Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sky to launch new weekly RL show

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    The Sin Bin with Rod Studd and Paul Cullen was quite informative.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article...-bin--episode-
    Rod Studd AND Paul Cullen on the one programme?! Wow! sounds like absolute TV nirvana for Saints fans

Don’t like Cullen and Studd can be a dick at times, but I quite liked what they did. It ain’t going to make us agree especially when a Saint player will be up for scrutiny. But at least we get an insight in their thoughts. I actually learnt that they do factor in that if a player gets injured due to a tackle in regard to charging and punishment which I didn’t think they did.
    Also maybe the panel now knows the fans are being able to see what they get up to however mild that might be.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Don’t like Cullen and Studd can be a dick at times, but I quite liked what they did. It ain’t going to make us agree especially when a Saint player will be up for scrutiny. But at least we get an insight in their thoughts. I actually learnt that they do factor in that if a player gets injured due to a tackle in regard to charging and punishment which I didn’t think they did.
    Also maybe the panel now knows the fans are being able to see what they get up to however mild that might be.
    Too generous.
    He is an abolute cock all of the time, mate.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

The process seems quite clear. You just wonder why they seem to get so many inconsistencies. This highlights the difference between televised and non televised games

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Which is pretty stupid to be fair. It's completely random if someone gets injured or not. Jon Wilkin nearly blinded Matty Smith with a bad tackle when they were on the same team! Should he have been given a long ban for that? I don't believe RL players go out to hurt each other but sometimes it's an accidental outcome of a very physical sport

Some innocuous tackles have contributed to some of the worst injuries I've ever seen on a sports field. David Busst from football was a prime example, that nothing tackle ended his career, there was blood all over the pitch, United players were vomiting at the sight of his leg. No one was banned as a result as it was just a random occurrence

And on the other hand malicious, violent tackles often result in no injury at all

Noooobie

Interesting that the perpetrator of possibly the worst tackle I've ever seen ( the pile driver on John Gallagher) is on the panel!