Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Saints TV

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Out of curiosity, what is the quality of the match like? Is it pixilated or fuzzy like someone has just uploaded a video copy or is it like you were watching it today on tv? On the sky sports website there is a short highlights video of the match but the quality is very good

Learning All The Songs

One camera angle, ok quality think micron video but without the impartial commentary

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is the quality of the match like? Is it pixilated or fuzzy like someone has just uploaded a video copy or is it like you were watching it today on tv? On the sky sports website there is a short highlights video of the match but the quality is very good
    Image quality is pretty good, you don,t get multi camera angles and replays.

Banned

I have now watched both WCC matches and Saints TV is great and the price is good. I had a few issues getting set up and Jamie Allen went above and beyond. Good stuff.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    The actual quality of the picture is pretty much the same as on Arena. But, like others have said only one camera.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Does anyone know who the person is asking the question on all the Saints player/coaches interviews?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Tbh i hate very poor picture quality and it kept freezing. Will give it 1 last change to watch full match games tif same again wont bother with it

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Tbh i hate very poor picture quality and it kept freezing. Will give it 1 last change to watch full match games tif same again wont bother with it
    I subscribed here and have not had any issues with the coverage. Only one camera as others have said but they do ok with it. I shall maintain my subscription.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Never had the slightest problem with freezing, nor any other technical issue. That may be local to you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Does anyone know who the person is asking the question on all the Saints player/coaches interviews?
    Wondered that myself because in one particular chat he was mentioned as an ex player, don't know if that was amateur or pro level.

Mike Bennett has been involved with interviews previously but I’ve not watched Saints tv as yet so I could be way off.

I assume it’s the person who took over from Mike Appleton as the club’s media lead.

Got A Season Ticket

Jamie Allen. Saints Media and Content Manager

Banned

Just watched the re-run of the 35-34 Saints V Huddersfield. Mose looked great, Travis Burns looked gash. Good watch though.

Starting A Programme Collection

Mine also kept freezing. Rang BT who sorted the problem, had no trouble since.

Banned

Just watched CAS 4 SAINTS 72 What a team. Ron Hoofe and Mick Morgan commentating and at one point Morgan says Ron is on camera because the guy working it has gone for an Earther Kitt "priceless" also the sound of Lancashire ringing out was superb. If you have not got it you are missing out.

Got A Season Ticket

Saints V Hull KR - just started to watch it from 1990

Ron Hoofe gives an explanation of the mascot for the day
    Its a lad called Philip Breeze (maybe a different spelling)
    As he was 9 at the time he would now be about 39, wonder if he firstly is okay and if he knows this is now on the site

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Lots old derby matches on WiganTV. Has a searchable archive. Picture quality on some of the older stuff is obviously a bit ropey (some older micron stuff from 80s/90s has been uploaded). Some academy derbies on there as well.

"A free month’s access, if you join before the end of March. Simply head to WIGAN TV, choose the monthly option then use coupon code ‘freemonth15’ at the checkout. "

I don't know if all content is available but worth a try if you want to watch some of the old derbies.

God I'm gonna miss Good Friday this year. I'm going stir crazy allready but at least I get some light relief by having to go to work. Never thought I'd say that!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Lots old derby matches on WiganTV. Has a searchable archive. Picture quality on some of the older stuff is obviously a bit ropey (some older micron stuff from 80s/90s has been uploaded). Some academy derbies on there as well.

"A free month’s access, if you join before the end of March. Simply head to WIGAN TV, choose the monthly option then use coupon code ‘freemonth15’ at the checkout. "

I don't know if all content is available but worth a try if you want to watch some of the old derbies.

God I'm gonna miss Good Friday this year. I'm going stir crazy allready but at least I get some light relief by having to go to work. Never thought I'd say that!
    Why would anyone on here subscribe to that? Derby matches or not.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Why would anyone on here subscribe to that? Derby matches or not.
    some people are RL fans
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    some people are RL fans
    I didn't say they wasn't but I wouldn't sign up to that for all the tea in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I didn't say they wasn't but I wouldn't sign up to that for all the tea in China.
    Wouldn't buy any food product from China..............The problem with the WIGAN TV 30 day offer is that they still have their mitts on your Email + Banking details which opens the back door for Goon PR despite ticking the box for no advertising.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Wouldn't buy any food product from China..............The problem with the WIGAN TV 30 day offer is that they still have their mitts on your Email + Banking details which opens the back door for Goon PR despite ticking the box for no advertising.
    Funny you say that, I've been craving Chinese food.

Exactly, I don't want to be associated with them in any way.

Learning All The Songs

having watched the brief promo clips on the Saints twitter ( eg one from 1986/87 ) , our offloading was unbelievable .Was it only Saints who played that way or was it the norm ( I was at the matches but can't remember other teams style of play)?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I think the game was a lot more open then due to the players not being as fit and less emphasis put on coaching defence. A big issue at the time however was some of the blowout scores when the top teams (Wigan, Saints, Widnes) were playing the lower status clubs. I watch some of the old matches and the handling back then with some of the set plays the teams used to use appears a lot quicker and better executed than today but the defence is dire.