Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel Folau

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    In a free society we shouldn't have to agree to everything, but some minorities want more than their fair share of rights and opinions. Why should normal people be bombarded with gay propaganda, especially kids in schools, are haven't seen the filth they peddle to kids now, it's no wonder they're protesting in Birmingham.
    Did you know 90% of paedophiles are gay, 87% of serial killers, one in eleven homosexuals has HIV, 25% of homosexuals are alcoholics, the suicide rate of homosexuals is 6 times the national average, 40% of homosexuals are mentally ill, anal cancer is 17 times the rate of anal cancer among straight men, the rate of domestic violence among gay couples is 46%.
    We can just agree to disagree. I've no problem with that at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I wonder if anyone will try and sign Barba after the way this has unfolded, I bet someone has been on to him or his agent if he still has one.

I wouldn't btw after the way he treated us.
    https://www.totalrl.com/ben-barba-al...wner-beaumont/

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I thought you were comparing them in the fact that Barba shouldn't be out of the game. If it's consistency you want, remember this is Rugby league administrators at work
    Which again is the problem. The lack of clarity & consistency rears its ugly head.

I've no time for Folau and his views but if he hits the heights he's capable of, Catalans will have some player because he is brilliant

Banned

In a free society we shouldn't have to agree to everything, but some minorities want more than their fair share of rights and opinions. Why should normal people be bombarded with gay propaganda, especially kids in schools, are haven't seen the filth they peddle to kids now, it's no wonder they're protesting in Birmingham.
    Did you know 90% of paedophiles are gay, 87% of serial killers, one in eleven homosexuals has HIV, 25% of homosexuals are alcoholics, the suicide rate of homosexuals is 6 times the national average, 40% of homosexuals are mentally ill, anal cancer is 17 times the rate of anal cancer among straight men, the rate of domestic violence among gay couples is 46%.

96% of people who are vociferously anti-gay are actually homosexual themselves, and just trying too hard to disguise it.

Learning All The Songs

The day before the season starts and instead of publicity about it being a new season and publicising the games in round one, a derby to start and a repeat of last years grand final, but all the talk in the media is Folau, his comments and the reaction to them, there are interviews from Keegan Hirst and Gareth Thomas. Its not portraying the sport in a good light when we should be building the brand as well as we can, this has become a case of shooting ourselves in the foot and is now a damage limitation exercise.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

That's a lot of stats, any references for them?
    That's also a lot of research to go into, unless studying that type of thing is a hobby of yours! But hey, each to their own.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

As per Wigan's salary cap breach being announced at the start of last season, this almost feels timed along with the SBW gambling stance to dfrive RL into mainstream media and conversation.

"Look at this controversial subject matter, oh by the way it's rugby league and just to mention Superleague starts back this week!" I'd like to think is the underhand way of raising the games profile, however do we think anyone has the forethought to do this at RL's top end?

Got A Season Ticket

There are so many things wrong with this diatribe that I don’t quite know where to start. However, can I start by pointing out that there is nothing sub ‘normal’ about being gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, non-binary or whatever other group you consider to be outside your definition of ‘normal’. The LGBT community have been persecuted for centuries for simply being different to what society considered normal. They have been killed, attacked, vilified simply for existing. Is it hardly surprising then that they suffer more mental health problems, addiction problems and higher suicide rates?

I’d really like to know the source of all your facts and figures please. I know that in my children’s school, they teach inclusion and tolerance - perhaps you should pop along to their classroom some time, I’m sure they’d enjoy discussing your views with you.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    The day before the season starts and instead of publicity about it being a new season and publicising the games in round one, a derby to start and a repeat of last years grand final, but all the talk in the media is Folau, his comments and the reaction to them, there are interviews from Keegan Hirst and Gareth Thomas. Its not portraying the sport in a good light when we should be building the brand as well as we can, this has become a case of shooting ourselves in the foot and is now a damage limitation exercise.
    I actually think Keegan Hurst’s interviews have done nothing but good for the sport. His reactions have been measured, calm and respectful. I suspect he feels let down by the very sport he earns his living playing.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dagzie View Post
    I actually think Keegan Hurst’s interviews have done nothing but good for the sport. His reactions have been measured, calm and respectful. I suspect he feels let down by the very sport he earns his living playing.
    I have no doubt they have, and agree he probably does feel let down by the sport, my point was the focus on the signing of Folau has detracted from what should be a focus on the new season. I also think Keegan Hirst would rather focus on his rugby rather than having to deal with this and constantly be asked what he thinks of it.

Noooobie

There are so many things wrong with this diatribe that I don’t quite know where to start. However, can I start by pointing out that there is nothing sub ‘normal’ about being gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, non-binary or whatever other group you consider to be outside your definition of ‘normal’. The LGBT community have been persecuted for centuries for simply being different to what society considered normal. They have been killed, attacked, vilified simply for existing. Is it hardly surprising then that they suffer more mental health problems, addiction problems and higher suicide rates?

