Jungle Out There Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35

Thread: WCC ticket sales

  1. #26
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Can you not read young man? What he means is:

    "Da main point o' dis game be prestige. When tf we had knowsley road dat shiz was pop off ta bolton yo' lot n' we did. Our radio rentals fiends always played in da homes, whetha dat be central park or jjb.

    Come on n' from red vee ta Twizzle dis brin' one homie ta dis game. I have at £30.00 a manchesta thug wit' a strong passin' interest in da sport. Lets not peep 12000 lets git a full den. No rus da crowe dis time N' therez Ain't nuthin' but if we cant git 17000 fo' dis game heaven help da sport."

    Or if you are posh it translates as:

    "The main purpose of this said entity happens to be prestige. When one frequented Knowsley Road and a soirée was petitioned for Bolton, one enacted. Our ghastly rivals would fester in their own premises.

    So tally ho, from the Redvee to thy Twitter this said entity requests that one partakes to negate the need to sequest and invite one acquaintance. One bears at £30.00 a friend from the City, accompanied by a passing interest with thy sport. Lets not be embarassed with an insufferable gathering. No Russell Crowe this said hour and yet if it so happens that one cannot obtain 17000 for this said entity heaven help thy sport."
    Did you just assume my gender??

  2. #27
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,194
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Can you not read young man? What he means is:

    "Da main point o' dis game be prestige. When tf we had knowsley road dat shiz was pop off ta bolton yo' lot n' we did. Our radio rentals fiends always played in da homes, whetha dat be central park or jjb.

    Come on n' from red vee ta Twizzle dis brin' one homie ta dis game. I have at £30.00 a manchesta thug wit' a strong passin' interest in da sport. Lets not peep 12000 lets git a full den. No rus da crowe dis time N' therez Ain't nuthin' but if we cant git 17000 fo' dis game heaven help da sport."

    Or if you are posh it translates as:

    "The main purpose of this said entity happens to be prestige. When one frequented Knowsley Road and a soirée was petitioned for Bolton, one enacted. Our ghastly rivals would fester in their own premises.

    So tally ho, from the Redvee to thy Twitter this said entity requests that one partakes to negate the need to sequest and invite one acquaintance. One bears at £30.00 a friend from the City, accompanied by a passing interest with thy sport. Lets not be embarassed with an insufferable gathering. No Russell Crowe this said hour and yet if it so happens that one cannot obtain 17000 for this said entity heaven help thy sport."
    Excuse me Stewardess, I speak Jive.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  3. #28
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,920
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Saints have just announced they have opened the East Stand now.
    Thats good news with the game almost 4 weeks away and the super league up and running this weekend still plenty of time to sell another 2k + tickets.

  4. #29
    Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,648
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I'm not sure in the logic of keeping the east stand closed until the west is full.

    They are standing areas, so east and west 3/4s full is visual better than 1 full stand and 1 half full stand.

  5. #30
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,911
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    I'm not sure in the logic of keeping the east stand closed until the west is full.

    They are standing areas, so east and west 3/4s full is visual better than 1 full stand and 1 half full stand.
    I presume it's a matter of economy. If you keep a stand closed then you don't need to staff it with security/stewards/bar staff etc. If you can get the same number of people into three stands and there are no away fans who want to congregate at one end, then it probably makes financial sense to do that.

    Either way, good news that there's been enough demand to open it up. Hopefully the start of the season will see a push in sales.

  6. #31
    Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,648
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I presume it's a matter of economy. If you keep a stand closed then you don't need to staff it with security/stewards/bar staff etc. If you can get the same number of people into three stands and there are no away fans who want to congregate at one end, then it probably makes financial sense to do that.

    Either way, good news that there's been enough demand to open it up. Hopefully the start of the season will see a push in sales.
    Yes if it was a game against Catalan, Toronto or Huddersfield I totally get the cost argument.
    For one of the biggest games of the year closing the stand pushes a narrative that lacks ambition from the sales team and can become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

    As you say good that it is open now, hopefully it will be a sellout.

  7. #32
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finstan View Post
    Did you just assume my gender??

  8. #33
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    412
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Implying that the East stand may not be open no doubt generated a rush to "get a ticket". Now we can generate a second stampede for tickets by advertising" don't delay" three sides of stadium completely sold out.
    Stroke of a genius, perhaps!?
    Last edited by 58er; 1st February 2020 at 20:55. Reason: forget the smiley

  9. #34
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    749
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Excuse me Stewardess, I speak Jive.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Surely you can’t be serious.

  10. #35
    In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,228
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Surely you can’t be serious.
    Don't call me Shirley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •