Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Gabe Hamblin - 2 Year Ban

Banned

Default Gabe Hamblin - 2 Year Ban

So Gabe Hamblin get's a two-year ban for testing positive for cocaine. His defence was hilarious:

[from the BBC]
    "Mr Hamlin asserts that on the evening of 7 February 2019 (the night before sample collection) he was at his home with a woman he had met through an online dating application," explained Ukad in its report."Mr Hamlin indicates that he and the woman kissed during the course of the evening from around 10:30pm. Mr Hamlin maintains he did not consume cocaine or see the woman consuming it; he suggests that she appeared 'very chatty and visited the bathroom several times' and that he discovered white powder in his bathroom the following morning (though he did not presume this to be cocaine at that time).

Professor Kim Wolff, having considered Mr Hamlin's account, was of the opinion that it 'does not stand up to scrutiny'.

A couple of points:

1. He shouldn't have bothered with spinning such a yarn, and instead just said he had **issues**. That gets you a reduced 14-month ban.
    2. No doubt there'll be a job waiting for him back at the piedome once his ban is up. That's how it works there, as far as I can see. And he'll fit right in with the culture.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    So Gabe Hamblin get's a two-year ban for testing positive for cocaine. His defence was hilarious:

[from the BBC]
    "Mr Hamlin asserts that on the evening of 7 February 2019 (the night before sample collection) he was at his home with a woman he had met through an online dating application," explained Ukad in its report."Mr Hamlin indicates that he and the woman kissed during the course of the evening from around 10:30pm. Mr Hamlin maintains he did not consume cocaine or see the woman consuming it; he suggests that she appeared 'very chatty and visited the bathroom several times' and that he discovered white powder in his bathroom the following morning (though he did not presume this to be cocaine at that time).

Professor Kim Wolff, having considered Mr Hamlin's account, was of the opinion that it 'does not stand up to scrutiny'.

A couple of points:

1. He shouldn't have bothered with spinning such a yarn, and instead just said he had **issues**. That gets you a reduced 14-month ban.
    2. No doubt there'll be a job waiting for him back at the piedome once his ban is up. That's how it works there, as far as I can see. And he'll fit right in with the culture.

With that defence, I'm surprised he didn't go all the way and use Hardaker as a character reference.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

He obviously thought she was quite sweaty and was using talcum powder!!

[from the BBC]

A couple of points:

I want to know what he was on when he came out with that for an excuse

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Statement from Wigan’s website;

“Wigan Warriors have been constrained legally from commenting until the conclusion of the investigation by WADA but can now confirm that the Club dismissed Gabe Hamlin on the 19th of July 2019 without notice on his admission of an anti-doping rule violation. We wish Gabe well and have offered him rehabilitation assistance once his ban has been served.”

They have offered him rehab once his ban has been served? Surely if they actually cared about his mental health they would offer it straight away not after two years. What I really think it means is they’ll offer him a new contract one his ban is up!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Statement from Wigan’s website;

“Wigan Warriors have been constrained legally from commenting until the conclusion of the investigation by WADA but can now confirm that the Club dismissed Gabe Hamlin on the 19th of July 2019 without notice on his admission of an anti-doping rule violation. We wish Gabe well and have offered him rehabilitation assistance once his ban has been served.”

They have offered him rehab once his ban has been served? Surely if they actually cared about his mental health they would offer it straight away not after two years. What I really think it means is they’ll offer him a new contract one his ban is up!
    They're not even trying that hard to cover it up. That's some load of crap he came out with, I hope he didn't actually pay for his brief.

Banned

The crusts are well versed at releasing statements like that one. Lots of practice over the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

That’s the worst excuse I’ve ever heard. He should get a double length ban for that.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

That excuse was used successfully by French Tennis player Richard gasquet a few years ago believe it or not.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

WARNING! PIE EATER!

His goto karaoke song is I kissed a girl.

Banned

[from the BBC]

A couple of points:

Was her name Charlie?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

The moral of the story appears to be you never know what you will catch on a night out in Wigan.
    Learned comment from The Don