Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: The Lomax non Try

Learning All The Songs

Default The Lomax non Try

I could be totally wrong here but was the ref blind on this one because i didn't see any crossing or whatever he pulled it up for?

From the North Stand in line with it it was difficult to see as Lomax appeared to come from nowhere

Got A Season Ticket

We’re quite low down in the South stand - couldn’t see anything wrong with it and my son who stands in the West agreed. Jordan Turner waved his arms because someone came within 3 foot of him and the ref blew his whistle. Typical example of a ref being reffed by a player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    I could be totally wrong here but was the ref blind on this one because i didn't see any crossing or whatever he pulled it up for?
    To be fair i think it was paulo who came and obstructed turner. No issues with disallowing that one

Learning All The Songs

notwithstanding the disallowed try, how is Hewer on the SL List? Fat little **** who must be the worst ref around. I remember he did us in a defeat at Wakey a couple of seasons ago -must hate Saints.

Noooobie

Paulo What a waist of a playing slot to slow aways gives the impression He,s not bothered Where is Jack Ashworth end of Rant.

Got A Season Ticket

I'm sure when Lomax went through Paulo was just walking on his way wandering back to the middle, as you do. It looked to me to be the usual "defender cant make tackle on ball carrier so runs to nearest player and puts him between himself and the ball carrier and waves his arms about" scenario. Meanwhile, the obstructed player is actually nowhere near the ball carrier. Could be wrong though, need to re-watch on saints tv

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    I'm sure when Lomax went through Paulo was just walking on his way wandering back to the middle, as you do. It looked to me to be the usual "defender cant make tackle on ball carrier so runs to J
    nearest player and puts him between himself and the ball carrier and waves his arms about" scenario. Meanwhile, the obstructed player is actually nowhere near the ball carrier. Could be wrong though, need to re-watch on saints tv
    Just seen it it was Roby who got penalised but for me it's a try Lomax ran at the aide of hin the Turner conplained

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

I just think Turner was too far away from the action to have any chance of being involved tackling Lomax. Turner milked it and hey presto.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    I just think Turner was too far away from the action to have any chance of being involved tackling Lomax. Turner milked it and hey presto.
    Just seen the highlights of the goons game, very similar situation with Farrel running towards and is in contact with Smithies but the try was allowed on that one.

Learning All The Songs

Giants got the penalty for a high tackle at the end by haranguing the touch judge! LMS nearly had his head taken off a few minutes earlier and complained but got nowt. Hewer was a poor ref when we last had him (a while ago) and he's no better. Too indecisive!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Giants got the penalty for a high tackle at the end by haranguing the touch judge! LMS nearly had his head taken off a few minutes earlier and complained but got nowt. Hewer was a poor ref when we last had him (a while ago) and he's no better. Too indecisive!
    hope its a long time before we see the fat **** again

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

The defender made no effort to stop Lomax. Lomax could have drove a bus through that hole. Poor decision IMO. Not looking for excuses though. Only scoring 10 points at home is very poor and we need to do better.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I think you have to point the finger at Jo Paulo for not getting out of the defensive line but it was a quick switch of play that caught everyone out Turner had no chance of getting to Jonny but an attacker standing in the defensive line is an easy call.
    Learned comment from The Don