Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Saints TV

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    These type of services can be setup to only allow a single connection per account , at any one time.
    Thats' how the loophole is plugged.

Most connections from devices are not fixed IPs so are periodically changing.
    Ah yes, like my SkyGo and Netflix have multiple users. I think admin should pass on the Widnes blokes IP address just for being tight.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    These type of services can be setup to only allow a single connection per account , at any one time.
    Thats' how the loophole is plugged.

Most connections from devices are not fixed IPs so are periodically changing.
    That's what most of the services I use do. One person using it at a time or you can add extra people so more can be logged in at once.

It's only £6 a month, it's been priced cheap enough so you shouldn't need to share it. Col's going to get £3 a month off his mate, Jesus

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Its better than £3 a month going to Amor

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Its better than £3 a month going to Amor

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Matty smith paying it for everyone I should think so he stole £100k's of our money. Well done matty you have a use...

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    That's how I understand it. It sounds like a great deal to me.
    It’s ideal for me. St Helens comes to Cornwall and Sky TV is no longer required!

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Anyone with an Apple device and a fire stick, you can get an app that gives the fire stick airplay functionality so you can mirror your iOS device to fire stick. It’s a couple of quid.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Anyone with an Apple device and a fire stick, you can get an app that gives the fire stick airplay functionality so you can mirror your iOS device to fire stick. It’s a couple of quid.
    Do you know what the app is called please and where to buy it?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    This looks great. Have I understood it correctly: all first team matches home and away streamed at some point after the match has been played for £5.99 per month?
    Has anybody asked the club this question directly? I would have thought it would be difficult to accomplish this for all of the away matches - not impossible as Sky do have a camera there at all games, but would Saints be able to take the whole game from them or would they need to take their own equipment

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    Has anybody asked the club this question directly? I would have thought it would be difficult to accomplish this for all of the away matches - not impossible as Sky do have a camera there at all games, but would Saints be able to take the whole game from them or would they need to take their own equipment
    Wigan do it for all games, they take their own equipment and use their own commentators (Joe Mills and Bilko). Will Saints be live steaming the academy and reserves home games, as Wigan do?

It really is worthwhile especially for those of you who can't get to all the games.
    The way it works at Wigan is that you get a five minute highlights one hour after the game ends, and interview with players and coaching staff, then 24 hours later fifteen minute highlights. The full game is then shown two days after the match has ended.
    All reserve and academy games are streamed live, £40 a year is a bargain.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Wigan do it for all games, they take their own equipment and use their own commentators (Joe Mills and Bilko). Will Saints be live steaming the academy and reserves home games, as Wigan do?

It really is worthwhile especially for those of you who can't get to all the games.
    The way it works at Wigan is that you get a five minute highlights one hour after the game ends, and interview with players and coaching staff, then 24 hours later fifteen minute highlights. The full game is then shown two days after the match has ended.
    I suspect that it will be the same for Saints then - thanks for the reply

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Yes. I would subscribe.
    No. It would not prevent me attending either home or away games.

But does this service require fast broadband and if so what speed
    iPlayer requires at least 1.5mb for standard and 2.8mb for HD. Netflix 3mb for standard and 5mb for HD. UHD is around 10mb IIRC.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

According to the site; Men’s First Team, Men’s Reserves, Academy, Scholarship and Women’s side (within Sky TV time frame stipulations). Full 80 minutes not before Monday after the weekend round of matches). That's word for word what it says.

In The South Stand

Will Saints contact members by email about it ?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    iPlayer requires at least 1.5mb for standard and 2.8mb for HD. Netflix 3mb for standard and 5mb for HD. UHD is around 10mb IIRC.
    Thanks for that Oberon

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    Will Saints contact members by email about it ?
    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/01/2...r-saints-fans/

Starting A Programme Collection

Anyone encountered problems subscribing to Saints TV. I successfully logged onto my account to purchase away tickets but when I attempt to subscribe it will not accept my e-mail address........strange? have e-mailed them re the problem

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Anyone encountered problems subscribing to Saints TV. I successfully logged onto my account to purchase away tickets but when I attempt to subscribe it will not accept my e-mail address........strange? have e-mailed them re the problem
    No problem for me and I can view all the existing content without problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    No problem for me and I can view all the existing content without problem.
    What existing content is there, Belgian? Wondering whether to sign up now or wait till we have a non-televised fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    What existing content is there, Belgian? Wondering whether to sign up now or wait till we have a non-televised fixture.
    When I looked yesterday it was just the content that was on the YouTube channel

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

I'm going to be waiting a few months until I hear what other fans think about it. The website itself looks good, I know we don't have a lot of money compared to PL clubs but I hope it isn't essentially what's on youtube now with the interviews and then showing the matches a few days later, for me that would just be a cheap money making gimmick. Some ideas like the classic matches are a great idea but again I hope they're using footage before YouTube and not recycling old match highlights from the YouTube channel. This could potentially be great and I'd much rather pay a bit extra for better content then just 2/3 minute interviews, old YouTube highlight clips and full matches.

Would love to see something like a legends segment, once a month 3/4 former players/managers are sat round a table talking about their time at Saints and their playing careers in general.

More behind the scenes footage.

A few more funny interviews with the players, like quick fire q and a or a Mrs and Mrs or some physical challenges between the players like who can score the most drop goals in a minute? (I'm sure the professionals can come up with better ideas than me).

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I'm going to be waiting a few months until I hear what other fans think about it. The website itself looks good, I know we don't have a lot of money compared to PL clubs but I hope it isn't essentially what's on youtube now with the interviews and then showing the matches a few days later, for me that would just be a cheap money making gimmick. Some ideas like the classic matches are a great idea but again I hope they're using footage before YouTube and not recycling old match highlights from the YouTube channel. This could potentially be great and I'd much rather pay a bit extra for better content then just 2/3 minute interviews, old YouTube highlight clips and full matches.

Would love to see something like a legends segment, once a month 3/4 former players/managers are sat round a table talking about their time at Saints and their playing careers in general.

A few more funny interviews with the players, like quick fire q and a or a Mrs and Mrs or some physical challenges between the players like who can score the most drop goals in a minute? (I'm sure the professionals can come up with better ideas than me).
    I'll be honest I'd rather just have the full games and maybe a couple of interviews like the current YouTube channel has.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post

I agree. It needs to be a bit more interesting and creative than just “So Robes, are you looking forward to the new season” etc. I’m not a big you tube fan but I’ve just spent half an hour watching LFC TV videos - loads of interesting fly on the wall stuff can be done that isn’t expensive to produce I wouldn’t have thought - simple things like shadowing a player through their day at training, access to the tunnel area/bench, coaches area within reason, what all the coaching staff do to prepare for a game, how they do video analysis, marketing department, the chef talking about the players diets, loads of bits and bobs that you can do
    Last edited by Sean Day; 25th January 2020 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    At this time it's basically a lot of old games and interviews. Virtually everything that has appeared on Saints website. I'm waiting for the first non televised game.

Learning All The Songs

If they have access to the old Mircon video archive and showed the matches in full, with the original unbiased commentary, then this would be a big plus