Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mose Masoe

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    It does sound a worse injury than the one Alex suffered from by the very fact that Alex will probably have more detail and has found it necessary to create this fund raise for Mose. The main thing is that he gets the feelings back into his legs and recovers to lead a normal life outside of rugby at least.

Horrible thing to happen. All the best Mose

Learning All The Songs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Jeez, heavy that and a very sad read. Rugby League having a really tough time at the moment with this and the diagnosis for Rob Burrow, but good to see the sport rallying around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Starting A Programme Collection

I'm sure Saints will arrange something, first thoughts why not a bucket collection at the World Club Challenge game, together with other fund raising events around the game, hopefully it will be a sell out and all extra revenue could go to the cause

In The South Stand

Very sad and I can only hope and pray things turn out OK. It would be very hard not to like Mose with that grin of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I'm sure Saints will arrange something, first thoughts why not a bucket collection at the World Club Challenge game, together with other fund raising events around the game, hopefully it will be a sell out and all extra revenue could go to the cause
    Didn't Mose begin his career at the Roosters? Seems a fitting idea.

Banned

Fantastic idea and I really hope it happens. The corporate side will be full for that event as well. Like we all know it's a tough game and it's not footballer money.

Banned

Neil is very much like Eamon a very clever and professional guy. He will do the right thing by Mose.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Sad news. I hope he makes a decent enough recovery to get on with the rest of his life (assuming that he can't play RL any longer)

Thinking about this more generally, shouldn't there be some sort of insurance cover for the players, maybe provided by the clubs or the governing body, to cover what is after all an 'industrial injury'?

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    There is one at the LMS testimonial but it'd be good if another was arranged at a better attended game. Wish him all the best, another frightning reminder how things can change in an instant.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Sad news. I hope he makes a decent enough recovery to get on with the rest of his life (assuming that he can't play RL any longer)

Thinking about this more generally, shouldn't there be some sort of insurance cover for the players, maybe provided by the clubs or the governing body, to cover what is after all an 'industrial injury'?
    I’m not a whizz on insurance and understand what you’re saying but who would be made liable? It sounds like it was an innocuous tackle. I would have thought the players’ insurance is effectively their contract of employment, if injured the team will still honour it, as contracts only tend to be a couple of years there isn’t any permanency in their employment therefore not lifelong cover. In unfortunate circumstances like this unless their is proof of malpractice or unlawfulness I imagine the players only option would to be claim (which I hope it doesn’t come to) injury benefit.

I really hope the best for Mose and hope he makes a good recovery. Loved him at Saints, and was gutted when he left. I remember his performances against Wigan and nailing McIlorum. Seems a great bloke too. Great to see LMS having a bucket collection for him on Sunday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    I’m not a whizz on insurance and understand what you’re saying but who would be made liable? It sounds like it was an innocuous tackle. I would have thought the players’ insurance is effectively their contract of employment, if injured the team will still honour it, as contracts only tend to be a couple of years there isn’t any permanency in their employment therefore not lifelong cover. In unfortunate circumstances like this unless their is proof of malpractice or unlawfulness I imagine the players only option would to be claim (which I hope it doesn’t come to) injury benefit.

I really hope the best for Mose and hope he makes a good recovery. Loved him at Saints, and was gutted when he left. I remember his performances against Wigan and nailing McIlorum. Seems a great bloke too. Great to see LMS having a bucket collection for him on Sunday.
    Jesus Christ, why even bring this up when a man is lying in a hospital bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Jesus Christ, why even bring this up when a man is lying in a hospital bed?
    I presume Kentish Barry - as we all do - want protection for players who are seriously injured?

Banned

I presume Kentish Barry - as we all do - want protection for players who are seriously injured?
    I didn't say otherwise.

In The South Stand

The statement from Hull KR is a pretty odd one. It started off sounding positive, with the suggestion of an eventual return to the game for Mose. Then it seemed to get darker as the article went on. I guess the overall picture is that they're not sure what will happen from here and it's too early to tell what the prognosis is? Best of luck to Mose, hopefully Saints and Hull KR can get their heads together and come up with something to go along with the collection that has already started.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I didn't say otherwise.
    No, you asked why it was brought up.

Banned

Let's keep it about Mose and give what we can when we can.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Let's keep it about Mose and give what we can when we can.
    Well said.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

This IS about Mose.
    Don't get me wrong folks! It's wonderful to see the spontaneous generosity that the RL community is so good at with this sort of thing, but we should be concerned if the sport itself doesn't have this covered in some way. Maybe they have?
    I'm not talking about claims against another party here. More a sort of 'critical illness' type insurance cover. Like RS, I'm not a whizz on insurance. I don't know if it's even available, and I can understand the difficulties in covering short term contracts...But I think we should be asking the question as well as just giving.

Banned

No, you asked why it was brought up.
    What I meant was why were you bringing up player insurance? Although I can see why now. In my experience of these things I'd imagine he'd be well covered by the club and would also have personal insurance. As said, let's keep it about the big fella.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    This IS about Mose.
    Don't get me wrong folks! It's wonderful to see the spontaneous generosity that the RL community is so good at with this sort of thing, but we should be concerned if the sport itself doesn't have this covered in some way. Maybe they have?
    I'm not talking about claims against another party here. More a sort of 'critical illness' type insurance cover. Like RS, I'm not a whizz on insurance. I don't know if it's even available, and I can understand the difficulties in covering short term contracts...But I think we should be asking the question as well as just giving.

Clubs will have a policy to indemnify players against serious injury. I'm pretty sure it's a standard requirement of all clubs competing in RL (I think even amateur clubs need to have it, and the surge in premiums - due to an increase in claims - in the 90's and 00's caused financial problems for amateur clubs)

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Clubs will have a policy to indemnify players against serious injury. I'm pretty sure it's a standard requirement of all clubs competing in RL (I think even amateur clubs need to have it, and the surge in premiums - due to an increase in claims - in the 90's and 00's caused financial problems for amateur clubs)
    Yeah Webbo there is insurance but it is capped, Alex McKinnon, I hope to God Mose injury is not that severe, got Aussie $500000 ( half that for sterling?) he got another $1,5000000 from fundraising/donations/events. He was quoted as saying to get him out of the bed it cost $100000 without his medical costs.
    This is an issue that needs discussing for exceptional circumstances, which once again I hope Mose is not one of these.
    You can safely say the health cover insurance for a non-national is capped, it is a very debatable topic.
    All the best Mose and lets hope to see you up and about even if your playing days are over.

I'm almost sure Jon Wilkin looked at this quite a few years back and became a representative for the professional players in welfare covering injuries. Didn't he have discussions with the RFL admin to cover issues that would extend towards long term life assurances after their sporting careers.

EDIT: double post