Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tesco Car Park

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Even though they have said it has changed I’m sure whatever it says on the signs is what the rules are, so if the signs say 3 hours then its 3 hours parking. Don’t quote me on that but there is information online to say that:

http://www.knowyourparkingrights.org...ing-is-managed
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/sc...rivate-land-s/

I know the second one is Scotland but it may also be applicable in England, it may be worth people checking the sign before going.
    Spot on. I'll take a [date/time-stamped] pic of a dign saying 3 hours in case the parking parasites decide to try it on. Sll it takes is one sign saying 3 hours, and you can legally claim this is the sign you looked at fir information.

Tesco gobshites. I'll be boycotting the store from now on.

Banned

Webbo gets offended by grass being green, people thinking too loudly and the sky being above his head.

Learning All The Songs

My mate parked up on Tesco last Friday. We checked the sign where we parked and nothing had been changed.
    When we got in someone told us that other signs had been put up, which we didn’t see, saying 90 mins maximum or a fine would ensue. She left at half time to move her car to the Retail Park but went into Tesco’s to complain. She was told that the car park was run by Horizon and that the decision was out of Tesco’s hands. They had noticed a drop in footfall and expected that fans wouldn’t go in the store after the game either.

Starting A Programme Collection

Parking companies really get my back up - looking to make money off 'fines'. They could be more proactive (and considerate) and maybe even win some favour. Set a reasonable fee for parking on match days within the Tesco car park and make some money off it. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind paying a few quid to be so close to the ground - and I don't think Tesco would lose out much either by footfall. I suspect they make more money off trying to catch people out with 'fines' - so doubt we'll see a change. Maybe i'm just an idealist who would like to see more community-minded initiatives than it just being about making money.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I remember going to watch Saints at Wrexham, the big Sainsbury's next door had bucket collections for charity on the car park..

Probably a win all around

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    Parking companies really get my back up - looking to make money off 'fines'. They could be more proactive (and considerate) and maybe even win some favour. Set a reasonable fee for parking on match days within the Tesco car park and make some money off it. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind paying a few quid to be so close to the ground - and I don't think Tesco would lose out much either by footfall. I suspect they make more money off trying to catch people out with 'fines' - so doubt we'll see a change. Maybe i'm just an idealist who would like to see more community-minded initiatives than it just being about making money.
    They did,it's £3 but you have to book in advance

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    They did,it's £3 but you have to book in advance
    Sounds reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    My mate parked up on Tesco last Friday. We checked the sign where we parked and nothing had been changed.
    When we got in someone told us that other signs had been put up, which we didn’t see, saying 90 mins maximum or a fine would ensue. She left at half time to move her car to the Retail Park but went into Tesco’s to complain. She was told that the car park was run by Horizon and that the decision was out of Tesco’s hands. They had noticed a drop in footfall and expected that fans wouldn’t go in the store after the game either.
    This happens at Horwich when Bolton play. There are extra signs put up advising its a match day with a 90 min limit in car parking. I assume they'd do the same at Saints.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

As most games are played in the eveing when the car park is relatively quiet, it never appears to have been an issue.

I wonder how much Little Mix performing this summer on a Saturday Afternoon influenced their decision to start doing this?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    As most games are played in the eveing when the car park is relatively quiet, it never appears to have been an issue.

I wonder how much Little Mix performing this summer on a Saturday Afternoon influenced their decision to start doing this?
    I would imagine going to little mix would mean spending well over 3 hours from start to finish. But not been to a big concert in a while.

Got A Replica Shirt

Hi Is anyone else finding the tesco car park fully booked through Horizon, I managed to book for the salford game but fully booked for WCC so I tried to book ahead and no spaces available. I went as far as the Wigan game in April but it is always greyed out on the match day times . I find it difficult to believe every spot available has been pre-booked already so far ahead especially with sky being able to move the game to Thursday if it suits them. I have a sister who is a blue badge holder, no joy with disabled parking on totally wicked every season we get the reply "no spaces available", she can walk but not that far I have tried to speak to the club but had no reply from e-mails or text messages anyone any ideas thanks.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dash Riprock View Post
    Hi Is anyone else finding the tesco car park fully booked through Horizon, I managed to book for the salford game but fully booked for WCC so I tried to book ahead and no spaces available. I went as far as the Wigan game in April but it is always greyed out on the match day times . I find it difficult to believe every spot available has been pre-booked already so far ahead especially with sky being able to move the game to Thursday if it suits them. I have a sister who is a blue badge holder, no joy with disabled parking on totally wicked every season we get the reply "no spaces available", she can walk but not that far I have tried to speak to the club but had no reply from e-mails or text messages anyone any ideas thanks.
    Try contacting John Murphy. He was very helpful in arranging parking at the ground when our grandson broke his leg and was in a wheelchair. It wasn't a disabled parking space but there are spaces close enough but maybe not as wide.

Learning All The Songs

On match days the limit is now 90 mins even if you're shopping! I’ve tried Horizon like you and had the same problem so the idea that you can pay £3 to park is arrant nonsense!

Same for me, nothing to do now this season but go watch the games at my dads.

He is 92 and has watched Saints since he was 4, a season ticket holder for most of that time and now he can't get to the game as he cannot walk further than Tesco to the Ground.

The club, when we have asked have been already well over subscribed on disabled spaces. A disappointing end to his Rugby watching at the Saints.

Got A Replica Shirt

Thanks guys for the reply,it is so sad that some of our elderly supporters cannot get to the ground because of the parking restrictions and something I think the club should have thought about. It is nice to have the greenery around the ground but feel it would be better to have more parking spaces made available nearer the ground for our disabled supporters than all the grass. The allocation of parking on the Totally wicked for disabled is woeful and my sister as been trying to acquire a parking slot since the move from Knowsley road without any luck and in most cases without any response from the club.We did try contacting John last season both by e-mail and text but did not even get a reply, cannot lay the blame on Tesco because they have simply seen an opportunity to generate some cash on match days and it is their car park after all. I am 70 this year and my sister is 68 we have both been supporting saints since our days in the boys pen over 60 years ago and the time when we have to watch saints from our armchair is approaching fast

Thanks guys for the reply,it is so sad that some of our elderly supporters cannot get to the ground because of the parking restrictions and something I think the club should have thought about. It is nice to have the greenery around the ground but feel it would be better to have more parking spaces made available nearer the ground for our disabled supporters than all the grass. The allocation of parking on the Totally wicked for disabled is woeful and my sister as been trying to acquire a parking slot since the move from Knowsley road without any luck and in most cases without any response from the club.We did try contacting John last season both by e-mail and text but did not even get a reply, cannot lay the blame on Tesco because they have simply seen an opportunity to generate some cash on match days and it is their car park after all. I am 70 this year and my sister is 68 we have both been supporting saints since our days in the boys pen over 60 years ago and the time when we have to watch saints from our armchair is approaching fast
    Sad times.

Maybe it is time for ISSA and campaign for better disabled access

Learning All The Songs

Out of interest, how many folks parked on Tesco last night? It seemed rather full and after the match a lot of traffic was leaving the car park!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Out of interest, how many folks parked on Tesco last night? It seemed rather full and after the match a lot of traffic was leaving the car park!
    When I went shopping their one afternoon last week I didn't see any signage about restricted parking on match days.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    When I went shopping their one afternoon last week I didn't see any signage about restricted parking on match days.

No. And whilst they have just one sign not mentioning it (and instead stating the old 3 hour time limit) then they haven't got a legal leg to stand on. From a legal perspective, they would need to sue you for breach of contract, but you would destroy their case by insisting you had read the old sign saying you had 3 hours. You'd be awarded costs from them. It just isn't worth the scumbags taking you to court. Even without that old sign, they'd have to establish who the driver was at the time and sue them - they have no right to assume the owner/keeper of the car was driving at the time.

These parking parasite companies just try it on, attempting to extort money from vulnerable people who don't know their rights. Like I've said before, I must have had over 20 in the past decade, and never paid a penny. None have taken me to court. There are draft letter wordings on Martin Lewis's 'moneysavingexpert' website that you can use (and the con operated by these scumbags is explained), the first step is to formally request they establish who the driver at the time was, because they just write to the owner/keeper of the car. I usually just ignore, ignore, ignore and they eventually stop their threatening letters.

Technically, you can park on any private car park without paying and they'd have to go to the trouble & expense of sueing the driver at the time.

I've all but boycotted that Tesco for shopping since they brought this in, though. Tesco make on average £hundreds-of-millions in year in profit. They really don't need to do this.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    Sad times.

Maybe it is time for ISSA and campaign for better disabled access
    Joking apart, it sounds like a need for some sort of 'car sharing/drop' off scheme, where an able driver can 'deliver' to a suitable spot by the stadium, then go off and legally park somewhere.
    As ISSA minibus maybe?

Would a return taxi from Chalon Way be too much hassle for your Dad?
    As you say, it's not a good way to end attending live games!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    No. And whilst they have just one sign not mentioning it (and instead stating the old 3 hour time limit) then they haven't got a legal leg to stand on. From a legal perspective, they would need to sue you for breach of contract, but you would destroy their case by insisting you had read the old sign saying you had 3 hours. You'd be awarded costs from them. It just isn't worth the scumbags taking you to court. Even without that old sign, they'd have to establish who the driver was at the time and sue them - they have no right to assume the owner/keeper of the car was driving at the time.

These parking parasite companies just try it on, attempting to extort money from vulnerable people who don't know their rights. Like I've said before, I must have had over 20 in the past decade, and never paid a penny. None have taken me to court. There are draft letter wordings on Martin Lewis's 'moneysavingexpert' website that you can use (and the con operated by these scumbags is explained), the first step is to formally request they establish who the driver at the time was, because they just write to the owner/keeper of the car. I usually just ignore, ignore, ignore and they eventually stop their threatening letters.

Technically, you can park on any private car park without paying and they'd have to go to the trouble & expense of sueing the driver at the time.

I've all but boycotted that Tesco for shopping since they brought this in, though. Tesco make on average £hundreds-of-millions in year in profit. They really don't need to do this.
    So if they have just the one sign saying 3 hours then surely that would make the others ambiguous, better still park up at the old 3 hours sign and take a photo with the car under it. Around 25 years ago I got done for parking on private ground and found the sign on the gable end of the pub 20 feet up and very difficult to read. I waited until they were going to take me to court then posted a £20 cheque that I superglued to a house brick..............they cashed the cheque + brick at the bank, wished I had been there to see the cashiers face.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Can't help feeling Saints have missed a trick with parking as there is unused land between the petrol station and the car garage and could have provided a good income on match days. On the tesco front I fell victim by to the parking police by being a few mins over the 3 hours on one of Jonny's testimonial nights so I now boycott tesco for shopping and petrol and I reckon that's cost them 5k a year from me.
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Can't help feeling Saints have missed a trick with parking as there is unused land between the petrol station and the car garage and could have provided a good income on match days. On the tesco front I fell victim by to the parking police by being a few mins over the 3 hours on one of Jonny's testimonial nights so I now boycott tesco for shopping and petrol and I reckon that's cost them 5k a year from me.

What do you drive? A Ferrari?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    What do you drive? A Ferrari?
    If you do your weekly 'big shop' in Tesco that's, say, £100/week, then that's £5k a year there in itself.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Joking apart, it sounds like a need for some sort of 'car sharing/drop' off scheme, where an able driver can 'deliver' to a suitable spot by the stadium, then go off and legally park somewhere.
    As ISSA minibus maybe?

Would a return taxi from Chalon Way be too much hassle for your Dad?
    As you say, it's not a good way to end attending live games!
    Which is exactly as I do . John Murphy = not a very approachable man whatsoever, informed me I was next on the list LAST YEAR for the next available disabled spot , when I tried to contact him for an update for this year on many occasions I was absolutely blanked , if anyone from the club happens to read my post (which I have been informed they do) tell him jm that is thank you for his ignorance , and don't worry I save all correspondence .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would