Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris hill

Learning All The Songs

Default Chris hill

Shocking tackle. Good decision

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Not that bad. Should have been a yellow. Powell didn't see him coming so wasn't expecting the impact & Powell caught the ball in an awkward position so had to re-adjust.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    Shocking tackle. Good decision

About time to.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Not that bad. Should have been a yellow. Powell didn't see him coming so wasn't expecting the impact & Powell caught the ball in an awkward position so had to re-adjust.
    If thats not a red then what do you need to do to get one, rip someones head off?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    If thats not a red then what do you need to do to get one, rip someones head off?
    As one commentator said, Hill is trying to wrap the ball up in the tackle. Powell was blind sided so wasn't prepared for the impact & was in the motion of going down to score the try.

Learning All The Songs

At the end of the day a player has to take presponsibility for his own actions. You hit somebody that hard in the head area it is incredibly dangerous. Such tackles can not be justified

Learning All The Songs

As one commentator said, Hill is trying to wrap the ball up in the tackle. Powell was blind sided so wasn't prepared for the impact & was in the motion of going down to score the try.
    Its still on Hill to make the tackle safely, he failed to do that, it isn’t intentional but completely reckless and deservedly a red.

Learning All The Songs

Wrap the ball up? He was nowhere near the ball. Clear red, right decision

Banned

Irrespective I thought Warrington were the better team. Wigan appear over-hyped to high heaven, quite why so many journalists are tipping them for GF winners is beyond me. Not a great deal to fear, and I really hope they tape up SOL and wheel him out against us this year. He looks like Wilkin in his last year.
    Warrington on the other hand looked very fit with more variety in their game. If Widdop fires they may go very well this year.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Irrespective I thought Warrington were the better team. Wigan appear over-hyped to high heaven, quite why so many journalists are tipping them for GF winners is beyond me. Not a great deal to fear, and I really hope they tape up SOL and wheel him out against us this year. He looks like Wilkin in his last year.
    Warrington on the other hand looked very fit with more variety in their game. If Widdop fires they may go very well this year.
    Thought Wire played well and were on the back foot from some 50/50 decisions that didn't go there way (not the red/yellow cards that were correct imo). Made some really dumb plays and discipline was really poor.

Wigan looked lethargic, struggled against 12 men and I thought were poor generally. Wire have 12 men and they probably win that comfortably. French looks much improved from last season.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Thought Warrington had some poor calls against them in that match (not the red card). Wigan’s backline looked dangerous but their pack is still powderpuff. Some absolute puddings in there including Mr George Marquee Burgess.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Definite red, though I’m not sure why it took so long for Kendall to come to that decision.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Definite red, though I’m not sure why it took so long for Kendall to come to that decision.
    Do they not have to deal with the injured player before he is able to deal with any disciplinary action?

Got A Season Ticket

Warrington looked exactly the same as last year, good at building momentum and winning the arm wrestle but then strangely lacking ideas on the try line. Wigan were uninspiring, even against 11 men, early days though.

In The South Stand

Really not sure you can take anything away from that for Wigan or Warrington, other than Wigan remaining a bit more disciplined at key moments. Both will undoubtedly improve as the weeks go by.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Really not sure you can take anything away from that for Wigan or Warrington, other than Wigan remaining a bit more disciplined at key moments. Both will undoubtedly improve as the weeks go by.
    Warrington needn't worry, it's got to be their year. With their new shirt sponsors Wire are bound to clean up!!!!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    And the best forward on the pitch for Wigun was SOL sad innit

The commentator didn't say that - what he said was that that was probably what Hill would try and argue.
    I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin ...

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Nothing more than a wannabe bully.

Walks round like hes holding two beach balls.

Constantly whinging.

Couldnt tackle a big dinner.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMo View Post
    The commentator didn't say that - what he said was that that was probably what Hill would try and argue.
    He then continued to pull his head of his shoulders pulling his head back in an unnatural position ! What will his excuse for that be ? Both hands wrapped round his head then continued to yank his head back! Shit house .

Hope he plays next week however. We have a better chance with him on the field. And Matty Lees can have a chat with him

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    He then continued to pull his head of his shoulders pulling his head back in an unnatural position ! What will his excuse for that be ? Both hands wrapped round his head then continued to yank his head back! Shit house .

Hope he plays next week however. We have a better chance with him on the field. And Matty Lees can have a chat with him
    Thats the way I saw it, he seemed to use a certain amount of leverage on the neck, with the Mose Masoe neck injury I should imagine the RFL will look at things a bit differently now to protect the victim and will discipline Dummy Hill accordingly.

Got A Season Ticket

Kendall could have been first ref to show himself a card for a clear stamp on a players foot

In The South Stand

Kendall made some poor decisions from Warrington’s point of view but the cards were correct.

I think that Widdop’s absence through injury ultimately cost Warrington though. Blake Austin’s kicks on the last cost them try scoring opportunities and at least in one case, nearly led to Wigan scoring.

George Burgess seemed very unfit. Hastings, however, was worryingly good once he got into his stride. Doubtless Warrington will claim a moral victory and to be honest, were probably the better team.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Kendall made some poor decisions from Warrington’s point of view but the cards were correct.

I think that Widdop’s absence through injury ultimately cost Warrington though. Blake Austin’s kicks on the last cost them try scoring opportunities and at least in one case, nearly led to Wigan scoring.

George Burgess seemed very unfit. Hastings, however, was worryingly good once he got into his stride. Doubtless Warrington will claim a moral victory and to be honest, were probably the better team.
    Two big calls in the second half were his failure to spot the knock on which he called a charge down (surely we should be able to change stuff like that with one word through his ear piece?) and then his decision to bring back play for a high tackle when Austin had broken through and they had a broken field to run into from the play the ball with half the Wigan team out of position. They were down to 11 at the time and bringing it back allowed Wigan to get organised and gave Wire no chance to break them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Two big calls in the second half were his failure to spot the knock on which he called a charge down (surely we should be able to change stuff like that with one word through his ear piece?) and then his decision to bring back play for a high tackle when Austin had broken through and they had a broken field to run into from the play the ball with half the Wigan team out of position. They were down to 11 at the time and bringing it back allowed Wigan to get organised and gave Wire no chance to break them down.
    Ian Smith was on twitter saying the charge down call was correct. I personally disagree and have no idea how sticking an arm horizontally away from your body and making a play at a low kick can constitute a charge down.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk