Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tickets v Toronto

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Tickets v Toronto

Do ticket prices go on the day? I know its not going to sell out but is it worth getting a ticket beforehand to save a bit of ££?

Banned

Here's an idea, ••••ing google it instead of asking stupid question you thick ••••ing mug.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Here's an idea, ••••ing google it instead of asking stupid question you thick ••••ing mug.
    You're a happy camper

Got A Season Ticket

I think it might well sell out. We've bought tickets from Wolfpack (you can go anywhere on ground). Oh, and just ignore that thoroughly rude and unpleasant poster.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    You're a happy camper
    he certainly lives up to his name

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

spat my tea out.

Oh this needs to be a regular answer on Facebook as well, the amount of daft questions on there that can be answered by Google.

Banned

You're a happy camper
    No. I'm not ••••ing happy actually.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroger View Post
    I think it might well sell out. We've bought tickets from Wolfpack (you can go anywhere on ground). Oh, and just ignore that thoroughly rude and unpleasant poster.
    I think the OP is asking about the game at Warrington, which will be well below a full house.
    ...And it's not such a daft question AD, as we don't know if the Wires ticket office will be open on the day. One would hope it would be, be this is RL we're talking about here!

Thinking this is why I am not a member of the Saints Fan Group on Facebook. You could respond to most of the questions they ask with this response.

This would actually make a good footer.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Tickets were discounted by £5 to £17 but the deadline went week last Monday I think.
    Pretty sure it's £22 now.
    We are in the usual "home" terrace down the touchline.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Tickets were discounted by £5 to £17 but the deadline went week last Monday I think.
    Pretty sure it's £22 now.
    We are in the usual "home" terrace down the touchline.
    https://tickets.saintsrlfc.com/ticke...9-005056b899cd

Yes £22 standing. No other Adult prices quoted so you would suspect not all of the ground will be open.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I think the OP is asking about the game at Warrington, which will be well below a full house.
    ...And it's not such a daft question AD, as we don't know if the Wires ticket office will be open on the day. One would hope it would be, be this is RL we're talking about here!
    No one should be going to this joke of game anyway, especially in that dump.

No one should be going to this joke of game anyway, especially in that dump.
    I sort of see where you're coming from.
    I've said all along that it's madness to have a Canadian team in our domestic league. Plus the 11th hour change to this fixture, which, although was said to be the fault of the Stadium owners (or Saracens?), really should have been more definitely sorted from our end of things. SL? RFL? Toronto? Saints? Not sure who 'negotiated' it, but I think it could have been handled better!
    Having said that, I want to watch Saints play whoever our opponents are, and I don't have any problem going to HJ.

Banned

I sort of see where you're coming from.
    I've said all along that it's madness to have a Canadian team in our domestic league. Plus the 11th hour change to this fixture, which, although was said to be the fault of the Stadium owners (or Saracens?), really should have been more definitely sorted from our end of things. SL? RFL? Toronto? Saints? Not sure who 'negotiated' it, but I think it could have been handled better!
    Having said that, I want to watch Saints play whoever our opponents are, and I don't have any problem going to HJ.

As sport we're not popular or rich enough to turn away PR opportunities like Toronto.

I'm not seeing the issue with Toronto.
    Shall we just carry on with Salford, Wakefield, etc pulling 3000 with the occasional return of Widnes, Leigh maybe with a couple of thousand?.

The game is at a crossroads with the TV deal up for renewal. We have a backer prepared to put millions of dollars into Toronto and cover other teams expenses. From a standing start they have already proved they can pull 5 figure attendances that was in the lower division playing in a bit of a ramshackle stadium.
    They have also pulled off a signing that probably no other club in SL could have dreamed of and got the game massive publicity.
    The presence of Toronto can only strengthen the appeal to a new audience and strengthen the TV deal negotiations.
    I'm genuinely not getting the negativity especially noting the venture is being financed by external cash.

I'm going to Toronto in May. I fully accept that I'm unlikely to be able to do that year in year out but I think it's worth a gamble of behalf of the game having them in. If it turns out another failed experiment in a couple of years then at least we have given it a whirl and not at the games financial expense.
    Last edited by Div; 26th February 2020 at 22:54.

In The South Stand

As sport we're not popular or rich enough to turn away PR opportunities like Toronto.
    Nail on head

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

I'm not seeing the issue with Toronto.
    Shall we just carry on with Salford, Wakefield, etc pulling 3000 with the occasional return of Widnes, Leigh maybe with a couple of thousand?.

The game is at a crossroads with the TV deal up for renewal. We have a backer prepared to put millions of dollars into Toronto and cover other teams expenses. From a standing start they have already proved they can pull 5 figure attendances that was in the lower division playing in a bit of a ramshackle stadium.
    They have also pulled off a signing that probably no other club in SL could have dreamed of and got the game massive publicity.
    The presence of Toronto can only strengthen the appeal to a new audience and strengthen the TV deal negotiations.
    I'm genuinely not getting the negativity especially noting the venture is being financed by external cash.

I'm going to Toronto on May. I fully accept that I'm unlikely to be able to do that year in year out but I think it's worth a gamble of behalf of the game having them in. If it turns out another failed experiment in a couple of years then at least we have given it a whirl and not at the games financial expense.
    Exactly. Our sport cannot survive long term only being played seriously in the M62 corridor plus a few cities across France, Australia and New Zealand.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Exactly. Our sport cannot survive long term only being played seriously in the M62 corridor plus a few cities across France, Australia and New Zealand.
    Why not? It has done for the last 100 yrs.

Lets see how many fans are drawn to warrington at thee weekend . It might make the crowds at Salford and Wakefield look impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Why not? It has done for the last 100 yrs.

Lets see how many fans are drawn to warrington at thee weekend . It might make the crowds at Salford and Wakefield look impressive
    Because we are living in different times?
    I have always argued for the heartland areas.
    I now regularly hear sports reports on radio and TV where netball, women's football and cricket, NFL , etc all get coverage and RL goes unmentioned. Why is that? Why do we get no column inches at all in much of the printed press?

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I've always supported the idea of expansion, and I would like to see RL take off in Canada...But I still think it's a basket case having a side in the UK domestic league.
    And 'No' (before anyone asks), I don't know what the alternative would be to make RL popular over there.

My concern is that the RL authorities seem to have grabbed this one with both hands without really considering the long term sustainability of the whole thing.
    I am buying into this, and will be going to Toronto. Unfortunately, I just can't see it lasting if/when the current backers pull out.

I've always supported the idea of expansion, and I would like to see RL take off in Canada...But I still think it's a basket case having a side in the UK domestic league.
    And 'No' (before anyone asks), I don't know what the alternative would be to make RL popular over there.

My concern is that the RL authorities seem to have grabbed this one with both hands without really considering the long term sustainability of the whole thing.
    I am buying into this, and will be going to Toronto. Unfortunately, I just can't see it lasting if/when the current backers pull out.
    I get you last point Barry. However, what's new? Worst case scenario it's another Cardiff Blue Dragons, Kent Invicta, Nottingham, Celtic, Scarborough, Paris..etc Only potential loss is purely reputational. I suspect the amount of money thrown at Toronto is more than those previous ventures combined budgets. I don't see why someone would be prepared to spend so big without intending to make it work.
    I'm not sure the RFL and or SL have thought the plan through properly though. What happens if they get relegated, etc.
    I'm sensing a slightly bigger SL, end to loop fixtures, London being included and the drawbridge being lifted again before long.

Got A Season Ticket

I agree Div that both the RL & Super League never really thought it was ever going to happen. But it's here and as long as David Argyle wants to fund it then it's here to stay. A bigger SL with Toulouse and London would be good for the games profile but will •••• off big time the M62 brigade who only want to see Leigh and Braford promoted.

Toronto are learning as they go along. I do think some of the contracts Noble signed with players were crazy and short sighted. The on the road games need to be double headers. It worked at Leeds and will probably do the same at York. The warrington fixture was originally a double header in London with the Skolars. I hope there is more than a few thousand there but I doubt it. The tickets should have been cheaper and encouraged youngsters to attend. Still i'm flying in on Friday from Toronto to see it. How could I miss the first game between my hometown team and my newly adopted team!
    Maybe I have rose tinted glasses on as after spending 20 or so years on the terraces at Knowsley Road I now get to watch rugby league in Canada!! I for one hope it's here for the long term but there are many more obstacles to overcome.

May as well have played it at Langtree Park.....

WTF is the point of playing at HJones?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hamstersaint View Post
    I agree Div that both the RL & Super League never really thought it was ever going to happen. But it's here and as long as David Argyle wants to fund it then it's here to stay. A bigger SL with Toulouse and London would be good for the games profile but will •••• off big time the M62 brigade who only want to see Leigh and Braford promoted.

Toronto are learning as they go along. I do think some of the contracts Noble signed with players were crazy and short sighted. The on the road games need to be double headers. It worked at Leeds and will probably do the same at York. The warrington fixture was originally a double header in London with the Skolars. I hope there is more than a few thousand there but I doubt it. The tickets should have been cheaper and encouraged youngsters to attend. Still i'm flying in on Friday from Toronto to see it. How could I miss the first game between my hometown team and my newly adopted team!
    Maybe I have rose tinted glasses on as after spending 20 or so years on the terraces at Knowsley Road I now get to watch rugby league in Canada!! I for one hope it's here for the long term but there are many more obstacles to overcome.
    Don't know why they didn't ask Bath or Glouster r u if they could play there

Got A Season Ticket

I get you last point Barry. However, what's new? Worst case scenario it's another Cardiff Blue Dragons, Kent Invicta, Nottingham, Celtic, Scarborough, Paris..etc Only potential loss is purely reputational. I suspect the amount of money thrown at Toronto is more than those previous ventures combined budgets. I don't see why someone would be prepared to spend so big without intending to make it work.
    I'm not sure the RFL and or SL have thought the plan through properly though. What happens if they get relegated, etc.
    I'm sensing a slightly bigger SL, end to loop fixtures, London being included and the drawbridge being lifted again before long.
    I'd really like to know what his aim is, a think there are a few options - not sure which is the goal of the backers
    1. Pump money into Toronto and they become Super League Champions and win all the trophies going- it is still probably a poor return on investment as SL stands.
    2. Toronto become a successful club and spark a growth in Canada and league takes off there and Toronto leave ESL to be a big club in CSL
    3. Toronto become a successful club in amongst a new SL with the likes of New York, Barcelona, Manchester and Dublin