Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corona virus and the season ahead

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I dunno. Have those 'Northern' trains got any better since they changed the name?
    They were short of train drivers last Saturday quite a few Liverpool to Blackpool trains were cancelled making the other trains crammed, but not standing up with someone in your face crammed.

Banned

Currently laid out on the couch, must admit I was a bit worried last night as it felt like someone had hit me in the chest with a lump hammer. I know the ex has had a bug so it's most likely that, I don't feel any worse than a heavy cold so keeping myself locked away until it passes. Should I stop posting suddenly then I want my ashes throwing in the Wigan end on Good Friday.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 3rd March 2020 at 14:25. Reason: possible coronavirus/cold

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Currently laid out on the couch, must admit I was a bit worried last night as it felt like someone had hit me in the chest with a lump hammer. I know the ex has had a bug so it's most likely that, I don't feel any worse than a heavy cold so keeping myself locked away until it passes. Should I stop posting suddenly then I want my ashes throwing in the Wigan end on Good Friday.
    What if there is a wedding on, do we make and throw throw an ash + confetti mix.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    What if there is a wedding on, do we make and throw throw an ash + confetti mix.
    Add a couple of house bricks if you want pal.

Banned

Add a couple of house bricks if you want pal.
    Throw something to neuter them. Last thing we need is more piescum rats having offspring.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Was listening to the radio the other day and a good point was made about sporting events. In seated areas you are only likely to infect those sat directly next to you. Wereas watching the game in a pub you will have more contact with everyone as you go to and from the bar areas.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Was listening to the radio the other day and a good point was made about sporting events. In seated areas you are only likely to infect those sat directly next to you. Wereas watching the game in a pub you will have more contact with everyone as you go to and from the bar areas.
    I heard that as well. Do you think they’re priming us for the closure of all the pubs?

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I heard that as well. Do you think they’re priming us for the closure of all the pubs?
    No. Just serving drinks behind closed doors!

Well in answer to your question Barry, we have not. But we can all follow the guidelines, especially frequently washing our hands (I personally wash mine to 'Oh when the Saints' but you get the message. This is serious and we all need to follow the up to date advice. The snowball is now moving down the hill in the UK, follow the advice and crack on .

COYS

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

They were short of train drivers last Saturday quite a few Liverpool to Blackpool trains were cancelled
    Having retired 3 years ago I offered my services to Northern for a couple of days a week but they aren't interested that's how much they care.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

What I love about redvee is that on most subjects everyone's view is pretty much a good barometer of public opinion, on Brexit, Politics, pretty much everything.

I'm like the above, I'm not worried, it will come here, if I catch it it'll be a nasty cold.. I wouldn't want my parents to catch it, just like I wouldn't want then to catch the seasonal flu.. the numbers have rocketed because normally if you catch the flu, you crack on with lemsip and paracetamol, if you catch the flu now you think "I've got Coronavirus" and get an ambulance.

My guess the numbers who have already had it or have it are probably into the thousands, but not been diagnosed.

I did see someone in Tesco filling her trolley with bottled water today, which I thought was laughable, but if more people do it, and the media whip it up, we will have problems

Regarding stocking up, it would be prudent to add some extra tins of soup and beans to your pantry to allow for a period of isolation but water will still come out of taps.

Please don't be misguided that this is like the Flu. It is not. Follow the up to date guidelines, and prepare.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

It may become like seasonal flu in a few years time. But at the issue is that no one has had this virus before, so our tolerance to resist it is lower.

That is why it is more infectious. I think most people have older relatives so whilst the impact is low if you are under 50. The reason for the activities to prevent its spread is for your relatives over 50 who are more likely to require medical intervention if they get it.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/

If possible, watch the BBC Parliament channel now. One of the main men, Prof Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer for England, is being questioned by MPs on the COVID-19 Planning.

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    It may become like seasonal flu in a few years time. But at the issue is that no one has had this virus before, so our tolerance to resist it is lower.

That is why it is more infectious. I think most people have older relatives so whilst the impact is low if you are under 50. The reason for the activities to prevent its spread is for your relatives over 50 who are more likely to require medical intervention if they get it.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/
    I have an old Dettol Bacteria Cleanser bottle in the shed must be about 18 months old and guess what Coronavirus is listed on the back label so its not a relatively new virus. Check this out yourselves, have the establishments been aware of this virus for quite a while before the China Outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by blue harvest View Post
    latest i read was, that if the spread continues sporting events over 5k in attendance might need to be cancelled. So essentially the likes of salford, wakefield, huddersfield it's just carrry on as normal.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand

I have an old Dettol Bacteria Cleanser bottle in the shed must be about 18 months old and guess what Coronavirus is listed on the back label so its not a relatively new virus. Check this out yourselves, have the establishments been aware of this virus for quite a while before the China Outbreak.
    There have been previous Coronaviruses. That’s why it was quickly re-named Covid something or other.

I read an online account of the illness by the twenty odd year old who was the first Britain to catch it. The piece didn’t make pleasant reading.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

I think coronavirus is a generic name for this type of virus, this one is a new form, hence why it's now being called Covid19

Learning All The Songs

Man Flu is worst you can catch, But Thousands of old people die of flu each year and that's not a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    I think coronavirus is a generic name for this type of virus, this one is a new form, hence why it's now being called Covid19
    That would make more sense, just surprised to see it on an old dettol bottle when the majority probably wouldn't be aware of it over a year ago. Google says its generic by its structural virus shape under the microscope........ corona or crown.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Man Flu is worst you can catch, But Thousands of old people die of flu each year and that's not a pandemic.
    I once considered asking to be medivaced off an oil rig with man flu.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I once considered asking to be medivaced off an oil rig with man flu.
    And I bet those roughnecks would have give you a big send off, and lots of get well soon cards.

Got A Season Ticket

According to the article below Wigan are beating St Helens 2 - 0 on the coronavirus stakes

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...north-17869081

Quote Originally Posted by chalfie View Post
    According to the article below Wigan are beating St Helens 2 - 0 on the coronavirus stakes

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...north-17869081
    Coronavirus moral victory?