Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Reserves-Ruskin Drive

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Default Reserves-Ruskin Drive

Had a great afternoon yesterday watching the reserves at Ruskin beat a strong Salford reserves. Some good performances. My first look at Lewis Dodd and if this lad keeps his feet on the ground the Sky is not his limit.

Highly recommend watching these lads a very impressive standard.Keep a look out and get down and have a look.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

That's great news. I read Woolf wants them playing in the same way as the first team to make any transition easier and there were a few names in the Salford team I recognised. I didn't get down as I was a bit busy but looking forward to seeing them in the future.

Banned

Is it free entry if you have a season ticket and isit all standing. Never been before

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Is it free entry if you have a season ticket and isit all standing. Never been before
    It was free yesterday and I'm not sure what pitch they play on but one of them has a small stand, the other doesn't as far as I know.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It was free yesterday and I'm not sure what pitch they play on but one of them has a small stand, the other doesn't as far as I know.
    They play on Pilks Recs pitch which doesn't have a Stand that is the adjacent soccer pitch used by St Helens Town etc but it does have a raised grass bank on one side. Saints have spent a lot of the Winter training there. I also went, just about warmed up again now, it was a tight game the younger Saints players did pretty well as Salford had a few experienced players The playing surface looks and feels excellent but I believe there is nationwide concern about the constituency of similar pitches (rubber and carbon element) I would be interested to see the opinions of younger redvee members who actually play on it as opposed to old codgers like me who hardly ever saw a green pitch in Winter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    They play on Pilks Recs pitch which doesn't have a Stand that is the adjacent soccer pitch used by St Helens Town etc but it does have a raised grass bank on one side. Saints have spent a lot of the Winter training there. I also went, just about warmed up again now, it was a tight game the younger Saints players did pretty well as Salford had a few experienced players The playing surface looks and feels excellent but I believe there is nationwide concern about the constituency of similar pitches (rubber and carbon element) I would be interested to see the opinions of younger redvee members who actually play on it as opposed to old codgers like me who hardly ever saw a green pitch in Winter
    I've only ever played football on one of those pitches, I wouldn't fancy playing rugby of either code on one.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I've only ever played football on one of those pitches, I wouldn't fancy playing rugby of either code on one.
    Its classed as a "class5" pitch which is a massive upgrade on the one Widnes have , Pilks play there ,our kid who has always been involved with the Pilks club and speaks very highly of the pitch and says its great to play on . By the way it cost an absolute fortune .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Its classed as a "class5" pitch which is a massive upgrade on the one Widnes have , Pilks play there ,our kid who has always been involved with the Pilks club and speaks very highly of the pitch and says its great to play on . By the way it cost an absolute fortune .
    Karl Fitzpatrick was speaking of replacing the pitch at Warrington and said the cost would be in the region of £1 million pounds.
    Was the reserve game not streamed live on Saints t.v.?

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

It was great it's a really nice set up down there. Took the kids and the rugby ball. Watched a bit of the game then when they got bored went for kick about on the field at the top where I could still keep one eye on the game. You can get a pint from the sticky wicket and like someone else said there's a grass bank where u can get a decent vantage point. Good way to spend a couple of hours on a Sat afternoon. Dodd looked very good. Scored a great try in the first half where he ran at the line and danced his way over. Will be interesting to see if he gets a shot when we get an injury in the halves with no Richardson as back up this year. I'd guess Welsby might play there though.