I’d really like to know the source of all your facts and figures please. I know that in my children’s school, they teach inclusion and tolerance - perhaps you should pop along to their classroom some time, I’m sure they’d enjoy discussing your views with you.
    Excellent post, thank you for the good sense, intelligence and humanity that makes this such an outstanding forum. Can I suggest that andym 1) familarises himself with the philosophy of this great club as expounded by the chairman today; and 2) be suspended from posting until he provides his sources for all these remarkable figures?

Got A Season Ticket

When I read this post I immediately spotted the obvious error: you forgot to write FACT after the list of stats. That way, everyone understands their value.

If we are truly an inclusive sport surely we have to accept that there are the likes of andym and Folau in this world. No one is being forced to agree with their views and as far as I can see they are not actually suggesting anybody should physically attack anyone else.

94% of statistics are made up
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    94% of statistics are made up
    Statistics are sometimes right, for example statistics say that if you're parents don't have any children, you probably won't! I know that's rubbish but it's better than this embarrassing rugby league show on Sky at the moment

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    If we are truly an inclusive sport surely we have to accept that there are the likes of andym and Folau in this world. No one is being forced to agree with their views and as far as I can see they are not actually suggesting anybody should physically attack anyone else.
    Yes, there are people in this world with similar views. However, whilst they continue to hold such abhorrent (to me) views, they must also accept that I (and hopefully a lot of others) will challenge those views at every opportunity. If I weren’t to challenge them, what example does that set to people who look up to me? It’s not enough to simply say ‘people have these views’, ignore them and carry on, they must be challenged and asked to substantiate their ‘facts’. I have yet to see the source of the facts/statistics stated so forcefully by andym.

Banned

Yes, there are people in this world with similar views. However, whilst they continue to hold such abhorrent (to me) views, they must also accept that I (and hopefully a lot of others) will challenge those views at every opportunity. If I weren’t to challenge them, what example does that set to people who look up to me? It’s not enough to simply say ‘people have these views’, ignore them and carry on, they must be challenged and asked to substantiate their ‘facts’. I have yet to see the source of the facts/statistics stated so forcefully by andym.
    Give it a rest eh? No one on here is gay bashing or whatever PC name you want to give it apart from that dickhead but we don't need the moral police either.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Give it a rest eh? No one on here is gay bashing or whatever PC name you want to give it apart from that dickhead but we don't need the moral police either.
    Sorry, I thought this was a discussion forum; the subject matter being entirely relevant given the last few days’ events. If you don’t want to discuss it, fine, but I must have missed the section on the site where you were appointed forum police.

Banned

Sorry, I thought this was a discussion forum; the subject matter being entirely relevant given the last few days’ events. If you don’t want to discuss it, fine, but I must have missed the section on the site where you were appointed forum police.
    I'm discussing the fact I think you're boring the rest of the forum. It's clowns like you that do harm to minority rights with your constant ramming it down everyone's throat (no pun intended) like your opinion has to be heard over everyone else's.

Banned

I believe in equality all of us are equal. However the majority are having rubbish rammed down their throats. One example this week men should refrain from talking about sport in the workplace to not offend blah blah. What a load of tosh. The woman who said this is part of the problem.

Banned

Ignore Dave, he's just living up to his user name.

Your points are as valid as anyone's.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Ignore Dave, he's just living up to his user name.

Your points are as valid as anyone's.
    Thanks. I have to say as a female rugby league (and sport in general) fanatic, I sometimes find it quite difficult to join in with some of the discussions as, having never actually played the game, unlike a lot of members here, if even just at schoolboy level, I don’t really think I can add much to a lot of discussions but this subject matter is, I feel, very pertinent and should be discussed.

I’ll try and join in a bit more on team selection and ticket sales from now on, see how I get on!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    How so?
    My apologies for a belated reply I've been on extended shifts. If you would care to read your own comments carefully it is apparent that you are being hypocritical, eg let people get on with their own lives.
    Last edited by notawiginfan; 30th January 2020 at 01:36. Reason: Spelling8

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

It is true freedom of speech is important, but there are other freedoms to consider.

Such as the freedom of sponsors to terminate contracts if it feels they devalue the brand. Whilst no law has been broken I am not sure catalan have considered this or the wider rfl.

I can see the registration being pulled pretty sharpish under some made up rule if sponsors start walking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    My apologies for a belated reply I've been on extended shifts. If you would care to read your own comments carefully it is apparent that you are being hypocritical, eg let people get on with their own lives.
    I'm not seeking to stop anyone living their own lives. But if people like Folau can exercise their free speech to express bigotted views, then I can use my own free speech to criticise and deride them how I see fit.

That really isn't hypocrisy.