Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WCC ticket sales

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Default WCC ticket sales

Does anyone know how many we have sold so far? Also is anyone else a little bit concerned that we haven't sold out yet or announced that we're close to selling out? Against the Rabbitohs the sold out signs were put up well before the match.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Saints posted an update today:

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/01/2...ticket-update/

Doesn't confirm exact numbers but limited availability in West Stand, very limited availability in the South Stand and Blocks C, D, E, F and G limited availability in North Stand. East Stand is not open for the game currently, assume this will stay the same unless the demand is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Does anyone know how many we have sold so far? Also is anyone else a little bit concerned that we haven't sold out yet or announced that we're close to selling out? Against the Rabbitohs the sold out signs were put up well before the match.
    If the East Stand isn't open, that's about 4,000 off total capacity, it looks like it's going to be a hard job to get a really massive crowd, looking at the site blocks A H I in North Stand are sparsely booked

Learning All The Songs

playing 7.45pm on a Saturday night won't help sell tickets

Saturday is better than a Friday. If it was played on Sunday then people would complain they have work the next day. If we can't sell out against the best team in the NRL then we have a problem... I understand people have money problems but the club and the RFL should be doing everything they can to sell this. We've just come of our best season since 2006. Our first 17 is still the same as last year, everything should point to a sell out.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Still over a month to go. Folk still getting back into some form of grove with their wages after christmas

It'll be fine.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Still over a month to go. Folk still getting back into some form of grove with their wages after christmas

It'll be fine.
    That is a good point, a lot will hopefully be waiting for January pay before booking. The club needs a big push. Embarrassing if they don't sell out a game like that. Get into the junior clubs and give them a 25% cut on each sale they make etc. Not opening the East stand is just not an acceptable outcome. It'll look awful on the TV, playing such a showpiece event with the stand behind the sticks completely empty.

It does make me worry about the sport when things like this happen. This game should be sold out, on the back of the club being sky high after winning the Grand Final. Odd that we were the best supported side in Super League last year, won it for the first time in years and still seem to be sluggish with selling tickets for this. Maybe we need to be more edgy and cringeworthy on Twitter?

I’ve never really understood why people blame the RFL or clubs if tickets are not selling well. Surely, it’s the fans that haven’t bought tickets that are to blame whatever reasons lie behind the non-purchase. It’s all very good suggesting discounted sales but that only results in people buying as late as possible in the hope that prices reduce as the game approaches. As an example, I got my [full price] tickets before Christmas but if there are last minute deals available this year there’s no way I’ll be buying in advance in the future.

I wasn't trying to give off the impression of blaming them but how they sell it has a big sway. The lack of advertising for such a big game is a worry.

I don’t think it’s panic stations yet. There’s probably more tickets sold than there would be for a derby match at this stage

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

When we've played the first game anyone who hasn't got a ticket might be spurred on, life is that busy these days most families don't even get time to miss the Rugby during the off season, well I haven't anyway but I'll get bitten by the bug in a few weeks. The East stand will probably be pay on the gate on the day, we should be selling it out really.. I reckon we'll get 15,000 plus

I can’t see an option to buy tickets for Roosters game. Does this mean it’s sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I can’t see an option to buy tickets for Roosters game. Does this mean it’s sold out?
    Go to the home fixtures option on the ticket website

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Would a 3 pm be better, our old bones cannot stand a Canberra winter at night, let alone a 7.45 pm start in February in the UK

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Utterly ludicrous. A chance to see your side become World Champions at our home stadium and you’re complaining of an evening kick off of a weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Utterly ludicrous. A chance to see your side become World Champions at our home stadium and you’re complaining of an evening kick off of a weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I suggest that there should be a big push to open the East Stand with reduced family tickets sold via local schoolboy rugby clubs like last year's Catalan game, it would certainly look better on television than an unopened stand, and also make it a Mose Masoe sponsored game, I'm hoping that is already being thought of due to the connection with both sides, I see Roosters are already planning to visit him in their itinerary. We could also get our mascot to fly over Warrington to advertise it, it looks like that will be the Warrington fans only chance to ever see a WCC game

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I had a quick look at the seating chart last night after seeing a notice from Saints that only a few hundred WT tickets are left. Basically all of the Gold and Silver blocks in the North and South only have single seats dotted around still available, with (I'd guess) no more than 150-200 available seats available in those blocks combined.

I would estimate that if we didn't sell another ticket we'd have a good crowd on there as it stands now, and I would expect the majority of the Bronze seats left in the North and South to go once people get paid this week and the season starts.

Noooobie

With so few tickets remaining in the west im sure they would open the east.

Learning All The Songs

Saints have just announced they have opened the East Stand now.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Saints have just announced they have opened the East Stand now.
    I know a lot of people don't care about this game, but I hope they sell out and put on a proper performance.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I know a lot of people don't care about this game, but I hope they sell out and put on a proper performance.
    I agree, after the last one i think we owe it to ourselves as a club to put in a proper performance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    I agree, after the last one i think we owe it to ourselves as a club to put in a proper performance.
    The main point of this game is prestige. When we had Knowsley Road it was pop off to Bolton you lot and we did. Our radio rentals fiends always played at home, whether it be Central Park or JJB.

Come on and for red vee to twitter this bring one friend to this game. I have at £30.00 a Manchester guy with a strong passing interest in our sport. Lets not see 12000 lets get a full house. No Russell Crowe this time but if we cant get 17000 for this game heaven help the sport.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    The main point of this game is prestige. When we had Knowsley Road it was pop off to Bolton you lot and we did. Our radio rentals fiends always played at home, whether it be Central Park or JJB.

Come on and for red vee to twitter this bring one friend to this game. I have at £30.00 a Manchester guy with a strong passing interest in our sport. Lets not see 12000 lets get a full house. No Russell Crowe this time but if we cant get 17000 for this game heaven help the sport.
    Eh??

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Finstan View Post
    Eh??
    Can you not read young man? What he means is:

"Da main point o' dis game be prestige. When tf we had knowsley road dat shiz was pop off ta bolton yo' lot n' we did. Our radio rentals fiends always played in da homes, whetha dat be central park or jjb.

Come on n' from red vee ta Twizzle dis brin' one homie ta dis game. I have at £30.00 a manchesta thug wit' a strong passin' interest in da sport. Lets not peep 12000 lets git a full den. No rus da crowe dis time N' therez Ain't nuthin' but if we cant git 17000 fo' dis game heaven help da sport."

Or if you are posh it translates as:

"The main purpose of this said entity happens to be prestige. When one frequented Knowsley Road and a soirée was petitioned for Bolton, one enacted. Our ghastly rivals would fester in their own premises.

So tally ho, from the Redvee to thy Twitter this said entity requests that one partakes to negate the need to sequest and invite one acquaintance. One bears at £30.00 a friend from the City, accompanied by a passing interest with thy sport. Lets not be embarassed with an insufferable gathering. No Russell Crowe this said hour and yet if it so happens that one cannot obtain 17000 for this said entity heaven help thy sport."

Banned

Saddened you get some stick but that is superb.