Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gelling suspended....

Default Gelling suspended....

Off field conduct apparently....

Update

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ru...ng-intent.html
    Last edited by RJM25R; 12th February 2020 at 15:31.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Allegedly attacked his partner, if true then he should have his registration voided.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The Mail have just got the jump on it via a statement from the Cheshire Police, had to be held by police officers allegedly for possible GBH on his partner, seems as though she has jumped on a plane back to OZ.

Arrested, intent to wound, deep siht!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...n-rugby-league

Learning All The Songs

So much for 'the man of the people'...

Everybody needs to exercise care posting on this thread for obvious reasons.

The interesting or noteworthy thing for me.

I watched the out of your league podcast last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLl-w_1HgY&t=1592s

The timing of the filming seemed to be after the Salford V Toronto game based on comments from Wilkin.
    "tackling Pauli Pauli". Likely to have been Sunday but regardless after Sat 3pm.

20 mins in. Reference was made to his leaving Wigan for personal reasons. He was asked if he wanted to talk about it.
    He was given an out. He said "not now in the future". He spoke about it freely later in the cast.
    Will Perry was replaced by Gethin Jones as host, in this episode.

Overall seemed a bit odd.

He appeared very relaxed for someone who had been arrested and likely to be suspended.

All a bit strange given today's announcement.

Would be surprised if out of your league would have allowed itself to be used for PR.
    That said the question remains did the podcast team know?

Learning All The Songs

Let’s no forget, the Benny Barber is now a lorry driver because of attacking his partner. If the allegations are true I would think a similar punishment, however this is the a RFL, and if the allegations are true then will a blind eye be turned and will Sky hail the returning hero after any short ban.

Banned

If found guilty, this will be a nice early test for Super Leagues newly found moral compass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Let’s no forget, the Benny Barber is now a lorry driver because of attacking his partner. If the allegations are true I would think a similar punishment, however this is the a RFL, and if the allegations are true then will a blind eye be turned and will Sky hail the returning hero after any short ban.
    Sky love a good comeback, as they did after Flower assaulted a prone half conscious player. He wasn’t a bad lad really.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Everybody needs to exercise care posting on this thread for obvious reasons.

The interesting or noteworthy thing for me.

I watched the out of your league podcast last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLl-w_1HgY&t=1592s

The timing of the filming seemed to be after the Salford V Toronto game based on comments from Wilkin.
    "tackling Pauli Pauli". Likely to have been Sunday but regardless after Sat 3pm.

20 mins in. Reference was made to his leaving Wigan for personal reasons. He was asked if he wanted to talk about it.
    He was given an out. He said "not now in the future". He spoke about it freely later in the cast.
    Will Perry was replaced by Gethin Jones as host, in this episode.

Overall seemed a bit odd.

He appeared very relaxed for someone who had been arrested and likely to be suspended.

All a bit strange given today's announcement.

Would be surprised if out of your league would have allowed itself to be used for PR.
    That said the question remains did the podcast team know?
    Watching this video he seems like a regular guy , wonder if the demon drink involved ,
    Also has his wife made charges against him .

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    If found guilty, this will be a nice early test for Super Leagues newly found moral compass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If convicted of “wounding with intent” I don’t think SL will need to worry as the starting point sentence for even the lowest level is 4 years imprisonment.
    That’s not to say he will necessarily be charged with an offence let alone be convicted. The real problem will be if not even brought to trial because a spouse refuses to cooperate ala Barba. Then SL have a potential headache. I have no inside info so all of this is speculative and hypothetical I hasten to add.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Will Hicks be giving a character reference in his defence.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Seen some pictures of his Mrs and she looks in a pretty bad way. If Gelling has indeed done this then hopefully everybody who's been taking the moral ground over the Folau situation will take the same stance over this incident. In many ways this is a lot worse than Folau spouting his insular views and Gelling should be sacked. I guess the BB case is the guideline that should be used and hopefully justice will be done here.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Will Hicks be giving a character reference in his defence.
    He'll probably be the magistrate

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    Seen some pictures of his Mrs and she looks in a pretty bad way. If Gelling has indeed done this then hopefully everybody who's been taking the moral ground over the Folau situation will take the same stance over this incident. In many ways this is a lot worse than Folau spouting his insular views and Gelling should be sacked. I guess the BB case is the guideline that should be used and hopefully justice will be done here.
    If she is in a bad way then that is far worse than Folau mouthing off his rhetoric. If it is true I hope he gets what he deserves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    He'll probably be the magistrate
    Will it come to Court if some Wire loon threatens to kill him though. Wolves looking to sign Benjamin Flower I believe.

Learning All The Songs

By all accounts the photos doing the rounds on social media are from a previous accident and not this alleged incident

Got A Season Ticket

Some of us are able to think there should be no room in the sport for either domestic abusers OR evangelical homophobes, it’s not ‘the moral high ground’, it’s called having principles

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JonNgog View Post
    Some of us are able to think there should be no room in the sport for either domestic abusers OR evangelical homophobes, it’s not ‘the moral high ground’, it’s called having principles

Nail on head.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by JonNgog View Post
    Evangelical Homophobes, I am in the live and let live frame of mind I don't have any trouble with what pleasures people get from something that I find unnatural that is their choice. What does worry me is the fact that it is so widespread in the corridors of power that they can pass laws that make peoples views a Hate Crime. Are we not allowed a view on anything now ? As for Religion I don't partake in the one thing that causes more problems and trouble than anything else in the world, but if someone is religious and has views on something then surely he is entitled to air them, after all when I expire I will burn in the local crematorium as there is no such place as Hell in my life. (Anfield
    Wigan and Warrington excepted)
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Banned

Evangelical Homophobes, I am in the live and let live frame of mind I don't have any trouble with what pleasures people get from something that I find unnatural that is their choice. What does worry me is the fact that it is so widespread in the corridors of power that they can pass laws that make peoples views a Hate Crime. Are we not allowed a view on anything now ? As for Religion I don't partake in the one thing that causes more problems and trouble than anything else in the world, but if someone is religious and has views on something then surely he is entitled to air them, after all when I expire I will burn in the local crematorium as there is no such place as Hell in my life. (Anfield

At risk of irking certain posters for discussing something other than rugby, I think there's a fine balance between expressing a dislike of a certain group, and inciting hate towards a certain group (especially when that group has, over the years, suffered abuse to discrimination to violent attacks)

My own view is that if you incite hate (that could reasonably lead to abuse and/or violence) then there's a good argument for the law to become involved.

I also think there needs to be a distinction between what a person is born like (race, gender, sexuality, disability), and what a person chooses to be/follow (religion, etc). I wouldn't mock or criticise someone for the way they were born. But their choice of religion or favourite sports team or politics is fair game for mockery & criticism.

Banned

There already is that entitlement. That’s how Folau’s views that were in the headlines in the first place. He hasn’t been prosecuted nor is he threatened with imprisonment – he’s just experiencing the consequences of implying people’s existence caused a disasters, and other statements which could broadly fall under the banner of hate.

Got A Season Ticket

Looks like he's been charged with GBH.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/antho...t-today-31662/

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    Looks like he's been charged with GBH.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/antho...t-today-31662/

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    There is no room for this kind of behaviour in society. If this is true they should throw the book at him.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Some of these players seem to come from communities where the standards of behaviour and moral attitudes seem to date back to what would have been the norm over here in say pre 1950s

I'm surprised those attitudes don't change once they start playing rugby at a higher level and mixing with other player's.

When the Barba case came to light it was mentioned that there had been lots of incidences of domestic violence in rugby league around the same time so it still seems to be common in their communities.

With Folau it would be interesting to see if his attitudes change if he spends a couple of seasons living in a multi cultural society like France