Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best prop in the world headed to Belmore

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The worse I had was in the cargo area at the back of Helsinki airport - 34.
    Bet you've been to Elevenerife too lol.

This is the coldest I've witnessed.

Starting A Programme Collection

Or a rough diamond like Mauri F

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post

I don't know about Elevenerife, but I am currently enjoying Tenerife.

Got A Season Ticket

You obviously never went to Watersheddings

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I don't know about Elevenerife, but I am currently enjoying Tenerife.
    I'll bet you are. You have more air miles than the RAF.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    You obviously never went to Watersheddings
    I certainly have, and seen them clearing snow off the pitch, probably only topped by Batley and Central dump for being cold at a game.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I certainly have, and seen them clearing snow off the pitch, probably only topped by Batley and Central dump for being cold at a game.
    Try Oldham St Annes amateur club. Coldest pitch in the universe, feels like Alaska in July up there, especially with a bunch of frozen U10s

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Try Oldham St Annes amateur club. Coldest pitch in the universe, feels like Alaska in July up there, especially with a bunch of frozen U10s
    Amen to that. Pitch rock hard

Banned

Littleborough RU for me so not far away from Oldham, ridiculously muddy pitches too if it wasn't turning your fingers blue.

Littleborough RU for me so not far away from Oldham, ridiculously muddy pitches too if it wasn't turning your fingers blue.
    A terrible place to play, the wind always seemed to be blowing a gale whenever I turned out there. In later years, when I was driving over to Yorkshire to watch a Saints game, I always has a slight shudder when looking down on their pitches from the M62.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    A terrible place to play, the wind always seemed to be blowing a gale whenever I turned out there. In later years, when I was driving over to Yorkshire to watch a Saints game, I always has a slight shudder when looking down on their pitches from the M62.
    I know what you mean.

I nearly broke my bloody neck there because of the pitch causing me to slip going into a tackle and getting my head position wrong.

In The South Stand

Waterhead in Oldham was the only place i was ever cold playing league,it was always cold and wet and the pitch was really muddy.

Got A Season Ticket

Saddleworth was the coldest I have ever been playing Rugby. Watersheddings the coldest I have ever been watching Saints

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Literally had to duck into bars etc every 30 minutes or so, or you would feel your body starting to get lethargic and shutting down.

You sure it wasn't the frequent visits into bars that wasn't causing the lethargy and shutting down?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nutgrovesaint View Post
    Saddleworth was the coldest I have ever been playing Rugby. Watersheddings the coldest I have ever been watching Saints

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Waterhead in Oldham was the only place i was ever cold playing league,it was always cold and wet and the pitch was really muddy.

Lol I played for St Anne’s, at home and away at sheddings, Waterhead and Saddleworth Rangers years ago, and being a local lad (I still go for a pint at St Anne’s and live 20 minutes walk away) I can vouch for how cold they could all be.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Interesting to hear Thompson say he is currently in talks with Saints during his post-game interview on Friday. Hopefully a positive outcome will arise.

Noooobie

Already signed for Bulldogs

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Interesting to hear Thompson say he is currently in talks with Saints during his post-game interview on Friday. Hopefully a positive outcome will arise.
    Well, this aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson1994 View Post
    Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
    Canterbury have emerged as outright favourites to land the prized signature of the Englishman rated the “best prop in the world”.
    In what would be a massive boost for the rebuilding Bulldogs, St Helens hard man Luke Thompson is expected to make an announcement on his future in the coming days.
    Gold Coast is the other club in the chase while the New Zealand Warriors have come in late and hard with a big offer.
    Initially 11 NRL clubs expressed some interest in signing Thompson for the 2021 season but it is now down to three with the Bulldogs said to be leading the charge
    In the Titans’ favour is that Thompson also has a connection with new coach Justin Holbrook from their time together at St Helens.
    The talk is Thompson is set to earn in the vicinity of $700,000 a season which is massive money but understandable given teammate Alex Walmsley’s huge rap last year.
    Walmsley declared that Thompson was the world’s best prop following a man of the match performance in the Super League grand final.
    Thompson is only 24 but has already made more than 150 Super League appearances for St Helens.
    He has also earned tremendous respect among his English Test teammates, with the Canberra Raiders’ Pommy connection in particular trying their hardest to get him to the Raiders.
    In the end Canberra simply didn’t have the salary cap space to match the offers elsewhere.
    Thompson would be a huge acquisition for the Bulldogs who are trying to fight their way back into finals contention.
    Although Thompson is contracted to St Helens for the 2020 Super League season, there has been some talk that he may come to Australia early.
    St Helens have stated categorically that they won’t let that happen but it could possibly change if an NRL club was willing to cough up a significant transfer fee.
    Although it is unlikely to eventuate regardless, it is worth noting that any money paid for a transfer fee is not included in the NRL salary cap

Posted over here in aus today
    Apologies mate. You were right

Reading that post that Ralph has quoted I wonder if that will come to fruition and they'll try and get him over early by paying a fee

I would definitely look to do that if I was in charge of Canterbury, especially with it not counting against cap. Why wait to improve the team when you can do it now?