Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Warrington

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I wish someone would injure Bill Arthur. Preferably his voice box.
    The entire Commentary team for me tonight. Taking it in turns to stroke Wires shaft is vomit inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    The entire Commentary team for me tonight. Taking it in turns to stroke Wires shaft is vomit inducing.
    Muted it at 55 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Shows how much we miss Walmsley. Halfs have had no go forward at all.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Slow from acting half and the pack beimg dominated. It's nothing to do with who is at fulback or anything the halves are doing.
    I’m not talking about one game.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

I thought Luke Thompson was leaving in 2021 not 2020. Matty Lee's steps up but were was the rest of the pack?

Learning All The Songs

Bill Arthur after the fracas was an embarrassment, something along the lines of you cant do that to a Warrington great, its an absolute embarrassment how bad the commentary team is, they continually get players wrong, i think they mixed up LMS and Paulo.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Too many missing for us to have an off night. We had to be absolutely spot on, but we've been garbage.

Wire have defended well but we've been poor.

Still, same number of league points as wire, and no trophies handed out yet

In The South Stand

A lot of players out and when you have half your spine out of the side and then you throw in missing three of your pack, it’s going to be tough but there’s been some hideous performances out there. The amount of silly penalties we’ve given away, amount of ball we’ve dropped and how poorly we’ve completed sets is something that needs addressing and players will be, rightfully, castigated for.

Still, it’s round two and there’s a long way to go.

Give them the trophy now, it’s all over.

No, wait..... we were missing our first choice hooker, full back, winger and prop. The season isn’t quite over yet.

Jenna, WTF?

“Johnny! What happened!”
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Not to decry Wire, they deserved their win btw.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

I know it's only round two but the difference from last year is obvious. Hopefully it's just a blip and last seasons hard work isn't all undone.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Just not our night. Wire came at us like a Freight train.

Some of the kids will have some lessons to learn from tonight.

Woolfe will have a lot to do in the build up to HullFc next week.

Banned

You can include Wilkin in that and I've not even seen the end of the match. Irritating prick.

Starting A Programme Collection

Honestly , did anyone really expect a saints win tonight ? And the. Al taken out prior . Warrington must have thought they were dreaming .

No issues at all . Total team disruption and warrington took advantage of it. Fair play to them

Starting A Programme Collection

Honestly , did anyone really expect a saints win tonight ? And the. Al taken out prior . Warrington must have thought they were dreaming .

No issues at all . Total team disruption and warrington took advantage of it. Fair play to them

Got A Season Ticket

Just not our night. Wire came at us like a Freight train.

Some of the kids will have some lessons to learn from tonight.

Woolfe will have a lot to do in the build up to HullFc next week.
    Agree with this but the amount of penalty's we gave didn't help (LMS) main culprit Warrington over the moon with beating a saints second team let them have their week of glory

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Agree with this but the amount of penalty's we gave didn't help (LMS) main culprit Warrington over the moon with beating a saints second team let them have their week of glory
    Their cup final going for the two at 17*0 up against a depletrd Saints team sums them up

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I don’t think there was anything there to worry about long term, bar possibly our new found love of the dreaded “wrestle.” I really hope Woolf doesn’t try and turn us into a team that goes out to spoil the game every week.

But the performance apart from that didn’t concern me all that much given who was missing.

One thing for sure, until Roby comes back we need a different 9 to Bentley. He simply isn’t a hooker.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Well, I'm not going to jump on the criticism bandwagon. It was a night for Saints when everything that could go wrong did go wrong, starting with injuries last week and then big Al getting injured in the warm up. And at the same time, everything that could go right for Wire did go right. They deserved to win, and their off-loading game worked very well, but although we made plenty of errors, we never stopped trying. It's a long season. Wire have peaked already. We can only improve.

It was like Catalan last season in a monsoon, and Broncos on that horrible artificial pitch. We'll learn and come back.

D'oh! Mr Woolf, never get nilled, let alone to the Wolfs! Bullied off the park tonight, •••• poor under kicks. We lost our way from kick off and it was panic throughout, some of the senior players went absent.

Learn from it, and get back stronger and more savvy for the next game, Wire just took the •••• tonight and got away with it.

In The South Stand

Matty Lees concerns me. He’s a good player at times and can look as though he’s going to be a real good one but I always have doubts over his aggression. Obviously he needs to be able to mix it doing what he does for a living but there’s times where I feel like he oversteps the mark and gets himself and us as a side, into trouble.

With Thompson going at the end of the year, many seem to think Lees will seamlessly step up to the plate and there will be nothing to worry about but I’m not so sure. He looks like he could do at times but at other times loses his head and charges about like a modern day Vila Matautia.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post

Im agree Karl. We had 3 ball players in the spine out: Coote, Roby and Knowles. Welsby will be a good kid but its rare any 18 year old can come in and dictate round the back, far more so when he has does’nt have support of at least one of those missing players. That said ge was well short of the mark. You just cant drop simple high kicks and his link up play and timing were poor.

Losing Walmsley was a killer; two of the starting pack out and one right before kick off. Its a real blow to overcome. Lees and Thompson were full of gusto but the former is still getting fit and the latter cant do it all by himself. Some silly snipes at him on this thread. Thought our fans were better than that. Got to say Ashworth disappointing - just looks unathletic and I thought he ended last year on a ‘get out of jail free card’ because the rest of the pack dominated so much it seemed easier for him. Absolutely no contest between him and Amor for a shirt imo.

Obviously chuck in Makinson as another absentee; it was tough tonight especially on the news Thompson was leaving. I think we look a tad undersized at the moment if we lose some players. We are obviously all about speed but we could really do with losing Paulo and getting a line bender in his place somehow.

It was amusing watching Super Champ Watchford celebrate the goal line defence like they'd stopped the Australian invincibles. It was clear the Saints attack stuttered and mistimed all night, distribution from the PTB, line running and options all way off and influenced heavily by the points above. Its early to be missing 6 players (and another one mid game) - we will be fine once they are back but the Roosters game is now a bit of a concern... Cant wait for the return game, always hated Ratchford - the shittest most overrated international Ive seen for a while who gets bummed up for having an instep but •••• all else. Also looks like a mong.

That said there are things the team can control: high kicks, discipline, ball control. Yes pressure generates mistakes but there were some pretty remedial mistakes tonight amateurs would by disappointed by. Just a bad night.
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 7th February 2020 at 00:04.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Their cup final going for the two at 17*0 up against a depletrd Saints team sums them up
    Yes, regardless of players missing, those available should have done better, but Wire played well and were clearly 'up for it'. If they are ever going to beat Saints at their place it's when Coote, Makinson, Roby, Walmsley and Knowles are all out, and Percival is crocked early on. These six players are not fringe players, they are all KEY players for us. Add in Amor also being out and Warrington must have thought heyyup we might win this evening.
    Must say I am alarmed at Welsby's insecurity under the high ball. We saw it last season several times. Yes he's only 18 but if Coote isn't fit for Sydney, we really can't have Welsby at full-back against them, but not sure who else we can put there? Disappointed in Naiqama's performance. Failed to gather 2 -3 high kicks and wasted two decent positions near their line, taking the wrong option on both occasions. He should at least have retained possession both times. Fages was a bit below par for me, but I thought Lomax performed OK behind a dominated pack. Thompson did well, Ashworth didn't. LMS gave it everything. Taia a bit disappointing. Saints Man of the Match - Dom Peyroux, and I never thought I'd be saying that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I don't think we were ever going to win with the 17 that took the field, just too many injuries.
    I mentioned last week our inability to catch kicks and was told it was because of the wind, tonight was just as bad can't kicks can't keep hold of passes. i also mentioned last week how much we are lying on, we gave away a few penalties again tonight around the PTB. Woolfe needs to get a grip of them unless they are playing to what he says, IE slowing down the PTB.
    LMS got done at least 3 times for penalties, but he wasn't alone. Having said that I thought Zeb put in a shift tonight.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    D'oh! Mr Woolf, never get nilled, let alone to the Wolfs! Bullied off the park tonight, •••• poor under kicks. We lost our way from kick off and it was panic throughout, some of the senior players went absent.

Learn from it, and get back stronger and more savvy for the next game, Wire just took the •••• tonight and got away with it.
    I’m a bit tired and emotional but I am annoyed that we didn’t take the two early on. It’s frustrating to be nilled for the first time since 2016, especially by Warrington. Going for goal would have been the sensible option. Without Roby, Makinson, Coote, and Knowles and then losing Walmsley, everyone concerned should have realised that, at the very least, it would be a tight game. I admit that nobody could have foreseen that we would also lose Percival.

I hope it was just a one off because the team, seniors and juniors, looked distinctly de-skilled with so many dropped balls etc. As YG has said, I hope our new emphasis on defence (not too good tonight) is not an emphasis on wrestle and slowing down the play the ball with the consequential loss of territory through giving away penalties. Early days and, although Warrington could only play what was in front of them and deserved the win, some very bad luck in terms of injuries.