couldn't accept those fans being turned over.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

it's difficult to assess the risks. I'm not making light of it, at my age I would be in a high risk group, but when you look at the figures China has population of 1.4billion, from reports it seems to be levelling off there now but so far about 100,000 caught the disease and I think about 3500 died. Its obviously sad for the ones that died but 3500 out of 1.4 billion is a pretty low percentage.

The problem of those travelling to France, apart from the risk of contracting the disease, is that you maybe trapped in some quarantine type situation on the way out or on the way back.
    Wife and myself are due to go the canaries around that time, I've had an email from the travel company to say they are monitoring the situation but to be honest if I could get my money back I'd cancel and go later in the year.

Obvviously insurance only kicks in if the Foreign Office says dont go

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by chalfie View Post
    WHO's on first base
    No Who’s on second base

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    No Who’s on second base
    Your talking Lord Harry there lad !

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Not so sure it does