Jungle Out There Banner
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Contract Extension for Lewis Dodd

  1. #1
    Learning All The Songs Tabasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rivington Road, St Helens
    Posts
    2,492
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Contract Extension for Lewis Dodd


  2. #2
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    961
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Can he play full back and catch a high bomb??

  3. #3
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Newport, Shropshire
    Posts
    1,542
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Is it premature to say in at 7 and Fages to 9 while Roby remains unavailable?

    Sounds like a good bit of business.
    Last edited by Suttoner; 12th February 2020 at 16:15.

  4. #4
    really is sorry Reacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wigan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    11,068
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Contract Extension for Lewis Dodd

    I really hope this lad is as good as the hype. He's been on good money from the off and now a new and improved deal.
    Last edited by Reacher; 12th February 2020 at 16:38.

  5. #5
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    288
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Is he at the stage for the odd game this season? Especially at home.

  6. #6
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Haydock
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I really hope this lad is as good as the hype. He's been on good money from the off and now a new and improved deal.
    I致e posted on here before that a few Australian clubs had been sniffing around Lewis so for Saints to tie him to a long contract is a great bit of business. He was head and shoulders above his own age group last year so it値l be interesting to see how he goes in the reserves against experienced super league players.

    Letting Richardson go shows how highly the club rate the young lad so hopefully he値l kick on to be a really good player for us.

  7. #7
    Learning All The Songs Jackbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Happy with this, the lad is a great prospect and is highly rated, a long way to go but Saints have managed to keep hold of the lad. l wish him well.

    COYS

  8. #8
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,639
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Is it premature to say in at 7 and Fages to 9 while Roby remains unavailable?

    Sounds like a good bit of business.
    That crossed my mind too.

  9. #9
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    under the laughing tree
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Have Hazzard, Simm, Rizzelli, Foster, Nisbet, Wingfield signed any deals beyond this season ?.

  10. #10
    In The South Stand 49er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,676
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I really hope this lad is as good as the hype. He's been on good money from the off and now a new and improved deal.
    I have watched him a lot as I go to Academy and now reserve games.. Of course no one can predict the future, but on what I have seen on the pitch is a player with an immense talent. His eye for a gap (see London highlights last week for example) to run through is incredible. His kicking both long and short is excellent. So many tries with the academy came off his short kicks. He is a marvel at the reverse kick. Also he is an excellent extra point kicker. When he played in reserves v Salford he just stood out. Heard Salford coaches saying how good he was.
    More than happy he has been tied down with a long contract. He is still young but if we have injuries to players in his position I can see him stepping up.
    No I’m not related..
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

  11. #11
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,245
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I have watched him a lot as I go to Academy and now reserve games.. Of course no one can predict the future, but on what I have seen on the pitch is a player with an immense talent. His eye for a gap (see London highlights last week for example) to run through is incredible. His kicking both long and short is excellent. So many tries with the academy came off his short kicks. He is a marvel at the reverse kick. Also he is an excellent extra point kicker. When he played in reserves v Salford he just stood out. Heard Salford coaches saying how good he was.
    More than happy he has been tied down with a long contract. He is still young but if we have injuries to players in his position I can see him stepping up.
    No I’m not related..
    Sounds really good, thanks for the first hand opinion. I hope he can make the step up when he has bigger opponents and faster defences.

  12. #12
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,912
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I have watched him a lot as I go to Academy and now reserve games.. Of course no one can predict the future, but on what I have seen on the pitch is a player with an immense talent. His eye for a gap (see London highlights last week for example) to run through is incredible. His kicking both long and short is excellent. So many tries with the academy came off his short kicks. He is a marvel at the reverse kick. Also he is an excellent extra point kicker. When he played in reserves v Salford he just stood out. Heard Salford coaches saying how good he was.
    More than happy he has been tied down with a long contract. He is still young but if we have injuries to players in his position I can see him stepping up.
    No I’m not related..
    I've only seen highlights but something that's jumped out is that I've now seen him kick two 40/20s where he just strokes the ball and it goes for miles. Pure technique, and reminiscent of Tommy Martyn. He seems to have great footwork, too.

  13. #13
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I've only seen highlights but something that's jumped out is that I've now seen him kick two 40/20s where he just strokes the ball and it goes for miles. Pure technique, and reminiscent of Tommy Martyn. He seems to have great footwork, too.
    Great footwork but plays with his head up. Runs the ball like Tony Myler. If he is as good he ll be a cracking player!

  14. #14
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    I致e posted on here before that a few Australian clubs had been sniffing around Lewis so for Saints to tie him to a long contract is a great bit of business. He was head and shoulders above his own age group last year so it値l be interesting to see how he goes in the reserves against experienced super league players.

    Letting Richardson go shows how highly the club rate the young lad so hopefully he値l kick on to be a really good player for us.
    Yes, this is true, there is some surprise in Australia that his manager allowed him to be tied down for four years. He must have negotiated a very good deal with Saints.

  15. #15
    really is sorry Reacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wigan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    11,068
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Contracts mean little these days. If he turns out as good as expected then a NRL club would pay the transfer fee.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Outstanding talent , great to see the contact extension , the agent who sorted SB William's contract out was talking about this lad a couple of month's ago , he also confirmed he sorted DR's transfer to Cas , and the reason Saints let Danny go was the promise of this guy coming through.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  17. #17
    Learning All The Songs Gerry Mander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Around the Ruck. Winning the Collision.
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Outstanding talent , great to see the contact extension , the agent who sorted SB William's contract out was talking about this lad a couple of month's ago , he also confirmed he sorted DR's transfer to Cas , and the reason Saints let Danny go was the promise of this guy coming through.
    Bit when Saints let Higham go and had Roby coming through.

  18. #18
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Bit when Saints let Higham go and had Roby coming through.
    And at the time i was fuming we let higham go. Seems rather funny now looking back at how roby turned out

  19. #19
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,194
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    And at the time i was fuming we let higham go. Seems rather funny now looking back at how roby turned out
    Higham had long peaked before he left us.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Contracts mean little these days. If he turns out as good as expected then a NRL club would pay the transfer fee.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have to wonder if this was a major point they considered, and the reason for the 4 year extension as i think he has only a kid just turned 18, so a bit young to uproot to Australia. (it's a big jump we were only 20 and 22 when we left)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •