Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tesco Car Park

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Tesco Car Park

To all those fans who park on Tesco’s car park , be aware that Tesco’s have reduced their “free parking “ time from 3 hours to 1 and a half hours !

Banned

Great

Starting A Programme Collection

Also , from next Tuesday , Birchley Street Car Park will become a pay and display car park so you need to get your ticket as soon as you park your car instead of when you leave !

Learning All The Songs

WTF..... I wonder why Tesco's have done that? It's not as though the car park is ever busy on a Thursday or Friday night. Does anyone know if other Tesco's (Warrington) have the same rules.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    WTF..... I wonder why Tesco's have done that? It's not as though the car park is ever busy on a Thursday or Friday night. Does anyone know if other Tesco's (Warrington) have the same rules.
    Because it's their car park and they are not benefiting from people parking there for a long time on match days ?

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

Yep Warrington Tesco always has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

Banned

Judging by Tesco staff the car park attendants won't be upto much anyway.

Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Judging by Tesco staff the car park attendants won't be upto much anyway.
    Camera controlled I think

@RedveeDotNet

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Because it's their car park and they are not benefiting from people parking there for a long time on match days ?
    I always go in on match day for my bottle of lucozade & bar of chocolate. Gonna stop doing that now.

In The South Stand

I always go in on match day for my bottle of lucozade & bar of chocolate. Gonna stop doing that now.
    Fair enough ,but of the hundreds that also park there how many don't spend anything? And there is the problem in a nutshell. Maybe they should make it pay and display on match days ? Shoppers can claim it back with a valid shopping reciept ( minimum spend of a fiver maybe )

Learning All The Songs

Fair enough ,but of the hundreds that also park there how many don't spend anything? And there is the problem in a nutshell. Maybe they should make it pay and display on match days ? Shoppers can claim it back with a valid shopping reciept ( minimum spend of a fiver maybe )
    Or maybe a similar system to what they have at Cockhedge in Warrington, 2 hours free no need for a ticket, anything more you need to get one. Pretty much the best of both worlds if they want to stop people using the car park and not going shopping as they at least get the ticket fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Or maybe a similar system to what they have at Cockhedge in Warrington, 2 hours free no need for a ticket, anything more you need to get one. Pretty much the best of both worlds if they want to stop people using the car park and not going shopping as they at least get the ticket fee.
    I'd assume because Cockhedge provides general town centre parking for its shopping centre and town centre parking. St Helens Tesco is for Tesco Customers only.

It isn't up to Tesco to provide Rugby League fans with free parking.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'd assume because Cockhedge provides general town centre parking for its shopping centre and town centre parking. St Helens Tesco is for Tesco Customers only.

It isn't up to Tesco to provide Rugby League fans with free parking.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    You are right it isnt up to Tesco to provide parking for Saints, but since they do use the same site it would not be too much of a stretch to work out something that makes sense for all. All this does is move people who parked on Tesco to the surrounding streets because people wont want to pay to park in town and walk over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    You are right it isnt up to Tesco to provide parking for Saints, but since they do use the same site it would not be too much of a stretch to work out something that makes sense for all. All this does is move people who parked on Tesco to the surrounding streets because people wont want to pay to park in town and walk over.
    I used to park on chalon way car park but with having copd I now find it difficult to walk that far nowadays without getting breathless so it looks as though I will have to rely on friends or family to drop me off and pick me up after the game

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

I honestly don't think it is a problem though. The car park is huge and ample space. I'm sure many that take the opportunity to park on match night so bob in and buy things.
    I suspect they have scored an own goal here.
    I generally walk so not fussed but I think it's over zealous to be honest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I honestly don't think it is a problem though. The car park is huge and ample space. I'm sure many that take the opportunity to park on match night so bob in and buy things.
    I'd of thought the same to be honest, the few times I've parked on there I've gone in and picked a few bits up just to let the traffic and crowds clear a bit.

Noooobie

Quite apart from the Saints parking aspect, my wife & I often park in Tesco, walk across the bridge (for exercise), do a bit of shopping in town, then come back and shop in Tesco. Won't have parking time to shop in Tesco now. In any case 1.5 hours would be a bit tight if we wanted to have a leisurely meal in the cafe, and then do a big shop. Safer to avoid, and use Morrisons instead.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    What they should do is allow 2+ hours free parking if you put a stamped up till receipt on the dashboard on say a minimum spend of 60p ie packet of mints.

Learning All The Songs

I suppose all these people bemoaning the loss of free parking on private land, would welcome me parking on their drive whenever I felt the need to?

Noooobie

I always go in on match day for my bottle of lucozade & bar of chocolate.
    That kind of attitude is one of the very reasons this has occurred. They know what people are doing and clamping down on it.
    The car park behind the cinema/pizza hut have also installed camera's that limit to two hours. It's upgraded to six hours only if you enter your car reg in the installed terminals of the businesses.

At the end of the day, if it wasn't being abused then it wouldn't have happened.
    Last edited by Sherdleyboy; 18th January 2020 at 19:24.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sherdleyboy View Post
    That kind of attitude is one of the very reasons this has occurred. They know what people are doing and clamping down on it.
    The car park behind the cinema/pizza hut have also installed camera's that limit to two hours. It's upgraded to six hours only if you enter your car reg in the installed terminals of the businesses.

At the end of the day, if it wasn't ebing abused then it wouldn't have happened.
    The fact that you have to pay to park in town is a joke in itself, the council have some cheek asking people to pay for parking for the quality of shops we have in the town centre. You could quite easily get more people parking on the car parks in town on game day and walking over, possibly bring more footfall to the pubs/restaurants before and after the game.

Banned

At the end of the day, if it wasn't ebing abused then it wouldn't have happened.
    Eh? What's the issue with someone parking up on Tesco, spending a few quid in there and leaving their car to go to the game? Surely they're better off making £3 than nothing and having an empty car park. It's not like they're suddenly going to be awash with shoppers at 8 on a Friday night because they've clamped down on fans parking there.

Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,

Hour and a half free.

Those who wish to can pay the day rate of £3 to park on the car park via Horizon Parking’s website, if you do require a quick get away.

https://horizonspaces.co.uk/locations/show/4294945188

@RedveeDotNet

Learning All The Songs

At the end of the day, if it wasn't being abused then it wouldn't have happened.
    WTF..... parking on a two thirds empty car park then calling in before kick off for a few snacks is not abusing it IMO. If I am not going to park there in future then I don't call in for snacks anymore.

Seems petty to me on Tesco's part.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Eh? What's the issue with someone parking up on Tesco, spending a few quid in there and leaving their car to go to the game?
    Nothing...but people doing this are a minority.
    I don't see why people are complaining about this really, they are only bringing the store in line with other stores. There are plenty of car parks within walking distance of the ground.

You've only got to look at the cars parked along Burtonhead Rd and Jackson Street to see that people will do anything to save a few quid. I hope the council start to book those as well.