Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wigan V Toronto

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Not true, I keep a record of attendances to see how trends are, and have done for over 15 years. As long as my OLD XL programme still works I'll carry on. It's quite simple really if you know how to use a spreadsheet.
    Why the hell would you keep a record of our attendances? Or brag about knowing how to use a spreadsheet for that matter?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Why the hell would you keep a record of our attendances? Or brag about knowing how to use a spreadsheet for that matter?
    He has probably kept those records for years just waiting for the opportunity to use them. Old spreadsheets new carpets - what a life.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He has probably kept those records for years just waiting for the opportunity to use them. Old spreadsheets new carpets - what a life.
    He's come out with some shite on here in the past but that's pretty special even for him.

Banned

That is what the old weasel is SPECIAL and NEEDY if we win Saturday he will lose another special friend and not be able to post for three months.

Probably started in 2006 when all they went on about was how good their attendance was after we cleaned up the silver

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Probably started in 2006 when all they went on about was how good their attendance was after we cleaned up the silver
    I said I'd leave him alone as I hate bullies and he's an old bloke but he does himself no favours. Christ on a bike he's some troll, I'll give him that and this has amused me.

Banned

Dave. This reaction to this guy isn't bullying. The mans strap line was and still is maybe Saints the perennial cheats. This man has given our club dogs abuse on other forums. He then comes on here with his snake selling trying to make out he is a nice old man and some buy into it, I can't and won't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Dave. This reaction to this guy isn't bullying. The mans strap line was and still is maybe Saints the perennial cheats. This man has given our club dogs abuse on other forums. He then comes on here with his snake selling trying to make out he is a nice old man and some buy into it, I can't and won't.
    So I believe, but he's an old man and I'm not, I'm also a lot smarter than him and have a very cutting way when I want. I've given his club dogs abuse and it's fans over 30 years, so what? It's part of one of the few things RL is renowned for, our derby. I don't want them to stop hating us because it then dies, and will I never stop hating them. I don't buy into any of his shite and I can't understand why he comes on here but if he's that sad and lonely then I kind of get it. If not, he's thicker than the whale omelette I already think he is.

Banned

I said I'd leave him alone as I hate bullies and he's an old bloke but he does himself no favours. Christ on a bike he's some troll, I'll give him that and this has amused me.
    I must admit I did chuckle as well. I get bollocked of the missus for keeping my old Saints programmes, I think she'd have a heart attack if I started compiling Saints and Wigan attendances into an Excel spreadsheet: "Sorry love, we can't go out tonight.... I've got the 1996 season to load up and the 1992 has gone and corrupted itself again." Perhaps the old man should use an Access database and go more cutting edge? You just can't be too careful these days. The Chinese could be hacking into his xls as we speak; there could be key info in there.

Wonder if he keeps one for Tesco shoppers at Wigan?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    I must admit I did chuckle as well. I get bollocked of the missus for keeping my old Saints programmes, I think she'd have a heart attack if I started compiling Saints and Wigan attendances into an Excel spreadsheet: "Sorry love, we can't go out tonight.... I've got the 1996 season to load up and the 1992 has gone and corrupted itself again." Perhaps the old man should use an Access database and go more cutting edge? You just can't be too careful these days. The Chinese could be hacking into his xls as we speak; there could be key info in there.

Wonder if he keeps one for Tesco shoppers at Wigan?
    I’d think a pivot table would be better

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I’d think a pivot table would be better

Or perhaps a Powerpoint presentation; with lots of 'pie'charts!

Or perhaps a Powerpoint presentation; with lots of 'pie'charts!

Banned

or perhaps a powerpoint presentation; with lots of 'pie'charts!

Banned

What's happened to Hull? I expected them to beat this shower at the weekend.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    What's happened to Hull? I expected them to beat this shower at the weekend.
    FC fans got giddy after beating Leeds but now the knives are out for Radford(again).
    Swift scored a good try yesterday but messed up for one of Wigan's

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I generally adopt a ‘believe it when I see it’ approach to Hull every season when they’re hyped up in the early weeks. All we see year after year is that they bring loads of new signings in, they start okay but then find their level and fail to impress. Radford would been booted out of every other big club by now I reckon. They are a Top 3/4 team on paper, but I’m not convinced they even make the 5.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    FC fans got giddy after beating Leeds but now the knives are out for Radford(again).
    Swift scored a good try yesterday but messed up for one of Wigan's
    You have a couple of good wins your talked up for winning the grand final lose a couple and people want the coach sacking ,Tho having said that im not sure how Radford keeps his job

Banned

Strange team are Hull. Last season was bizarre, win by 50 one week, get hammered by 60 the next.

Looks like they will be up and down again this season. I agree that Radford would have been binned by most clubs but the injury excuse over the last 12 months has probably saved him. If he can't get a consistent tune out of this lot over the next couple of months, i reckon he will be the first coach to get the sack this season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    You have a couple of good wins your talked up for winning the grand final lose a couple and people want the coach sacking ,Tho having said that im not sure how Radford keeps his job
    Radford seems bulletproof. Hull are generally big under achievers and the CC cup win and the chairman’s loyalty to Radford will keep them so. Similar style of coach to KC.

Radford seems bulletproof. Hull are generally big under achievers and the CC cup win and the chairman’s loyalty to Radford will keep them so. Similar style of coach to KC.
    If it was football he would be long gone. Every year I think his job his on the line. He has been allowed sign an innumerable numbers of players since he came in, without producing the goods.
    It will be a pity if he goes because in post match interviews i think he is the most honest of all of them.
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 24th February 2020 at 16:04.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If it was football he would be long gone. Every year I think his job his on the line. He is allowed sign an innumerable numbers of players since he came in without producing the goods.
    It will be a pity if he goes because in post match interviews i think he is the most honest of all of them.
    I like Radford and don't mind Hull to be honest, they remind me of us. I think what would do him the world of good is to take a step back and surround himself with leaders instead of yes men. He's made some really good signings and some really bad ones but his team lack mental strength and direction when it gets tough.

In The South Stand

Hull are the RL equivalent of Newcastle in football. They're hyped to the rafters as having great support and being "sleeping giants", yet when the chips are down, they carry on sleeping and dreaming. They've invested heavily this season and if the results go the same way as last season, with little or no continuity, I can see Radford getting the chop.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Hull are the RL equivalent of Newcastle in football. They're hyped to the rafters as having great support and being "sleeping giants", yet when the chips are down, they carry on sleeping and dreaming. They've invested heavily this season and if the results go the same way as last season, with little or no continuity, I can see Radford getting the chop.

They're more like Everton

(although I suppose Hull do win the odd cup, so not totally alike)

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I generally adopt a ‘believe it when I see it’ approach to Hull every season when they’re hyped up in the early weeks. All we see year after year is that they bring loads of new signings in, they start okay but then find their level and fail to impress. Radford would been booted out of every other big club by now I reckon. They are a Top 3/4 team on paper, but I’m not convinced they even make the 5.
    They should be doing much better with that squad as you say. Bringing Mahe Fonua back who was brilliant for them last time around and having the luxury of leaving Albert Kelly out for round 1, whom for mine is one of the most exciting players in the competition.

As for Wigan, it's looking like a masterstroke in putting Bevan French in at full back. Ball in-hand he's really dangerous and seems to have a pass in him as well. Could get close to Barba's stats from 2018 if carries on at this rate.

Regards,

STEVO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    They should be doing much better with that squad as you say. Bringing Mahe Fonua back who was brilliant for them last time around and having the luxury of leaving Albert Kelly out for round 1, whom for mine is one of the most exciting players in the competition.

As for Wigan, it's looking like a masterstroke in putting Bevan French in at full back. Ball in-hand he's really dangerous and seems to have a pass in him as well. Could get close to Barba's stats from 2018 if carries on at this rate.

Regards,

STEVO
    Bevan isn’t on the same planet as prime Ben Barba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk