Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warrington hahahahahahaahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    The retort from Warrington is that by commenting about their bad performance we must see them as a big threat. Its a bit difficult to justify when you’ve not won a League title for 65 years.

More likely is that when you behave without class then people may be ready for your fall whoever you are. Example off the bat: Clinton Morrison and Crystal Palace at Anfield years ago. Example used because the two teams are similar based on form and track record.

I was disappointed that Lineham was’nt interviewed. It will take the Leeds groundsman a good while to fill in that hole he was hiding in.
    Lineham lets his mouth run as quickly as he runs to the doughnut stand. Saves himself for a big performance every so often. A poor professional. What he needs is a real good crack next time he runs the ball back in against us. Need to make sure he is sorted out early on.

I'm not sure I had as much dislike for 2 wingers on the same team in my lifetime (32 years less than 65).

They are undoubtedly a threat to us in big games. They're like West Ham used to be to United years back. No matter where they finished, go to Upton Park & they'd raise their game ten fold. They knocked Utd out of the cup the weekend we beat Brisbane at Bolton in 2001, with a superb performance. Yet they've been between also rans and the Championship for decades.

Play Warrington in the latter stages of any competition, & they know how to beat us & they will raise their game & play well. It's the typical characteristic of a small club. I look at their forum & listen to their speccies & they've honestly not a clue in the majority about the sport. Most of them never set foot in Wilderspool. They forget that they've been the whipping boys for years & years. Now they've picked up a few challenge cups, they suddenly seem to think they're a massive club, who should be winning league after league.

Banned

Hello Rubber. Its a long old season and anything can happen going forward. That fat slug Lineham thinking he was Brian Bevan after beating Saints was my only issue. Don't forget avoid the paparazzi, Kerry K can give you some tips.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Dont let it be said I dont step up to to plate when things go bad.
    I was shamed at Leeds. Ive no answers.
    Why don't you start by getting a chief executive who is more interested in the rugby side rather than putting every last drop of his efforts into antagonising other teams & flying planes over other team's grounds when they are playing somebody else (a much bigger, more successful club) who stuck the cleaners through you last night?

Get some class & awareness about yourselves & other clubs might take a bit less of a dislike to you. Long way to go I admit

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Hello Rubber. Its a long old season and anything can happen going forward. That fat slug Lineham thinking he was Brian Bevan after beating Saints was my only issue. Don't forget avoid the paparazzi, Kerry K can give you some tips.
    Might as well put her on the wing instead of Armadillo Tom

Starting A Programme Collection

Don’t let it be said I don’t step up to to plate when things go bad.
    I was shamed at Leeds. I’ve no answers.
    Fair play Duckie. Just a shame that Gobshite Lineham cant do the same . It this type of spineless Yellow bellow persona thats ingrained in your club and why you are constantly crap year after year.
    Warrington fans i expect will again resort to bricking away fans coach windows due to the fact they have lost hope in the club as a rugby team so they will attempt to become the best hooligan club in the league.

The fans and players need to stop mouthing off at small victories and aim for the big prizes . Only then will warrington turn around the rotten, pretentious , mouthy attitude that surrounds the warrington club .

Tom Lineham . The challenge cup champion and mouth organ of Warrington says nothing about the Nilling at Leeds but mouths off at wires victory against Saints A team 🤷♂️

Got A Season Ticket

The dwelling on the fact they beat our half strength team is what is doing them. They should be happy with the win but they seem to have forgotten the context to it.

If we had beaten them without Ratchford, Austin, Clarke and whoever else you want to add, I’d not have been that excited by it. The commentators on sky don’t help them by saying how good and that they won and so on.

There performances against Toronto, last night and Wakefield say far more about them than a win against a severely depleted team.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

What was strange last night watching that game was how different they played compared to when they played us. I don't just mean tempo and physicality, against us Ratchford was involved in everything, since moving back to FB he's not as effective, especially considering Austin and Widdop appear to playing as mavericks.

Having those 3 in the starting line up and being nilled is quite worrying for them...it's just really funny for the rest of us!

Banned

They will pick up will Wire and Leeds have improved. What will be a worry for them and not us is Price for me he is a one trick pony a bit like the fans.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was strange last night watching that game was how different they played compared to when they played us. I don't just mean tempo and physicality, against us Ratchford was involved in everything, since moving back to FB he's not as effective, especially considering Austin and Widdop appear to playing as mavericks.

Having those 3 in the starting line up and being nilled is quite worrying for them...it's just really funny for the rest of us!
    It's like they'd found a combination that gelled with Ashton, Ratchford and Austin and changing it has affected the dynamic and balance of the side. Wouldn't write it off yet but it may take time for Ratchford, Austin and Widdop to fully gel as a trio.

Having said that, Wire were beaten in every single department. Completely different performance to the one that played us. Its like they put everything into beating us, have believed their own hype and took their eye off the ball. Very funny to watch last night but a long way to go yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

I wasn't going to bother with this thread until after the game tonight then I happened to read some of the absolute slavver on their board on RLFans when I couldn't sleep in the early hours. It makes this place look like a bastion of normallity.

They genuinely believe they are a top team and capable of winning SL.
    That Steve Price is 100% to blame (or at least the vast majority of them do).
    Apparently they have the best 2 halfbacks in the league on paper.
    Last nights referee was bent.
    That lad Burrell deserves the sack.
    Konrad Hurrell is an out of shape pudding.

That's from one post, there's most likely a load more of same but I can't be bothered trawling through it. I don't think I seen one slightly humerous or tongue in cheek comment. It's all the same self pitying stuff you here from Liverpool fans when things aren't going their way. It sent me back sleep fairly quickly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I wasn't going to bother with this thread until after the game tonight then I happened to read some of the absolute slavver on their board on RLFans when I couldn't sleep in the early hours. It makes this place look like a bastion of normallity.

That's from one post, there's most likely a load more of same but I can't be bothered trawling through it. I don't think I seen one slightly humerous or tongue in cheek comment. It's all the same self pitying stuff you here from Liverpool fans when things aren't going their way. It sent me back sleep fairly quickly anyway.
    They are lower than whale excrement

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

The only true thing there is that their two HB's are the best on paper, unfortunately on the field they were rubbish.

Not sure what's worse, Warrington fans always thinking it is their year, or now Leeds have got a few wins on the board, that they will be Super League champs again no doubt

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post

Theyve always got the option of switching Ratchford and Widdop, at least until Widdop finds his feet. Austin needs an organiser partnering him and Widdop doesnt seem to have a clue whats going on.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Whats happened to their top marguee signing Burrell? Is he injured or something?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The only true thing there is that their two HB's are the best on paper, unfortunately on the field they were rubbish.
    Not even sure that's true to be honest. Most expensive sure, but Austin only really turned up for a third of last season, and Widdop has very little creativity about him. He's fine for keeping the ball moving down the line but Patton would do that for a fraction of the price.

They'd have been better spending the Widdop money on a couple of decent forwards.

Banned

Dont let it be said I dont step up to to plate when things go bad.
    I was shamed at Leeds. Ive no answers.
    Walked off early though didn't you?.

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Waddled

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Not even sure that's true to be honest. Most expensive sure, but Austin only really turned up for a third of last season, and Widdop has very little creativity about him. He's fine for keeping the ball moving down the line but Patton would do that for a fraction of the price.

They'd have been better spending the Widdop money on a couple of decent forwards.
    I was just being a smart ass with someone else's words. I wouldn't swap Lomax for either of them.

Banned

Only a matter of time until another death threat then?

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Waddled

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Doing the Warrington Walk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I was just being a smart ass with someone else's words. I wouldn't swap Lomax for either of them.
    My bad, straight over my head. Should have known that no one of sane mind would really think that

Banned

They have the most hyped halfbacks in the league.

They have a point about the ref; he gave lucky Leeds everything. We've been on the end of some terrible and one-sided reffing displays, but there's always the nagging doubt that I'm being biased. I can't stand Wire so bias doesn't come into it, and I thought that was a shocking performance by the ref. But then, it's Leeds and it's Headingly. Half Leeds' GF wins were on the back of dodgy refs or luck.

Still the second best team in Super League when they bother to put the effort in

Not sure what’s going on with them at the moment but if we played them in a big game it would be a 50:50 call