Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Gary Wheeler

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

Did anyone slate us signing Paul Crook? He’ll be there to play Reserves and in a dire emergency get in the 21 man squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by nutgrovesaint View Post
    No problem with the signing if true. I would imagine he will be here to play for the A team and help out in the first team as and when required. Probably signing for peanuts or a pay as you play contract.
    Exactly this. For all we know he could be put into the reserve team to let another player move up to cover our injuries. IF it's true then I have no problem with him as he won't be a long term starter,just a stop gap till we get bodies back.

Learning All The Songs

Apparently its true "nailed on" the words quoted seeing as we are approaching Easter.
    It is getting worse, Tommy has thrown his arms up in desperation after hearing the news and done his other shoulder.
    Regan has signed a deal with RU side Leicester Tigers apparently it dwarfs Kyle Eastmond.
    No need to panic we are currently flying Tommy Voll`s ashes in and if O`Neills can make a shirt for the urn in time he is deffo playing in what is being described as "similar to the Elvis experience shows" were the words quoted seeing most are asking for Gary to "return to sender".
    Jamie Foster has offered his services free of charge a la () Tony Gigot, he is currently grooming the lads, "he is really relishing the challenge and working hard on, his technique is excellent" were the the words quoted.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Wonder what the reaction would be if this signing was made under Cunningham's tenure?
    Given most people are reacting like we've binned off Naiqama and Wheeler is his replacement, I'd say it probably would have been better back then as you'd expect that sort of nonsense from KC

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Did anyone slate us signing Paul Crook? He’ll be there to play Reserves and in a dire emergency get in the 21 man squad.

Paul Crook is the assistant coach of the reserves he’s not there primarily as a player. I’d be very surprised if he ended up in the first team squad .

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

@RedveeDotNet

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Is it just me? I seem to remember GW as a half decent player with a good rugby brain, but prone to injury.
    Maybe his signing, if true, is not so daft, particularly if he also has a role behind the scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post

You're right to be fair

Banned

Not the type I want back at our club. He is in no way the type of role model for our youngsters to aspire to become. Paul Crook is not Wheeler.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Is it just me? I seem to remember GW as a half decent player with a good rugby brain, but prone to injury.
    Maybe his signing, if true, is not so daft, particularly if he also has a role behind the scenes?
    He was never the same after Hit Man Hoffman belted him half hour after he'd kicked the ball downfield at Wigan. Was running the show. Think that was 2011 Good Friday.

If I remember he wrecked his AC joint

Banned

At least we’re not all sorting out Jack Welsbys future for him while this is in the offing.

Got A Replica Shirt

Have I been asleep for three weeks and today is April 1st?

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Dumbfounded by this.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Like the physios being at a loose end.
    Cruel, but funny!

Got A Season Ticket

Is this this the same board that less than a week ago was in hysterics at the over reactions on Wire RLFans???

In The South Stand

He was never the same after Hit Man Hoffman belted him half hour after he'd kicked the ball downfield at Wigan. Was running the show. Think that was 2011 Good Friday.

He was bossing that game till he got shouldered really late,it was one of the most cynical fouls i have seen in the modern game.

In The South Stand

He was bossing that game till he got shouldered really late,it was one of the most cynical fouls i have seen in the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Yep.

Didnt even get a penalty. Was bordering on a riot in the north stand

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Default The Return of Gary Wheeler

This could be a long season ....

Anyway, just throw him on the right somewhere, we don’t use that side in attack anyway.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I was at that game on the bus from the George and the bus got pelted with bricks on the way home. Like other things Warrington are about 10 years behind.

Difference with this and KC signings is that the KC signings were considered first team signings. By KC at least. Wheeler will be backup of backup. Seems pointless but I am not going to write the season off because of it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I was at that game on the bus from the George and the bus got pelted with bricks on the way home. Like other things Warrington are about 10 years behind.
    Yup so was I. Coming out of Kitt Green?

Got A Season Ticket

Got to be honest it feels like we were a bit clueless before Holbrook and now he has gone we have regressed back to where we were. If it turns out to be a way to fill a gap in the reserves fair enough but reserves means you play if there are injuries which there always are. Is he a reserve reserve?

A strange one, this. I can only assume that he's been signed purely to bulk up the reserves, possibly on a p/t contract while he looks for something more permanent.

People on here worried about this signing halting the development of Josh Simm but Woolf is singing his praises in his latest press release. Saying that he could well be in contention for first team soon.