Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tesco Car Park

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Sherdleyboy View Post
    Nothing...but people doing this are a minority.
    I don't see why people are complaining about this really, they are only bringing the store in line with other stores. There are plenty of car parks within walking distance of the ground.

You've only got to look at the cars parked along Burtonhead Rd and Jackson Street to see that people will do anything to save a few quid. I hope the council start to book those as well.
    Management bullshit talk ! What are Tesco losing from 3 hour parking ?!! Anyone attending the game should under no circumstance enter Tesco other than to use there bogs .

Fall in line my arse

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sherdleyboy View Post
    Nothing...but people doing this are a minority.
    I don't see why people are complaining about this really, they are only bringing the store in line with other stores. There are plenty of car parks within walking distance of the ground.

You've only got to look at the cars parked along Burtonhead Rd and Jackson Street to see that people will do anything to save a few quid. I hope the council start to book those as well.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Anyone attending the game should under no circumstance enter Tesco other than to use there bogs
    I wouldn't let you do that either. No pay, no p*ss!

Noooobie

Why dont Tesco issue a day pass for match days possibly £3,allowing it to be purchased in any Tesco store.Try parking at pieland, wire,leeds ,salford etc,for free.you will certainly have quite a lot of walking to do,also the worry of your vehicle being damaged.

There’s only really the rugby that is a real positive for the town. Whilst Tesco have every right to do what they’re doing, sometimes you have to embrace those around you to help each other along. A strong, well supported rugby club will undoubtedly benefit the town as a whole in terms of investment, profile etc which leads to jobs and more money in people’s pockets to spend in Tesco, so to me you have to be careful about putting barriers in the way of that. In any case it’s a ridiculously oversized car park anyway so it’s no big deal in terms of getting a space to do your shopping

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tomarr View Post
    Why dont Tesco issue a day pass for match days possibly £3,allowing it to be purchased in any Tesco store.Try parking at pieland, wire,leeds ,salford etc,for free.you will certainly have quite a lot of walking to do,also the worry of your vehicle being damaged.
    Exactly. Suits everyone then.

It's bloody stupid to be honest, no doubt the brain child of some middle management, brown nosed tosspot.

Banned

A few years ago, I'd have ignored it and parked anyway. I must had had a couple dozen of fake parking 'fines' off the parasitic scum private parking companies. They get ignored, and the several letters (increasingly threatening for effect) get binned. They stop eventually and would never persue through the small claims court (their only route to get a penny out of you is to sue you for breach of contract).

Unfortunately, some Tory tw*t of a judge ruled in favour of the corporate giants in one case, the precedent of which has been used since in a few other cases.

If you get one of these, follow the advice on Martin Lewis' moneysavingexpert site and it's hugely unlikely you'll have to pay, but just ignoring the gobshites is no longer the guarantee it was, sadly

Why dont Tesco issue a day pass for match days possibly £3.
    You do realise that if you had read the thread you would have seen a post six before yours that says exactly this???

http://forums.redvee.net/showthread....l=1#post783941

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

To be honest we're more tempted, 4 of us car share and park a good 15 minutes walk away..

If the car park is generally a bit quieter, £3 a game probably works about £9 each for the season for parking next to the ground..

Will have a look at the Salford game

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Getting out of that car park is a nightmare after a game. Only ever been picked up though.

If I do drive, I use the multistory by world of glass. 1.50 for match day parking and not really a hassle to get out.

But tend to use the train more often than not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Getting out of that car park is a nightmare after a game. Only ever been picked up though.

If I do drive, I use the multistory by world of glass. 1.50 for match day parking and not really a hassle to get out.

But tend to use the train more often than not.

Bob into Tesco afterwards to grab a few bits before ambling to car, and the queue has normally subsided a bit - but even so, it's 10 mins max at even the worst times.

A few times, though, I've seen dickheads overtaking all the queuing cars on the wrong side of the roads because they're presumably too special to have to queue. Always a car full of blokes. I always wish a puncture on them. Or, if I'm in a bad mood, a head-on with a bin lorry. W*nkers.

Starting A Programme Collection

I think it's due to the time it can take after a game. It's not really fair on their customers who have come to shop if it's taking 30-45 mins to get off the car park, that could potentially lose them business or at the very least annoy customers who may only be able to shop at that time on a Friday or whatever.

I've been sat on there nearly an hour after we played Wigan once on a Thursday so I can't imagine how annoyed you'd be if you'd just nipped to do the shopping.

I get the sensible thing would be not to go shopping when Saints are playing but suppose Tesco just have to think of everyone customer wise.

I'd like to hope/think anyone with issues walking from town etc due to health/medical issues could contact Saints and they'd support those people. Be disappointed if they wouldn't.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    I think it's due to the time it can take after a game. It's not really fair on their customers who have come to shop if it's taking 30-45 mins to get off the car park, that could potentially lose them business or at the very least annoy customers who may only be able to shop at that time on a Friday or whatever.

I've been sat on there nearly an hour after we played Wigan once on a Thursday so I can't imagine how annoyed you'd be if you'd just nipped to do the shopping.

I get the sensible thing would be not to go shopping when Saints are playing but suppose Tesco just have to think of everyone customer wise.

I'd like to hope/think anyone with issues walking from town etc due to health/medical issues could contact Saints and they'd support those people. Be disappointed if they wouldn't.
    I’d like to see how many people actually go in to Tesco and do their shopping on match days and finish doing it between 9.30 and 10.30pm, i think its very few if any. Surely most people tend to stay away from the site around game time unless they are attending the match. Just seems like an incredibly short sighted act that could create a bit of ill will towards Tesco.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    I’d like to see how many people actually go in to Tesco and do their shopping on match days and finish doing it between 9.30 and 10.30pm, i think its very few if any. Surely most people tend to stay away from the site around game time unless they are attending the match. Just seems like an incredibly short sighted act that could create a bit of ill will towards Tesco.
    That bit in bold is probably precisely why they're making this move.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    That bit in bold is probably precisely why they're making this move.
    Probably, i just dont see it increasing the number of people going in to Tesco during that time by that much anyway. It may stop people parking there but will not stop people dropping off and picking up, so there will still be disruption getting in and out of the car park before and after the game.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

I wonder if there was any stipulation made regarding parking when the original planning permission was requested for Tesco and the ground.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

The sign by the camera at the entry to the car park still states “3 hours free parking” so I suspect that anyone challenging a fine for staying over 1.5 hours would win that argument. Probably not worth the hassle but should be borne in mind if you receive an invoice.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    The sign by the camera at the entry to the car park still states “3 hours free parking” so I suspect that anyone challenging a fine for staying over 1.5 hours would win that argument. Probably not worth the hassle but should be borne in mind if you receive an invoice.

Spoke to the Tesco's customer desk in store yesterday re parking and they said 3 hours parking is still in place except matchdays which is 1 and a half hours ,couldnt see any signage to support this .

Noooobie

Tried to book on Horizon web site.Put in my times,blanks them out on friday night,won't accept a booking.Contacted them but as usual with these people no reply.Don't mind paying £3 that's reasonable,not crying for it to be free like some.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Tried to book on Horizon web site.Put in my times,blanks them out on friday night,won't accept a booking.Contacted them but as usual with these people no reply.Don't mind paying £3 that's reasonable,not crying for it to be free like some.
    If you don't have any mobility problems, Chalon Way, the multi-storey car park in town usually stays open on match days and charges £1.
    It's a 5-10 minute walk to the ground.

Learning All The Songs

Even though they have said it has changed I’m sure whatever it says on the signs is what the rules are, so if the signs say 3 hours then its 3 hours parking. Don’t quote me on that but there is information online to say that:

http://www.knowyourparkingrights.org...ing-is-managed
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/sc...rivate-land-s/

I know the second one is Scotland but it may also be applicable in England, it may be worth people checking the sign before going.

Sainsburys Oldham give 3 hours free parking if you spend £5....

Takings increased by 13% when they introduced it.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Sainsburys Oldham give 3 hours free parking if you spend £5....

Takings increased by 13% when they introduced it.
    I might consider parking there but surely there is somewhere closer to park.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I might consider parking there but surely there is somewhere closer to park.
    Pmsl, very funny!!!!!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

They only have a set number of spaces and they’ve sold out of them for this week. They replied to someone’s email saying this, you can book for match times in future weeks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro