Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: One week to go!

Starting A Programme Collection

Default One week to go!

As defending champions and world club challenge contenders . I am gobsmacked that there has been zero promotion of the start of the forthcoming season . Surely our status as champions is perfect stimulus to shout from the roof tops and draw people attention .

The RLf are trying to spread the global footprint of RL yet we cant tell our own towns folk our club starts to defend our crown in one weeks time. Most people i speak to are not aware the season starts next week.

Surely the club would benefit for doing more to promote locally ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    As defending champions and world club challenge contenders . I am gobsmacked that there has been zero promotion of the start of the forthcoming season . Surely our status as champions is perfect stimulus to shout from the roof tops and draw people attention .

The RLf are trying to spread the global footprint of RL yet we cant tell our own towns folk our club starts to defend our crown in one weeks time. Most people i speak to are not aware the season starts next week.

Surely the club would benefit for doing more to promote locally ?
    Not sure what you expect as I’ve seen a lot regarding the new season on social media and can’t imagine there are any potential fans in the St Helens area that are unaware of next week’s opener.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Not sure what you expect as I’ve seen a lot regarding the new season on social media and can’t imagine there are any potential fans in the St Helens area that are unaware of next week’s opener.
    I'm an out of towner but i didn't know the season started next week. i knew it was around the end of Jan/start of Feb based on previous years.

The only promotion I can remember seeing since October is nonsensical highlights videos on Twitter and Warrington's 'Clash of champions' promotions for our game at their place.

Rugby league in general needs to do far, far more than they do. Force it out there. The way the news and media companies work these days, you will get coverage if you produce your own content. They are crying out for easy to turn around content they can just stick on a website. Give them it by the bucketload. Get into the schools and shopping centres. Trafford Centre and Liverpool One should have demonstration events on where kids can throw a ball about, kick a conversion at Old Trafford/Wembley etc on a green screen, tackle a Pauli Pauli sized tackle bag etc. So much stuff you can do for very little money that would help generate interest.

Super League in general is slowly winding down towards semi-pro status again. It won't be long before Sky pull the plug and the sport won't find another deal anywhere near the same level. It's time the sport started to market itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Admittedly, i don't use social media. If we are to bring in new support from the pool of 160.000 people living in this town our marketing should be far reaching and drilled down our throats of we to attract more people. Of course if the club is content for not to raise income from new fans then what we are doing is fine

Keep doing the same thing and keep getting the same results!

I speak to a lot of people everyday due to work and only those active fans are aware that the season is starting. Im hearing very few people talking about it . Maybe everyone types as apposed to talks these days 😂

Super League has been having its 2020 launch this morning, so I'd expect to see more material coming out from here on.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Some comments here from Paul Sculthorpe on the new season-

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...0-super-league

Has anyone seen his son play? Interesting to see how his career develops.

Regards,

STEVO

Learning All The Songs

The season starts far too early it’s ridiculous. It won’t happen but id like the season to start at the end of February or beginning of March. Scrap the loopy things and scrap the MW and the golden point for league games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Some comments here from Paul Sculthorpe on the new season-

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...0-super-league

Has anyone seen his son play? Interesting to see how his career develops.

Regards,

STEVO
    Why not PM that other pompous bore RG and keep it off here.

In The South Stand

Do we do much marketing and promotion in town? I’m down south and haven’t been up since the Grand Final. I’d be a bit annoyed if we weren’t trying to push the club after a season like last year.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Do we do much marketing and promotion in town? I’m down south and haven’t been up since the Grand Final. I’d be a bit annoyed if we weren’t trying to push the club after a season like last year.
    Not a sausage. You wouldn't know we were champions unless you went to the grand final