Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Saints TV

So have I got this right? ALL first team games, regardless of whether they’re on Sky or not will only been shown on Saints TV on the Monday after all the weekend fixtures have been played?
    Hobbies include rewiring microwave ovens and meeting firemen.

Nolite te B*stards Carborundorum

@AJ_1878

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_1878 View Post
    So have I got this right? ALL first team games, regardless of whether they’re on Sky or not will only been shown on Saints TV on the Monday after all the weekend fixtures have been played?
    Apparently so, however I guess it'll be the one camera angle that the highlights is usually taken from

Is this up and running now? Anyone used it? Thoughts?

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I think they have an offer on with some free time, I got 7 day trial and I think they do 30 day one depending on the payment choice.

It's similar to the YouTube channel at the moment, maybe a little more content. In the build up this week we've got 3 individual interviews with Woolf, Amor and Roby. A behind the scenes at the media day.

I'll be honest I've got it for the game replays anything else is a bonus. I like putting them on while I'm working, previously only been able to do it with televised games.

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

I signed up last week.
    As already said, the new videos are interviews with players.
    These videos are not good quality, in so far as the contrast settings appear to be wrong, in comparison to the older videos.

I have been viewing these on my PC, but have also set it up on my Smart TV.
    Just used a browser, connected to https://tv.saintsrlfc.com/ and logged in using my new account.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Banned

On the Radio Merseyside 'Try Time' show last night, they confirmed that the station will no longer be transmitting through medium-wave from this summer.

Radio Merseyside stopped broadcasting RL games on both FM and DAB a year or so ago, so with WISH stopping, this will be the death knell of RL on radio (apart from the odd R5L coverage of one game). RM will only be broadcasting commentary online or via Freeview.

If you're at home with access to the internet, you're going to be fine, but if you're driving, you'll have to play the online broadcast on your phone (and Bluetooth it through your car/truck if applicable)

It annoys me that instead of RM broadcasting RL on FM/DAB, they've got some inane talk/music show that's utterly crap.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    On the Radio Merseyside 'Try Time' show last night, they confirmed that the station will no longer be transmitting through medium-wave from this summer.

Radio Merseyside stopped broadcasting RL games on both FM and DAB a year or so ago, so with WISH stopping, this will be the death knell of RL on radio (apart from the odd R5L coverage of one game). RM will only be broadcasting commentary online or via Freeview.

If you're at home with access to the internet, you're going to be fine, but if you're driving, you'll have to play the online broadcast on your phone (and Bluetooth it through your car/truck if applicable)

It annoys me that instead of RM broadcasting RL on FM/DAB, they've got some inane talk/music show that's utterly crap.
    I know there is going be 40 games on talkSPORT or talkSPORT2 on DAB, but i agree it doesnt look optimistic about Rugby League on the radio, local sport should be a cheap and easy source of content for local radio stations. But with most local radio stations coming under bigger media companies, WISH as a part of Bauer Media an example, they are moving away from local programming to a franchise type where they all play the same crap and local interest is ignored.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    I know there is going be 40 games on talkSPORT or talkSPORT2 on DAB, but i agree it doesnt look optimistic about Rugby League on the radio, local sport should be a cheap and easy source of content for local radio stations. But with most local radio stations coming under bigger media companies, WISH as a part of Bauer Media an example, they are moving away from local programming to a franchise type where they all play the same crap and local interest is ignored.
    I will be there, but just in case anyone else can't make it tonight, the game is advertised as being on 5 live sports tonight

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

They really should just rename Radio Merseyside as Radio Liverpool and be done with it, because it isn’t interested in anything east of Huyton.

Let’s face it they obviously think that country music is more popular than Rugby league. Well maybe it is for our scouse friends but they should represent the whole of the area.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    The annoying thing is that Radio Merseyside will still be running a live commentary from the ground and broadcasting it online and via Freeview, but will be broadcasting another programme on FM and DAB. It's presumably more expensive to do this than just broadcast the RL on all platforms.

Learning All The Songs

Do Radio Manchester still have the RL Show that used to be on a Thursday 6-7pm with Dearden and Trevor Hunt ?. Radio Manchester’s coverage wasn’t too bad, but over the last year or so it’s gone really Vanarama Football Conference South.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I've just signed up on a monthly and I watched the post match interview with Jack Welsby, then I wanted to watch the post match interview with Kristian Woolfe but no success as it said I need a TV subscription plan although I've just bought one.

Banned

just joined on a yearly subscription.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I've just signed up on a monthly and I watched the post match interview with Jack Welsby, then I wanted to watch the post match interview with Kristian Woolfe but no success as it said I need a TV subscription plan although I've just bought one.
    Might be a stupid question but it's not logged you out by accident or anything has it? All the videos working fine here

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Might be a stupid question but it's not logged you out by accident or anything has it? All the videos working fine here
    Started working now on the Kristian Woolfe interview, I'm logged in automatically so sent a query to the Saints TV query link, I assume they have done something with the permissions settings. All sorted will watch all the games on Monday I believe Todd had a good game in the reserves.

Started working now on the Kristian Woolfe interview, I'm logged in automatically so sent a query to the Saints TV query link, I assume they have done something with the permissions settings. All sorted will watch all the games on Monday I believe Todd had a good game in the reserves.
    He didn’t - but Dodd did.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    he didn’t - but dodd did.

Predictive text has struck again.

Noooobie

Anybody else having a problem with signing up for Saints TV because of using a coupon code. Made sure all of my information and such is correct but keeps saying the coupon code is already in use in this transaction and wont allow me to complete the purchase. If anybody has any answers that would be great.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Keibormintey View Post
    Anybody else having a problem with signing up for Saints TV because of using a coupon code. Made sure all of my information and such is correct but keeps saying the coupon code is already in use in this transaction and wont allow me to complete the purchase. If anybody has any answers that would be great.
    I had that a first, just as it was set up, tried a few days later no problems. If it won’t work tomorrow email them

In The South Stand

So are the videos in an archive, or are they just timed content that disappears quickly? For example the first team games on a Monday, is that only on a Monday or at the end of the season will we be able to watch them all?

Also, are the reserve and academy games on there as well? I might sign up if I can watch the academy team play on it.

For those who have it already, is the quality watchable and is there any commentary?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    So are the videos in an archive, or are they just timed content that disappears quickly? For example the first team games on a Monday, is that only on a Monday or at the end of the season will we be able to watch them all?

Also, are the reserve and academy games on there as well? I might sign up if I can watch the academy team play on it.

For those who have it already, is the quality watchable and is there any commentary?
    I,ve just watched the reserve game with a degree of difficulty, you don,t get any commentary just 80 mins of repetitive music, I should imagine it will be the same for the Academy and Ladies rugby. The club probably need to address this issue to associate the viewer to the game.

In The South Stand

I,ve just watched the reserve game with a degree of difficulty, you don,t get any commentary just 80 mins of repetitive music, I should imagine it will be the same for the Academy and Ladies rugby. The club probably need to address this issue to associate the viewer to the game.
    Yeah, canned music over sport is the worst. I can't see why they couldn't have commentary, even done retrospectively. There would be plenty of people out there who would be keen to do it for very little or even no money to try to raise their profile. Not sure if it's possible though because of licensing issues?

Banned

A pity the great Ron Hoofe is no longer with us.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Do Radio Manchester still have the RL Show that used to be on a Thursday 6-7pm with Dearden and Trevor Hunt ?. Radio Manchester’s coverage wasn’t too bad, but over the last year or so it’s gone really Vanarama Football Conference South.
    Still going.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Still going.
    Radio Merseyside also have an RL program in that same timeslot. It's pretty decent.

It does mark me, though, that wanky get covered by both Radio Merseyside and Radio Manchester.