Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corona virus and the season ahead

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Latest I read was, that if the spread continues sporting events over 5k in attendance might need to be cancelled. So essentially the likes of Salford, Wakefield, Huddersfield it's just carrry on as normal.
    I understand where you're coming from, but I can't see the authorities going with that. IMO it will be all or nothing.

On season tickets, I would expect clubs to offer some sort of refund or money off the next seasons ticket. I'm not sure what the terms and conditions say about these tickets and what they entitle us to, but throw in public relations etc, and you can see the difficulties clubs face in trying to please everyone!

Learning All The Songs

Was hoping I hadn't caught it at Warrington on Sat! �� First 14 rows of seats were drenched, with the rain blowing in. Can’t remember the last time I was so cold and wet! Tickets in the North Stand were well over priced and apart from the result it was a miserable night.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Was hoping I hadn't caught it at Warrington on Sat! �� First 14 rows of seats were drenched, with the rain blowing in. Can’t remember the last time I was so cold and wet! Tickets in the North Stand were well over priced and apart from the result it was a miserable night.
    Why didn't you just move further back? It wasn't like there was anywhere else to sit.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Dettol are one step ahead of the yanks, then, as their multi surface cleaner will kill the virus (and has been able to for years).
    is it safe to drink diluted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    is it safe to drink diluted.
    Only with a Jagermeister chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Why didn't you just move further back? It wasn't like there was anywhere else to sit.
    Wasnt raining in front of the tv with my chicken casserole. Nice and snug I was

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Self isolating Ralph?

Starting A Programme Collection

I blame Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Self isolating Ralph?
    Ha ha ha you're being kind there.

It was more of not being bothered to get off my bum & turn up but I was heavily focussed on making a nice tea for brownie points.

I'll be there Friday and at Cas and at Leeds

Banned

It was a very comfortable 21.5 degrees at AD towers only I had a Chinese so possibly now have the virus.

In all seriousness this is causing me problems now with work as I'm dealing with an Italian company based in Bergamo where there's been deaths and they're understandably very nervous at the moment.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

It was a very comfortable 21.5 degrees at AD towers only I had a Chinese so possibly now have the virus.

In all seriousness this is causing me problems now with work as I'm dealing with an Italian company based in Bergamo where there's been deaths and they're understandably very nervous at the moment.
    I used to work there a lot. Some nice places especially the old town.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    This is for a job in Atyrau, Kazakhstan. Definitely not a nice place.

I’m off to Bergamo shortly but am taking Fishy’s advice above that it’s all bollocks so won’t bother self-isolating on return. As I sit in the South Stand, anyone who feels a bit under the weather in a couple of weeks time might want to seek alternative expert medical advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Is it near Milan, Bergamo?

Think the football team there is Atalanta?

Genoa is a bit of a gem if any of you are going there soon. Old town is lovely

Banned

Yes, that's the one, I've only ever drove through the surrounding area and it was a bit of a crap hole to be honest.

Genoa is a great spot, I spent a few weeks there working there about 8 years ago, done absolutely nothing for nearly a month apart from eat, drink and chase Italian birds, they were well into the English gent look as I remember. We used to finish work at 18:30 and walk back to the hotel probably about 2 miles away and stop off at bars all the way back. €3 for a big bottle of Moretti and most of the bars had pizza or foccacia free and rock in about 11 ready to do it again. Great times.

Yes, that's the one, I've only ever drove through the surrounding area and it was a bit of a crap hole to be honest.

Genoa is a great spot, I spent a few weeks there working there about 8 years ago, done absolutely nothing for nearly a month apart from eat, drink and chase Italian birds, they were well into the English gent look as I remember. We used to finish work at 18:30 and walk back to the hotel probably about 2 miles away and stop off at bars all the way back. €3 for a big bottle of Moretti and most of the bars had pizza or foccacia free and rock in about 11 ready to do it again. Great times.
    Top work that. I know mate, how cheap is it there!!

Banned

Top work that. I know mate, how cheap is it there!!
    Very, and I was surprised with the Italians, most I had come across previously were pricks but they were really friendly in the main apart from one alcoholic tramp that took offence to something or other. I remember being sat in a square one night eating takeaway pizza and drinking wine from plastic cups because a few locals had heard me and my mate talking and they insisted we joined them. Another evening I went out to watch a match on TV with one of the Italians I worked with, he had to go back to the hotel for something so I sat in a bar watching the footie minding my own business and within 15 minutes I had a table of 5 Italian lasses laughing at my shit jokes and even worse attempts at the local lingo.

Portofino a few miles down from Genoa is an absolute delight.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

Naples is a shithole, though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I'd like to go just to see it, there was an area of Genoa called Darsena and we used to have walk through the edge of it to get back to the hotel, that was the only place we didn't stop off, the locals used to call it little Naples.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Once sacked a guy in Naples, that night petrol was poured under the office door, and a warning pinned to it.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    So in Saints case that could be a 5k spread of season ticket holders only based on when you bought your season ticket. Say 1700 South Stand, 1700 North Stand and 1600 West Stand with obligatory face scarves and gloves on entry.
    I cannot see sporting venues being closed like Italy unless a particular epi centre is identified, banning over 5,000 people gathering together is nonsensical seeing as 40,000 people a day pass through Liverpool Central Station , which is busier than Lime Street for commuters, I think we will be in a real crisis if that happens

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I cannot see sporting venues being closed like Italy unless a particular epi centre is identified, banning over 5,000 people gathering together is nonsensical seeing as 40,000 people a day pass through Liverpool Central Station , which is busier than Lime Street for commuters, I think we will be in a real crisis if that happens
    Yes I suppose it will be the London Underground System which will be the carrier of this virus as the hundreds of thousands commuters are densely packed.

Once it comes to our neck of the woods, luckily I've got an aisle seat at the ground with the seat next to me empty so I've only got the bloke behind who is going to sneeze on me. I use public transport a lot so that will stop in favour of using the car. What we really need is a heatwave next month into the high 70's that should make it less potent.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Yes I suppose it will be the London Underground System which will be the carrier of this virus as the hundreds of thousands commuters are densely packed.
    I dunno. Have those 'Northern' trains got any better since they changed the name?

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I dunno. Have those 'Northern' trains got any better since they changed the name?
    Been ok this week, just slightly late from Junction