Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Somewhere to watch the game tomorrow?

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Somewhere to watch the game tomorrow?

Does anyone know of anywhere that will definitely be showing the Toronto game tomorrow - preferably close to the Widnes area?

I notice that Liverpool are also on another Sky channel at the same time, so it's a guarantee that all the clubs and pubs around me will have that on every available screen!

Banned

A rugby club. I'm assuming you don't have Sky TV or you're not going to be home but I can't believe somewhere wouldn't have both games on.

Got A Replica Shirt

I don't have Sky at home. And there's not a single rugby club in Widnes that has a splitter to enable two different Sky channels to be watched at the same time on different screens. Believe me - I've been here before in similar circumstances. And those that do have Sky will have the Liverpool game on by popular demand - Saints just aren't that popular in Widnes! I was thinking that one of the pubs in somewhere like Bold (Bull & Dog?), or Nutgrove (Brown Edge?) might be showing it - but not being a regular didn't want to turn up to find they aren't. Just wondered if anyone that is a regular might know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beats1manbeats2man View Post
    I don't have Sky at home. And there's not a single rugby club in Widnes that has a splitter to enable two different Sky channels to be watched at the same time on different screens. Believe me - I've been here before in similar circumstances. And those that do have Sky will have the Liverpool game on by popular demand - Saints just aren't that popular in Widnes! I was thinking that one of the pubs in somewhere like Bold (Bull & Dog?), or Nutgrove (Brown Edge?) might be showing it - but not being a regular didn't want to turn up to find they aren't. Just wondered if anyone that is a regular might know.
    I used to go in the Brown Edge as I knew the manager and he always had RL on. I've not been in for a few years mind. If you're not bothered about travelling a bit further then the Cricketers will have it on and is a much better pub as I'd imagine most pubs in St Helens will. If you want to be certain, contact them by Facebook or even go old school and call them.

Banned

Id say best place to watch it near widnes would be the halliwell jones

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Id say best place to watch it near widnes would be the halliwell jones
    I wouldn't go on a freebie.

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

Come to Greenalls Club, in Alder Hey Road.
    They have 2 Sky boxes so the Saints match will deffo be on one of them.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Got A Replica Shirt

Thanks for the suggestions all - the "Bull and Dog" have confirmed that they will definitely be showing both games on separate screens.