Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Sinfield leaves RFL job

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Default Sinfield leaves RFL job

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2020/02/...from-rfl-role/

Hot on the heels of the departure of Bennett, more good news as Sinfield throws his dummy out of the pram.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Good riddance

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    Good riddance
    Agree. Couldn't imagine Wane working with Sinfield above him to be honest.

Not fit for the role. Oh well

Learning All The Songs

Because of the rubbish squad selection in NZ from Kev and Bennett they had to send for Ash Handley at great expense and not even use him or name him on bench?? Great work KEV (not)

More money wasted by RFL.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Sounds like he nailed his colours to Bennett. Will the performance role continue to exist, and if so who do we think is suitable for the job. I hope Wane does not want someone from the
    Wigan camp in that role. I don't mind Wane as coach if he is balanced by assistants with different views, but I don't want England to become a second Wigan.

Learning All The Songs

Sinfield will be out of a job at Leeds the way they played yesterday? Recruitment and retention is shocking?

Learning All The Songs

Leeds’ answer to our very own Kerion Cunningham. Fantastic player but.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2020/02/...from-rfl-role/

Hot on the heels of the departure of Bennett, more good news as Sinfield throws his dummy out of the pram.
    And his qualifications for the role in the first place were....?
    Never mind, I'm sure he'll continue the stellar work he is doing at Leeds. I once recall some posters expressing concern Saints had become an 'old boys' club during our struggles. Seems Leeds have gone down that route.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    And his qualifications for the role in the first place were....?
    Never mind, I'm sure he'll continue the stellar work he is doing at Leeds. I once recall some posters expressing concern Saints had become an 'old boys' club during our struggles. Seems Leeds have gone down that route.
    It's easy to see why organisations go down this 'old boys club' route... Having people (legends of the club) around to keep the culture alive is one thing - but giving people roles and preference, just because of their status and contribution to success in the past in different roles - doesn't guarantee the same kind of success. Some 'old boys' do very well in other roles and others definitely don't - evidence of both these outcomes and everything in between.

In recruiting to any role - organisations should be open to choosing the best people for the role and not allow sentiment to be a factor. It seems Saints have got a better balance now of doing this, Leeds may well fall victim of the same trap we fell into when transitioning after a period of legends of players finishing their careers. I hope the RL and Wane don't become a victim of this - having some other voices and perspectives in the national team set up is important going forward. The likes of Watson and Wello being around gives a good balance - and I'm not saying they are the ones Wane should take on too - but at least not bring in the 'old boys' mentality here. We really need to move forward and not back.

As for Sinfield... good player and servant for Leeds that he was. Like others before him - that doesn't mean he will be successful in other roles in RL beyond being a player. Time will tell - but early signs not promising. I think personally he's better suited as an ambassador than being involved in performance

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Leeds’ answer to our very own Kerion Cunningham. Fantastic player but.
    Agreed.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    He has some form of sports business degree doesn’t he?
    Quite possibly... but i'm not sure that's a good indicator for success, and many other candidates would have the same. I suspect his appointment was because of his playing exploits and standing in the game, more than his experience and potential in the job.

Not that I'm against him or appointing past players to senior roles beyond their career - just that early signs are that Sinfield hasn't been an overnight success - and perhaps someone else would have been better suited to the role at the moment. Both for England/GB and Leeds? He could well turn good with some more experience under his belt.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Yeah I guess time will tell mate.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Apparently to concentrate on getting Leeds in to the Championship.
    Learned comment from The Don

Good riddance.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk