Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recruitment

Noooobie

Default Recruitment

Anyone know the score with where we are at regards the salary cap and the ability to bring in some fresh faces given our mounting injury crisis? If Walmsley is going to be out for a while we are going to suffer massively. Not to mention that by the time key players return they are likely to be rusty. Think we need to bring in two players, ideally a forward and a back as I don't think we can rely too heavily on the youngsters just yet. We've got some tricky fixtures coming up and we could find ourselves struggling to pick up the pace once the season really gets going.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Cock_Sparrer View Post
    Anyone know the score with where we are at regards the salary cap and the ability to bring in some fresh faces given our mounting injury crisis? If Walmsley is going to be out for a while we are going to suffer massively. Not to mention that by the time key players return they are likely to be rusty. Think we need to bring in two players, ideally a forward and a back as I don't think we can rely too heavily on the youngsters just yet. We've got some tricky fixtures coming up and we could find ourselves struggling to pick up the pace once the season really gets going.
    FFs 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    FFs ������������
    You might laugh fella but Saints have a history of resting on their laurels thinking we're the best and all we have to do is turn up and we win. Look at how we got schooled by Leeds for god knows how many years or winning the league leaders to end up with feck all when it counted. Hull, Warrington and Wigan all look like stronger outfits than last season. I'm not arsed about the result from last night, it was on the cards but that's all about bodies.

In The South Stand

It's a good point. There were a couple of players being offered around recently for this season as their club looks to offload them from their cap. Sione from New Zealand Warriors was one I remember.

Banned

It was confirmed that we have space on the cap but only if the right player came along

Learning All The Songs

the spate of injures already this season , proves we don't have much of a squad to call on to cover.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    the spate of injures already this season , proves we don't have much of a squad to call on to cover.
    Who else does?
    I think if you took 5 internationals out of any side, theyd struggle.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Who else does?
    I think if you took 5 internationals out of any side, theyd struggle.
    Absolutely fella hence the result last night, which was bound to happen and we did well to keep the score down. That said we offered little through the middle or out wide. Of course we'll improve but injuries are part and parcel of the game and its no good being superstars when all fit and then fall apart when we have players out. I'd just like to see us beef up the squad with a bit of experience.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

I still hear about the Webcke coming to Saints rumour, that may be an option?

Banned

Default Recruitment

Mounting injury crisis?

Do people not know that Roby, Knowles and Tommy had planned surgery in the off season and will be back soon?

Cootes out for a few weeks.

Alex probably 6 weeks and Percy not yet known.

Not exactly a crisis when we knew 3 of them would miss the start of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I would have considered off-season is another half back to replace Richardson. It's quite useful to have one so you can move Lomax to FB or Fages to 9 in the event of injury and still not expose a weak link

However no one tends to stick a half on the bench these days with the interchanges being so limited so they'd be left out most weeks - not many capable players would settle for that

Anyway we'll get through this spell eventually, even if we lose a few games it doesn't really matter due to the competition structure

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

You only need to consider recruitment if we. have season long injuries we are still good enough for a top 5 finish, we probably played Warrington in decent form but they won’t keep that up like Saints did last year.
    I do feel though that we won’t be in decent shape for the Sydney Roosters to give a good account of the Superleague standard.
    Usually we get a fair idea of the front runners around about Easter time and we are plenty of games away from that one.

Banned

Would be happy if we signed another backup winger whos cheap we dont have much cover in thst podition and that cover is to young (simm) but id also no object going all out on big name prop like watts or cooper

That's a good shout. I would go project rather than just cheap.

Wire done well with Matty Ashton.
    Saints approached him but only when Wilkin picked up the phone to Wellens.
    Bizarre - Don't we have scouts ?

No need to kneejerk and panic, but perhaps a note that all the young guns
    are not going to waltz in and have things all their own way.

The only urgent action required is to wake up and realise that Bentley is not a 9.
    Again Wire picking up Danny Walker was good business.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    I still hear about the Webcke coming to Saints rumour, that may be an option?

Is he any good ?

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Regardless of current injuries and last nights defeat I think we need a big impact prop.

We rely a lot on Walmsley and Thommo and when they are subbed the tempo drops.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Regardless of current injuries and last nights defeat I think we need a big impact prop.

We rely a lot on Walmsley and Thommo and when they are subbed the tempo drops.
    I would like one as well,but i cant think of one we can get right now

Banned

Robbie Mulhern has done well tonight. Been quite impressed with Livett too.

Annoyingly Savelio has been pretty good too.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Robbie Mulhern has done well tonight. Been quite impressed with Livett too.

Annoyingly Savelio has been pretty good too.
    Not quite sure why Warrington let Livett go. He’s a real terrier.

Savelio has been unlucky with illness while with us and injury in Australia. However, I think it’s affected his attitude for the better and he is playing well. He’s talented but got ahead of himself in his desire to play in the NRL.

I enjoyed tonight’s game better than last night. Wonder why?

Is that Will Maher any good? Not seen much of him but watching the game tonight he looks a big lad and pretty handy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Is that Will Maher any good? Not seen much of him but watching the game tonight he looks a big lad and pretty handy.
    Hes average at best, cumbrian forward played for cas for about 5 season but only played when injuries were in the team. Went to be 5th choice prop at kr but with what happened to mose he got in first team

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post

Savelio has been unlucky with illness while with us and injury in Australia. However, I think it’s affected his attitude for the better and he is playing well. He’s talented but got ahead of himself in his desire to play in the NRL.

Me either, he's not the biggest but he's tough and has a bit of skill about him. Maybe his face didn't fit but I'd have him no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Me either, he's not the biggest but he's tough and has a bit of skill about him. Maybe his face didn't fit but I'd have him no problem.
    I must admit I thought he had just gone there on loan last year but when I saw him lining up last night I was amazed. Good, tough little player in a few positions too

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I must admit I thought he had just gone there on loan last year but when I saw him lining up last night I was amazed. Good, tough little player in a few positions too
    I’ve just checked and he’s on a season’s loan from Warrington so they haven’t let him go. Despite having a seemingly unlimited special cap, I presume this is to get them under. He impressed last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post

Savelio’s potential was never in question, but i think he had too many people blowing up his backside. He’s had 3 tough and unrewarding stints at clubs already and hopefully he’s realized that potential has to be matched with positive attitude, which seems to be the case now.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.