Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Contract Extension for Lewis Dodd

Default Contract Extension for Lewis Dodd

Learning All The Songs

Can he play full back and catch a high bomb??

In The South Stand

Is it premature to say in at 7 and Fages to 9 while Roby remains unavailable?

Sounds like a good bit of business.
    Last edited by Suttoner; 12th February 2020 at 16:15.

Default Contract Extension for Lewis Dodd

I really hope this lad is as good as the hype. He's been on good money from the off and now a new and improved deal.
    Last edited by Reacher; 12th February 2020 at 16:38.

Banned

Is he at the stage for the odd game this season? Especially at home.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I really hope this lad is as good as the hype. He's been on good money from the off and now a new and improved deal.
    I致e posted on here before that a few Australian clubs had been sniffing around Lewis so for Saints to tie him to a long contract is a great bit of business. He was head and shoulders above his own age group last year so it値l be interesting to see how he goes in the reserves against experienced super league players.

Letting Richardson go shows how highly the club rate the young lad so hopefully he値l kick on to be a really good player for us.

Happy with this, the lad is a great prospect and is highly rated, a long way to go but Saints have managed to keep hold of the lad. l wish him well.

COYS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Is it premature to say in at 7 and Fages to 9 while Roby remains unavailable?

Sounds like a good bit of business.
    That crossed my mind too.

Learning All The Songs

Have Hazzard, Simm, Rizzelli, Foster, Nisbet, Wingfield signed any deals beyond this season ?.

I have watched him a lot as I go to Academy and now reserve games.. Of course no one can predict the future, but on what I have seen on the pitch is a player with an immense talent. His eye for a gap (see London highlights last week for example) to run through is incredible. His kicking both long and short is excellent. So many tries with the academy came off his short kicks. He is a marvel at the reverse kick. Also he is an excellent extra point kicker. When he played in reserves v Salford he just stood out. Heard Salford coaches saying how good he was.
    More than happy he has been tied down with a long contract. He is still young but if we have injuries to players in his position I can see him stepping up.
    No I’m not related..
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I have watched him a lot as I go to Academy and now reserve games.. Of course no one can predict the future, but on what I have seen on the pitch is a player with an immense talent. His eye for a gap (see London highlights last week for example) to run through is incredible. His kicking both long and short is excellent. So many tries with the academy came off his short kicks. He is a marvel at the reverse kick. Also he is an excellent extra point kicker. When he played in reserves v Salford he just stood out. Heard Salford coaches saying how good he was.
    More than happy he has been tied down with a long contract. He is still young but if we have injuries to players in his position I can see him stepping up.
    No I’m not related..
    Sounds really good, thanks for the first hand opinion. I hope he can make the step up when he has bigger opponents and faster defences.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    No I’m not related..
    I've only seen highlights but something that's jumped out is that I've now seen him kick two 40/20s where he just strokes the ball and it goes for miles. Pure technique, and reminiscent of Tommy Martyn. He seems to have great footwork, too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I've only seen highlights but something that's jumped out is that I've now seen him kick two 40/20s where he just strokes the ball and it goes for miles. Pure technique, and reminiscent of Tommy Martyn. He seems to have great footwork, too.
    Great footwork but plays with his head up. Runs the ball like Tony Myler. If he is as good he ll be a cracking player!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    I致e posted on here before that a few Australian clubs had been sniffing around Lewis so for Saints to tie him to a long contract is a great bit of business. He was head and shoulders above his own age group last year so it値l be interesting to see how he goes in the reserves against experienced super league players.

Letting Richardson go shows how highly the club rate the young lad so hopefully he値l kick on to be a really good player for us.
    Yes, this is true, there is some surprise in Australia that his manager allowed him to be tied down for four years. He must have negotiated a very good deal with Saints.

Contracts mean little these days. If he turns out as good as expected then a NRL club would pay the transfer fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Outstanding talent , great to see the contact extension , the agent who sorted SB William's contract out was talking about this lad a couple of month's ago , he also confirmed he sorted DR's transfer to Cas , and the reason Saints let Danny go was the promise of this guy coming through.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Outstanding talent , great to see the contact extension , the agent who sorted SB William's contract out was talking about this lad a couple of month's ago , he also confirmed he sorted DR's transfer to Cas , and the reason Saints let Danny go was the promise of this guy coming through.
    Bit when Saints let Higham go and had Roby coming through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Bit when Saints let Higham go and had Roby coming through.
    And at the time i was fuming we let higham go. Seems rather funny now looking back at how roby turned out

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    And at the time i was fuming we let higham go. Seems rather funny now looking back at how roby turned out
    Higham had long peaked before he left us.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Contracts mean little these days. If he turns out as good as expected then a NRL club would pay the transfer fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have to wonder if this was a major point they considered, and the reason for the 4 year extension as i think he has only a kid just turned 18, so a bit young to uproot to Australia. (it's a big jump we were only 20 and 22 when we left)

Noooobie

Wingfield is a real good player good brain can kick also to. Watch this kid a lot. He’s had a knee reconstruction last year I think could still be injured. Can play a few positions. He’s Allways been a 9 but plays 13 now also played 6-7 a lot for Academy. He also signed at parramatta to when his family emigrated to Sydney. Hopefully see him get some game time this year.