Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Barba is at it again

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Default Ben Barba is at it again

It seems he's just not going to learn

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/be...fbfa79cd94d627

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

In no way do I condone anything he has done, in saying that, The lad is gonna end up being another addition in the suicide rates if hes carrys on with this downward spiral.

Hes needs to get his life in order. Could have been one of the greats in the game.

Banned

Last edited by Angry Dave; 27th February 2020 at 11:40. Reason: Out of order

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    In no way do I condone anything he has done, in saying that, The lad is gonna end up being another addition in the suicide rates if hes carrys on with this downward spiral.

Hes needs to get his life in order. Could have been one of the greats in the game.
    This news article is bare in its facts. It concentrates more on his past stupid actions rather than anything relevant to the current event. I would leave any negative comments out until the full story is revealed. He deserves very little, if any, support but he deserves his day in court to get to the facts. But one thing is for certain, a massive talent gone to waste.

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    It seems he's just not going to learn

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/be...fbfa79cd94d627

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Oh Brother!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_down_under View Post
    This news article is bare in its facts. It concentrates more on his past stupid actions rather than anything relevant to the current event. I would leave any negative comments out until the full story is revealed. He deserves very little, if any, support but he deserves his day in court to get to the facts. But one thing is for certain, a massive talent gone to waste.

Well said.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    A mate of mine lives in Mackay. He's twice the size of that little prick and i'm putting £500 up if he levels him and another £500 if he sends me the video and I will post on here.

Barba couldn't fight sleep.
    Why would anyone want to see the video? He obviously has a problem that needs addressing and he has to admit that before any help would be successful. Anyone who has had mental health issues knows that. The last thing he needs is people constantly denegrating him , the result of which could be, as a previous poster said, another suicide statistic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Benchar View Post
    Why would anyone want to see the video? He obviously has a problem that needs addressing and he has to admit that before any help would be successful. Anyone who has had mental health issues knows that. The last thing he needs is people constantly denegrating him , the result of which could be, as a previous poster said, another suicide statistic.
    Nah, you're right, I'm going to delete my stupid comment.

Learning All The Songs

What was he like when he was over here? Anyone spend a significant time with him.
    Didnt come across bad in interviews etc..

I just remember the crap attitude towards the end, not being a team player, not putting the effort in.

It’s got to be the demon drink/other

It happens when he is having a “night out”
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    What was he like when he was over here? Anyone spend a significant time with him.
    Didnt come across bad in interviews etc..

I just remember the crap attitude towards the end, not being a team player, not putting the effort in.
    From what I heard from someone who lived near him he was a nice bloke, happy to stop and talk to people and just pretty normal. I believe his missus didn't want him going home as she liked it here and was aware of the positive effect on him. Maybe that itself played a part in what happened.

I just wanted to apolgise again for my stupid comments last night, I'm not in the best of places myself but no excuse.

Learning All The Songs

From what I heard from someone who lived near him he was a nice bloke, happy to stop and talk to people and just pretty normal. I believe his missus didn't want him going home as she liked it here and was aware of the positive effect on him. Maybe that itself played a part in what happened.

I just wanted to apolgise again for my stupid comments last night, I'm not in the best of places myself but no excuse.
    I work on the local taxis and I picked his missus up a few times, with and without him. You're right, he was a nice lad to chat to. His missus was absolutely lovely and liked it over here. She said she liked it because he was away from bad influences. Clearly, if she had her way, she said she'd be happy for him to see his career out at saints. It's a really sad situation for him to be in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by djdegsy View Post
    I work on the local taxis and I picked his missus up a few times, with and without him. You're right, he was a nice lad to chat to. His missus was absolutely lovely and liked it over here. She said she liked it because he was away from bad influences. Clearly, if she had her way, she said she'd be happy for him to see his career out at saints. It's a really sad situation for him to be in.
    That's how I understood it too. Very sad, such a talent and a great player to watch who could've been a club great but took the $$$$'s.

Banned

That's how I understood it too. Very sad, such a talent and a great player to watch who could've been a club great but took the $$$$'s.

Spoke once or twice briefly, but other people I know spoke more with him. He was really pleasant, a little bit shy and humble. Ainslie was a lovely girl. As has been said, she loved it here, made some great friends and really didn't want to move back. Same story with the kids.

The reports since he hit the skids over there have stated his salary back in the NRL as AU$300k/year. Depending on who you listen to, that's either about what he was on here or even less, so it wasn't the money.

What I heard from a few people was that him wanting to go back was mainly the pressure he was getting from his large family and circle of friends (these were both the bad influence on him, wanting him to be out on the p*ss all the time) to move back to them, and also him wanting to prove he still had it in the NRL so his legacy there wasn't him getting a ban for the marching powder. Well he certainly fulfilled the second aim, although not in the way he wanted...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Bloody shame. A great talent and good bloke who should stay away from the pop
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Season Ticket

We all have days when we say things which we later question why we did so. I have been known many times to speak before my brain was in gear.

Let’s not paint the picture that he was singing songs skipping through St Helens town centre every day though. He had issues here. A few times a club official had to drive to the airport to persuade him to come back after he turned up there trying to go home.

He’s clearly a troubled individual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's not give this sihthouse anymore ink or air!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Let’s not paint the picture that he was singing songs skipping through St Helens town centre every day though. He had issues here. A few times a club official had to drive to the airport to persuade him to come back after he turned up there trying to go home.

Yes thats very believable. He admitted as much that he was tempted to stay in Australia after xmas 2017 but his mrs dragged him on the plane to come back over here and prepare for 2018.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

We all have days when we say things which we later question why we did so. I have been known many times to speak before my brain was in gear.
    Amen to that. I'm a nightmare for it. Don't worry about it Dave, we know you're having it tough at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post

I didnt know that. Sounds like his partner was keeping him in check a bit over here and without the influences from back home, it was easier for her.

Spoke to Barba a few times. Always pleasant. His partner was lovely as well. All a bit of a shame

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Amen to that. I'm a nightmare for it. Don't worry about it Dave, we know you're having it tough at the minute.
    Cheers mate but there was still no need for that nonsense. I'll be reet, as I hope Barba is. I was really annoyed the way he left us but he's clearly a troubled soul.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

People denigrate him because of his behaviour. I'm sure that a player of his calibre would have been offered help in the NRL. It seems like he has chosen not to change the way he behaves. All the bleeding hearts for poor Ben. It's his family that deserves help, not to say that he doesn't.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    People denigrate him because of his behaviour. I'm sure that a player of his calibre would have been offered help in the NRL. It seems like he has chosen not to change the way he behaves. All the bleeding hearts for poor Ben. It's his family that deserves help, not to say that he doesn't.
    Maybe he was offered help, but he has to admit he needs it, not always easy to do with a mental health issue. I don't condone what he has done for one minute and feel for his family. His partner needs support too but would need even more if the worst were to happen. Too much pressure from social media, apart from redvee
    I keep away from Twitter etc;

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Maybe he was offered help, but he has to admit he needs it, not always easy to do with a mental health issue. I don't condone what he has done for one minute and feel for his family. His partner needs support too but would need even more if the worst were to happen. Too much pressure from social media, apart from redvee
    I keep away from Twitter etc;
    I pretty much agree with what you are saying, but is his problem Mental Health or alcoholism?