Jungle Out There Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 49 of 49

Thread: England

  1. #26
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,464
    Rep Power
    23

  2. #27
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,373
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    What's the point?

  3. #28
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,464
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    What's the point?
    At this time. No idea. Just happy to see Hill out.

  4. #29
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    I've just seen a new advert on TV for the Rugby World Cup 2021.

    "Hurry as the ballot for tickets ends on 16 November 2020".

    Watch you don't get crushed in the stampede.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #30
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I've just seen a new advert on TV for the Rugby World Cup 2021.

    "Hurry as the ballot for tickets ends on 16 November 2020".

    Watch you don't get crushed in the stampede.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was a horrible advert that reinforces the stereotypes we need to change.

  6. #31
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,373
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    At this time. No idea. Just happy to see Hill out.
    I couldn't give a toss about Hill. I'd rather see none of our players there at the moment.

  7. #32
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,997
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    It was a horrible advert that reinforces the stereotypes we need to change.
    Haven't seen it. I dread to think

  8. #33
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,997
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I couldn't give a toss about Hill. I'd rather see none of our players there at the moment.
    I just wanted a good weekend in London

  9. #34
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I just wanted a good weekend in London
    I think those times have long gone. I wouldn't go to London for a gold clock personally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #35
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,373
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I just wanted a good weekend in London
    The government have banned those mate, along with most other enjoyable things.

    Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I think those times have long gone. I wouldn't go to London for a gold clock personally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    London is good if you know where you're going, as you say though, there's very little hope for this year.

  11. #36
    In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,331
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I was really looking forward to the test match and seeing that new Spurs stadium, had my Shepherds Bush premier inn booked and everything..

  12. #37
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Jump on 73 bus outside Kings Cross to Stoke Newington and find the Auld Schalaleigh. 4.50 a pint the best Guinness you will get, not the extra cold, the proper stuff, it takes 5 minutes to pull it. London is briliant, I am lucky I worked there in the eighties for two years roughing it, now I get or did get paid well to go and enjoy it. De Hems and the French Bar in Soho is worth a twirl, and watching Georgie Fame in Ronnie Scott's three years ago was unreal. I just wish our game could take off, but the Skolars will be the best it gets.

  13. #38
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    I was really looking forward to the test match and seeing that new Spurs stadium, had my Shepherds Bush premier inn booked and everything..
    When your next down there pal, go up to Ally Pally in Wood Green. The view of the Spurs stadium is unreal.

  14. #39
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,784
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    When your next down there pal, go up to Ally Pally in Wood Green. The view of the Spurs stadium is unreal.
    I'm going the Emirates Semi Final if it happens.. looking for a premier Inn early doors at the end of this month..

    Went London about two years ago with a 3 year old, he loved it, went everywhere by bus which was a much more pleasant experience than using the underground..

    Hopefully make a weekend of it next year

  15. #40
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    West London is lovely, but if you want to show the kids real London look at the east end around Hackney. A lot to see and do around spittle fields and Brick Lane. A great open air lido as well.

  16. #41
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,373
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Cyprus has been googling things to do in London.

  17. #42
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    under the laughing tree
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I've just seen a new advert on TV for the Rugby World Cup 2021.

    "Hurry as the ballot for tickets ends on 16 November 2020".

    Watch you don't get crushed in the stampede.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are they having another World Cup, i thought they’d just had one last year or the year before ?.

  18. #43
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,464
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Jump on 73 bus outside Kings Cross to Stoke Newington and find the Auld Schalaleigh. 4.50 a pint the best Guinness you will get, not the extra cold, the proper stuff, it takes 5 minutes to pull it. London is briliant, I am lucky I worked there in the eighties for two years roughing it, now I get or did get paid well to go and enjoy it. De Hems and the French Bar in Soho is worth a twirl, and watching Georgie Fame in Ronnie Scott's three years ago was unreal. I just wish our game could take off, but the Skolars will be the best it gets.
    Saw Georgie fame perform in a hotel in Bahrain about 1982. Very small audience and he invited a few of us back to his suite after.

  19. #44
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    under the laughing tree
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Next yearís RLWC could be postponed with the way things are going. I donít really know if thatíd be a good or bad thing for the game, but things never run smoothly for RL, if the people running the game are not making a mess of it, then a plague comes along. The fella who is organising the competition seems to be doing a decent job(i donít know his name) and things looked quite positive until the meddling Coronavirus came along and put a spanner in the works. I do love an international game and itís the only time we get a bit of coverage in the press. We get noticed a bit more in the papers and on tv, more than a SL match between Wakefield/Huddersfield.

  20. #45
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    [QUOTE=Angry Dave;805161]Cyprus has been googling things to do in London.[/QUOTE

    Good mate spent half my life there till this year. It's not for this forum but best place in the world with a few bob in your pocket. Marmalade isn't just for breakfast Dave.

  21. #46
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    The government have banned those mate, along with most other enjoyable things.



    London is good if you know where you're going, as you say though, there's very little hope for this year.
    I used to go regularly for meetings in different places over a number of years. Not for me now I'm afraid.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #47
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,373
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    [QUOTE=Cyprus;805165]
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Cyprus has been googling things to do in London.[/QUOTE

    Good mate spent half my life there till this year. It's not for this forum but best place in the world with a few bob in your pocket. Marmalade isn't just for breakfast Dave.
    was only winding you up. Used to be based on Eastbourne Terrace at the side of Paddington, tried to make sure I went there at least once a month.

  23. #48
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,698
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I can't see any way in which the World Cup will go ahead next year. It seems unlikely that there will be anywhere near full capacity venues allowed by then, international travel will still probably be restricted and the Aussies generally don't like travelling in the best of circumstances.

    They will have planned to use this years Ashes series as the marketing campaign for the RLWC, especially in London, so p re-sales on tickets must be almost zero.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

  24. #49
    In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,331
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    When your next down there pal, go up to Ally Pally in Wood Green. The view of the Spurs stadium is unreal.
    I'll keep that in mind.. Cheers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •