Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris hill

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

[QUOTE=barry;784864]Ian Smith was on twitter saying the charge down call was correct. I personally disagree and have no idea how sticking an arm horizontally away from your body and making a play at a low kick can constitute a charge down.

Charge down according to the rules - blocking the path of the ball with hands, arm or body as it rises from an opponents kick. I didn't agree either TBH.

Re Chris Hill, he is garbage and I really hope he plays against us on Thursday. The man's a liability.
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Starting A Programme Collection

[QUOTE=St Willy;784867]
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Ian Smith was on twitter saying the charge down call was correct. I personally disagree and have no idea how sticking an arm horizontally away from your body and making a play at a low kick can constitute a charge down.

Charge down according to the rules - blocking the path of the ball with hands, arm or body as it rises from an opponents kick. I didn't agree either TBH.

Re Chris Hill, he is garbage and I really hope he plays against us on Thursday. The man's a liability.
    My first thought was that it was a terrible decision, but I suppose that technically it must have been right if the law states that you can block a ball from a rising kick as presumably by definition most kicks from the boot rise upwards unless it's a deliberate grubber, still didn't look right though As a neutral I certainly think the best team lost, but probably better Warrington losing two points than Wigan

In The South Stand

I didn't think it was a charge down,he was to far away from the kicker in my opinion. If he had of given a knock on there no one would of argued the call.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

[QUOTE=St Willy;784867]
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    A few years ago it was fashionable to have a prop with an engine to do 80 minutes of solid if unspectacular graft both in attack and defence. Then use the 13 as an extra prop. Ever since the game shifted back to favouring a ball playing 13 props were needed to make more metres and run the ball in quicker. Now it’s all about dynamic props with speed/power and Hill has been left behind.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

[QUOTE=The Wee Waa Womble;784907]
    Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post

A few years ago it was fashionable to have a prop with an engine to do 80 minutes of solid if unspectacular graft both in attack and defence. Then use the 13 as an extra prop. Ever since the game shifted back to favouring a ball playing 13 props were needed to make more metres and run the ball in quicker. Now it’s all about dynamic props with speed/power and Hill has been left behind.
    Three match penalty notice Grade C charge

Got A Season Ticket

I'm in the very small minority of people who rate Chris Hill. He certainly hasn't got the speed, power & dynamism that the likes of Walmsley/ Thompson/ Lees possess, but I still see him as a very effective 'old school' prop. Always seems to perform well against us, I remember his late offloads causing us a lot of issues in the 2018 semi-final. As a Saints fan I despise him, so he must be doing something right

Banned

The big problem Wire face is without Hill, who's going to ref the game?

Robert Hicks?

Quote Originally Posted by St Nel View Post
    I'm in the very small minority of people who rate Chris Hill. He certainly hasn't got the speed, power & dynamism that the likes of Walmsley/ Thompson/ Lees possess, but I still see him as a very effective 'old school' prop. Always seems to perform well against us, I remember his late offloads causing us a lot of issues in the 2018 semi-final. As a Saints fan I despise him, so he must be doing something right
    He’s a cracking player, Hill, however irritating he is. They’re much weaker without him.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    He’s a cracking player, Hill, however irritating he is. They’re much weaker without him.
    Ditto..... Hated by the opposition fans is always a sign of a good player. I don't think he has let England down either and the guy has quite a few caps now.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Couldn't happen to two nicer blokes-a ban for Hill and a smack in the chops for Powell in my opinion.
    Learned comment from The Don