Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Saints TV

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Yeah, canned music over sport is the worst. I can't see why they couldn't have commentary, even done retrospectively. There would be plenty of people out there who would be keen to do it for very little or even no money to try to raise their profile. Not sure if it's possible though because of licensing issues?
    It isn't a licensing thing, Wigan streamed their away academy game with Widnes last Saturday live with commentary although there was a problem with the stream in the 1st half. They streamed the London Skolars away friendly, Liam Farrells testimonial and the Leigh away friendly all live with commentary.
    It could be Saints are just getting their service up and running and will improve it as they get more experience and/or complaints

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    It isn't a licensing thing, Wigan streamed their away academy game with Widnes last Saturday live with commentary although there was a problem with the stream in the 1st half. They streamed the London Skolars away friendly, Liam Farrells testimonial and the Leigh away friendly all live with commentary.
    It could be Saints are just getting their service up and running and will improve it as they get more experience and/or complaints
    Sure Saints they wherre looking into providing commenrary on games

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    Do you know what the app is called please and where to buy it?
    Airreceiver on the fire tv store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Yeah, canned music over sport is the worst. I can't see why they couldn't have commentary, even done retrospectively. There would be plenty of people out there who would be keen to do it for very little or even no money to try to raise their profile. Not sure if it's possible though because of licensing issues?
    Be better off with just the sound from the pitch

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The first Podcast was good around 40 mins of discussion with Coote and LMS, the loss in the CC final was a big shift in mentality afterwards.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    On the Radio Merseyside 'Try Time' show last night, they confirmed that the station will no longer be transmitting through medium-wave from this summer.

Radio Merseyside stopped broadcasting RL games on both FM and DAB a year or so ago, so with WISH stopping, this will be the death knell of RL on radio (apart from the odd R5L coverage of one game). RM will only be broadcasting commentary online or via Freeview.

If you're at home with access to the internet, you're going to be fine, but if you're driving, you'll have to play the online broadcast on your phone (and Bluetooth it through your car/truck if applicable)

It annoys me that instead of RM broadcasting RL on FM/DAB, they've got some inane talk/music show that's utterly crap.
    Yes I heard Medium Wave was going off. I will use my PC to access commentary. I always do this anyway. Using the PC is a quick way to switch between matches to see how the other games are getting on.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    The first Podcast was good around 40 mins of discussion with Coote and LMS, the loss in the CC final was a big shift in mentality afterwards.
    I've just started watching the podcast now and it's a great addition. It's early days with saints TV, it's going to improve as it goes along. For me it's well worth the subscription fee. It would be good if the fans back it thats the best way to help it improve, with funding.

The music over games needs looking at it sounds horrible. It needs the crowd noise or commentary over it. Like I said it's early days so hopefully these things can get worked out.

Got A Season Ticket

Hi

I am just looking at WishFm web site and it says coverage of all Saints Wigan and leigh games live and it lists all the games on it.

Do uou know something I don't?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Speaking of game coverage, so to speak, now Wish FM has stopped all coverage does RedV not fancy doing a web based broadcast for those who can't attend the games?

Have to say that I think we as fans have been given mis-information with this. I always thought it would show additional news and footage eg Academy, Reserves etc as well as delayed replays of the first team.

However in actual fact we now no longer get any news that used to be free. Can’t even read or watch Wolf’s press conference without subscribing. It’s not the cost that’s the issue (it’s minimal) it’s the principle here.

I bet we are the only SL club that doesn’t hear what our own manager says to the press without paying for it.

If it wasn’t for Mike Critchley of the Star, I wouldn’t get any quotes. His clicks must be through the roof.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Have to say that I think we as fans have been given mis-information with this. I always thought it would show additional news and footage eg Academy, Reserves etc as well as delayed replays of the first team.

However in actual fact we now no longer get any news that used to be free. Can’t even read or watch Wolf’s press conference without subscribing. It’s not the cost that’s the issue (it’s minimal) it’s the principle here.

I bet we are the only SL club that doesn’t hear what our own manager says to the press without paying for it.

If it wasn’t for Mike Critchley of the Star, I wouldn’t get any quotes. His clicks must be through the roof.

https://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/s...nge-1-10259838

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post

You tend to get the highlights of games and short interviews for free, the full games and much longer interviews are on premium. Woolf post match interview is 50 secs on Free but around 3 mins on Subscription.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 16th February 2020 at 19:51.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by treewizard View Post
    Hi

I am just looking at WishFm web site and it says coverage of all Saints Wigan and leigh games live and it lists all the games on it.

Do uou know something I don't?

Cheers
    I think they haven't updated their website. All last year they said they were not covering any sport at all.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Full Hull game with commentary now on Saints TV.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Full Hull game with commentary now on Saints TV.
    Someone need to tell Alan Rooney that it’s not the Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    They might have added Rooney's commentary after the video recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Fair enough I think on the budget it has. Have to agree that the reserve and under 18 games would be better without the music in the background- we understand that there won’t be a commentator or much background atmosphere so please just get rid

Learning All The Songs

I suppose with it being attached to the club a Ron Hoof type commentary is out of the question and we need a more professional commentary.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    They might have added Rooney's commentary after the video recording.
    And Hull don't play in the King Kong stadium
    Coverage was OK just needs crowd noise in the background for atmosphere

Thats what got me thinking that the Rooney radio commentary was added later and overlayed onto the match video because the crowd noise was filtered down. Rooney did drop a few clangers he still gets mixed up between Tai and Paulo.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I think it's a chicken and egg situation the more subscribers the better the budget and the better the content?
    Learned comment from The Don

Can anyone who now has it tell me if you can stream from phone / iPad to Chromecast at all?
    Hobbies include rewiring microwave ovens and meeting firemen.

Nolite te B*stards Carborundorum

@AJ_1878

Exactly what I said to my wife. Commentary a bit monotone, but crowd noise would negate that to some extent. For the likes of me not living in the UK, well worth the money.

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_1878 View Post
    Can anyone who now has it tell me if you can stream from phone / iPad to Chromecast at all?
    I have not found a way to do this.
    What I have done is logged on to Saints TV on the browser that is on my Smart TV.
    Now I can watch the videos in full screen.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofeHearted View Post
    I have not found a way to do this.
    What I have done is logged on to Saints TV on the browser that is on my Smart TV.
    Now I can watch the videos in full screen.
    You can do full screen just connecting a PC. But using the browser is probably easier.

Banned

I have just watched the 2007 world challenge on Saints TV I had forgotten how great a game that was. 23000 crowd and toe to toe for 80 minutes. The last stand of Scully but what a last stand.