Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Rumours

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default Latest Rumours

According to tomorrow’s League Express, both Matty Lees and Morgan Knowles are both attracting interest from NRL clubs. Doesn’t say either of them are in talks but just that clubs are looking at them. Both out of contract next year. It would be horrible to see either of them go.

The article also states we are in talks with NZ backrower Kevin Proctor but his signing would depend on Peyroux leaving.

Seems to be lots of ifs, buts and maybes when it comes to our squad for 2021.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    According to tomorrow’s League Express, both Matty Lees and Morgan Knowles are both attracting interest from NRL clubs. Doesn’t say either of them are in talks but just that clubs are looking at them. Both out of contract next year. It would be horrible to see either of them go.

The article also states we are in talks with NZ backrower Kevin Proctor but his signing would depend on Peyroux leaving.

With regard to interest in young english players that is both logical and flattering.

The key will be not to panic and thrown money at either of them.

At a time when its paycuts all round agents will also look to look to up salaries for their players.

Be great to keep both but not for silly money.

With regard to Proctor he doesn't fill me with excitement. Not a line breaker or offload magician rather a
    workhorse. I think Dom's time is up but I don't see what Proctor gives us over playing
    Paulo for longer minutes.

Banned

No shock they want knowles and lees they are 2 of the stand out young english forwards.

With proctor i do still rate him and would be good replacement for do. Rather keep dom though

Banned

Hardly a surprise at the moment.

Banned

I smell a rat.

No NRL team named but apparently he’s ‘inundated.’ Suspect Matty’s agent has been onto TotalRL to stir up the pot and to try and take advantage of any anxiety in the Saints boadroom now Thompson has gone. More-so as any agent with a brain would know there’s a big wedge of cap space freed up, but at same time wouldnt be as unprofessional as to name a potentially interested party. Can be the inly explanation for not naming clubs just yet.

Smells like blatant opportunism.

Alas, Knowles has got NRL written all over him. He’d go down a storm over there.

Banned

Didn't Knowles sign s four year cintract last year?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    With regard to Proctor he doesn't fill me with excitement. Not a line breaker or offload magician rather a
    workhorse. I think Dom's time is up but I don't see what Proctor gives us over playing
    Paulo for longer minutes.
    Dom's time is up? Is it just me that thinks he's brilliant? Since he's moved to second row, there genuinely isn't a backrower in Super League I'd want over him. He's great.

If Lees and Knowles both go, it's time to cancel having an academy. What's the point of it, when you only get to keep players the NRL doesn't want.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Didn't Knowles sign s four year cintract last year?
    All that means is we will get a fee if he wants to go. Contracts are worth sod all if a player wants to leave.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

To be fair, I think I’m right in saying that all of our internationals have received offers from NRL clubs at some stage of their careers.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Banned

If knowles leaves under contract we will get one massive fee for him

Learning All The Songs

Is there only me that thinks letting Peyroux leave would be a bad idea? (is he asking for more money? Is someone after him? Does he want to go home?)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Is there only me that thinks letting Peyroux leave would be a bad idea? (is he asking for more money? Is someone after him? Does he want to go home?)
    I agree, especially with Taia leaving. He's not a superstar but he's a good player.

Starting A Programme Collection

Knowles and Lees are the cornerstone of the team it would be a disaster to lose either of them having lost Thompson.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    If knowles leaves under contract we will get one massive fee for him
    It'll depend on how long is on his contract.
    Batemans fee was £160K and I think Williams was about the same, both had 1 year left on their contracts.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    If we do get Proctor then it might not be a bad replacement, I just get that feeling Holbrook got the best out of Peyroux but Woolf might struggle on that front. Proctor is a Woolf type of player if you know what I mean.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Wouldn’t be too keen on Proctor but it depends who is on the market and if Peyroux is leaving.

In regards to Knowles and Lees they are both destined for great things, Lees will become one of the best props in the world in the next few years. I kind of expect them to go to the NRL but hopefully they don’t or atleast don’t yet.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    If we do get Proctor then it might not be a bad replacement, I just get that feeling Holbrook got the best out of Peyroux but Woolf might struggle on that front. Proctor is a Woolf type of player if you know what I mean.
    Yes it seems to indicate a more traditional type of 2nd Row role.

Certainly if we get Proctor, Molo and Joel Thompson we'll have a tough pack, won't get bullied, don't know how mobile they will be if the "six again" rule is here to stay

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

https://www.totalrl.com/players-reve...on-the-market/

From this list of players available in SL, I'd be keeping an eye on what happens with Matt parcel & Sam Kasiano. Both very good players who could be good for St Helens.

Surprised to see Joe Burgess is going to Salford. Was once one of the best wingers in the competition and seems his career has stalled.

On Proctor... he's been a very good player for a number of years, but having him on one side and Thompson on the other, not sure there's a lot of athleticism in your second row then? If Thompson is coming, then I'd be looking for someone in the Peyroux mold for the other side of the field. That is of course, if Peyroux is leaving?

Think Molo will get another NRL deal given his age and how he's been performing for NQL. They've just sacked their coach too, so that may influence things.

Finally, wouldn't surprise me on Lees & Knowles with teams like Canberra signing the young Wigan player last week.

Regards,

STEVO
    Last edited by Mike Stephenson; 20th July 2020 at 12:08.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Letting Peyroux go and then going for Proctor doesn't make a lot of sense. Both are 31 year old SRs. Dom isn't a world beater but he fits in this team. Proctor seems to have slowed down a bit last couple of years and will probably cost a lot more than Dom. Money that could be spent on strengthening the front row.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Lee's & Knowles are not the only one's we have to worry about.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Wouldnt be surprised even at around 29 now, a few of them will still be tempted to give Walmsley a 2 year offer. We know the fees can be paid when a player is under contract

Banned

FFS, I was in a good mood this morning and this thread has put a right downer on that. Looks like half the squad is leaving and we'll be on a level with Hull KR next season.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    FFS, I was in a good mood this morning and this thread has put a right downer on that. Looks like half the squad is leaving and we'll be on a level with Hull KR next season.
    Yep and we will be told look how competitive our league is

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Yep and we will be told look how competitive our league is

And Hetherington will still be leading his Yaaarksher Mafia to try to drive down the Cap further.