Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Warrington sign Tongan prop Leilani Latu

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Paulo is an interesting one, almost all your underperforming players improved under Holbrook. Paulo didn’t, why do you think Woolfe will get more out of him?
    Given that Paulo only joined Saints at the beginning of last season, there is no pre-Holbrook benchmark against which to compare his 2019 performances.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Given that Paulo only joined Saints at the beginning of last season, there is no pre-Holbrook benchmark against which to compare his 2019 performances.
    Over the course of the season?

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Something you lot will never do, first James Graham rolled off the production line and became a star in Aus. Then Thompson rolls off and maybe will make himself a star in Aus, another one will come before long. You have Mr Gumshield Hill, the soft arse who can dish it out but not take it, to keep you happy.
    I’m trying to make valid points not childish point scoring. If you look at#71 you’ll see I acknowledge a real concern about our youth development. Having said that Philbin is coming along nicely although I wouldn’t yet put him in the same category as Thompson.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I’m trying to make valid points not childish point scoring. If you look at#71 you’ll see I acknowledge a real concern about our youth development. Having said that Philbin is coming along nicely although I wouldn’t yet put him in the same category as Thompson.
    Over the course of the season?
    We can only hope he does improve, or that someone wants him.

In The South Stand

The reaction to Paulo is as ever very exaggerated. He wasn't that bad last season, he just didn't stand out like a lot of the others were. He certainly didn't do anything wrong in the games he played, but people naturally expect the earth from a former NRL player. If he was Joseph Paulo from Billinge Hill he wouldn't be getting anywhere near as much negative press.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    The reaction to Paulo is as ever very exaggerated. He wasn't that bad last season, he just didn't stand out like a lot of the others were. He certainly didn't do anything wrong in the games he played, but people naturally expect the earth from a former NRL player. If he was Joseph Paulo from Billinge Hill he wouldn't be getting anywhere near as much negative press.
    Imported players are always going to be subject to a higher standard of scrutiny as it’s assumed they’re on higher salaries. I think the main frustration for Saints fans was that he was getting picked ahead of the likes of Bentley without offering anything extra.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    But he isn’t Joseph Paulo from Billinge Hill though is he? He’s come in on good money and done nothing except give penalties away for fun and take the shirt of someone who would have done a better job. I dont think we expect the earth from a former NRL player, just that he performs as well as they can, as we would any other player, but he was a complete bust last year, evidenced by him not being brought back in to the squad when he was fit.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    But he isn’t Joseph Paulo from Billinge Hill though is he? He’s come in on good money and done nothing except give penalties away for fun and take the shirt of someone who would have done a better job. I dont think we expect the earth from a former NRL player, just that he performs as well as they can, as we would any other player, but he was a complete bust last year, evidenced by him not being brought back in to the squad when he was fit.
    We don't really know if he is a top earner at the club but since we signed him Morgan Knowles has improved rapidly and is now a much better option at LF. I do like the maturity Paulo brings to the team when he comes on but have to agree that I did expect better things from him.