Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corona virus and the season ahead

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I once considered asking to be medivaced off an oil rig with man flu.
    Remember a fella in Pilks who did 2 weeks off sick with a split seal on his butty box, only to be bettered later by another who did 3 weeks with a broken flask, they were tough times then!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Remember a fella in Pilks who did 2 weeks off sick with a split seal on his butty box, only to be bettered later by another who did 3 weeks with a broken flask, they were tough times then!
    Pilks was rife for that carry out, there was a bloke that went in triplex club 6 nights a week and spent at least 2 hours a night playing darts who was registered disabled. I'm sure there were plenty others too, a mate of mine had about 12 weeks off with a hernia and was playing golf after a month.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    I was just starting a night shift when I dropped my flask of coffee (to keep me awake) that was a nightmare.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I was just starting a night shift when I dropped my flask of coffee (to keep me awake) that was a nightmare.
    Now you know why Northern Rail did not contact you to come out of retirement!!

Learning All The Songs

The safety officer at sheet works used to be a stickler for enforcing the no smoking in the warehouse on his patrols.
    He was a non smoker himself yet ironically he contracted cancer and died.

He caught it in the foot from stomping everyone else`s cigs out.

Banned

So despite wall-to-wall advice saying that if you think might have the Coronavirus, what YOU REALLY DON'T DO is go to your GP surgery, on Wednesday some utter pillock rocks up at his GP surgery and tells them he thinks he's got Coronavirus.

FFS!!

The GP surgery is forced to then close for a deep-clean, and then compounds the panic by posting a notice on the door saying they've had to close due to a confirmed case of Coronavirus.

Numerous reports that hoards of zombies were seen shambling around the town centre were later explained as the resident methodone/booze addicts making their way to their usual begging positions.

Learning All The Songs

Pilks, where everyone was entitled to take ‘a Lord Harry’

I’ll let someone else explain what this means

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    So despite wall-to-wall advice saying that if you think might have the Coronavirus, what YOU REALLY DON'T DO is go to your GP surgery, on Wednesday some utter pillock rocks up at his GP surgery and tells them he thinks he's got Coronavirus.

FFS!!

The GP surgery is forced to then close for a deep-clean, and then compounds the panic by posting a notice on the door saying they've had to close due to a confirmed case of Coronavirus.

Numerous reports that hoards of zombies were seen shambling around the town centre were later explained as the resident methodone/booze addicts making their way to their usual begging positions.
    It should cost £5 to enter A&E or the GP's surgery unless it is about an on-going condition. That would prevent a fair portion of the brainless inflicting their stupidity on the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    It should cost £5 to enter A&E or the GP's surgery unless it is about an on-going condition. That would prevent a fair portion of the brainless inflicting their stupidity on the rest of us.
    Oh god, imagine what would happen if a Tory government implemented that. Social media would melt down.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Oh god, imagine what would happen if a Tory government implemented that. Social media would melt down.
    I'm sure they'd still manage to blame it on Labour/lefties/immigrants/the EU and enough knobheads would fall for it, as they cut taxes for their wealthy patrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

FFS!!

Similar story from my daughter who works in the NHS. Apparently a woman rang her GP saying that she thought she might have the virus. On questioning her, she was informed that she was ok. So she then rang NHS 111 for a repeat of the process. She then turned up at A&E which had to go into full isolation mode because of her presence. In being questioned why she thought she might have contracted the virus, she said it was because she’d been to China 9 years ago!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Forgot about season tickets. So that will also protect some club income as well.
    To my mind, there didn't look to be over ten thousand at the ground last night despite the announced attendance, the two fellow pensioners who sit next to me didn't turn up, and I noticed several other pensioner season ticket holders were absent in the library (North) Stand, I don't know if the panic is starting to appear, but at least they missed the dross that Saints produced, there's talk of over seventy year olds being instructed not to go to sporting events, if that happens do we get a refund on our season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Africans with malaria, TB, measles, were the root cause for the shut down of the main bus station in Brussels. Corona virus is a hoax, people do die from flu, especially the elderly, and every year the government/medical authorities give it a new name and fearmongering goes into full swing, people start hoarding, imagining the worst and going into panic mode. Terrorism originally meant government rule by FEAR.
    Idiot...

Go put your tinfoil hat on and wait for the men in black to take you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    To my mind, there didn't look to be over ten thousand at the ground last night despite the announced attendance, the two fellow pensioners who sit next to me didn't turn up, and I noticed several other pensioner season ticket holders were absent in the library (North) Stand, I don't know if the panic is starting to appear, but at least they missed the dross that Saints produced, there's talk of over seventy year olds being instructed not to go to sporting events, if that happens do we get a refund on our season tickets
    I imagine they would only refund season tickets if it took out a large portion of the season..

Your not wrong on medical advice.

https://www-independent-co-uk.cdn.am...-a9384291.html

Got A Season Ticket

I certainly didn't think there was 10,000 there last night

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

I believe the occupants of the International Space Station have been told to shut the windows when flying over China.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I believe the occupants of the International Space Station have been told to shut the windows when flying over China.
    I bet the manufacturers of hand gel must be rubbing their hands together at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Colin View Post
    I certainly didn't think there was 10,000 there last night
    Huddersfield had 4000 there I thought

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Huddersfield had 4000 there I thought
    They don't have 4000 fans do they?

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Africans with malaria, TB, measles, were the root cause for the shut down of the main bus station in Brussels. Corona virus is a hoax, people do die from flu, especially the elderly, and every year the government/medical authorities give it a new name and fearmongering goes into full swing, people start hoarding, imagining the worst and going into panic mode. Terrorism originally meant government rule by FEAR.
    Coronavirus is a hoax?

So they have just made it up?

I'm not sure I follow you?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    They don't have 4000 fans do they?
    Good point

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Coronavirus is a hoax?

So they have just made it up?

I'm not sure I follow you?
    I think andym is just fishing Ralph.

Learning All The Songs

Pep Guardiola setting a great example re prevention of the spread of said virus in game today! Lost count of the number of times he spat. Every time the camera panned onto him he was spitting! Does he not understand that he has a responsibility to set the right example. Disgusting habit and he does it continually.

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Pep Guardiola setting a great example re prevention of the spread of said virus in game today! Lost count of the number of times he spat. Every time the camera panned onto him he was spitting! Does he not understand that he has a responsibility to set the right example. Disgusting habit and he does it continually.
    To be fair he was spitting each time Ederson and Otamendi made a mistake

In The South Stand

France bans gatherings of over 1,000.