Jungle Out There Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KC interview

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I read the thread on here before I read the interview and found myself very surprised at peoples reactions.

Nothing wrong with that interview at all. Very honest in fact. He admits he would do things differently with hindsight and also admits to being as big a fan of the club as anyone.

Quite why anyone finds issue with this interview is beyond me. Yes he was an awful coach and yes he was arrogant at times but that interview was refreshingly honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Iím not sure what people want him to say

Got A Season Ticket

had he not gone into coaching . He would have been the clubs ambassador , loved by all forever more! He took the gamble to coach and it went incredibly tits up . Had he have been honest , stood down when he new it was a failed mission he would have gained credibility and respect and no doubt would have been held in great respect for trying his best to lead his team .

The bitterness and resentment would have gone had he have done that. Any bridges built over he last two and half years he has just burnt in that interview. Stunned reading it i really was

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Agreed. I’m not sure what people want him to say

I was a shit coach !

Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    I was a shit coach !
    And that he looked like a smash robot.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I think sadly Cunningham's coaching career and bizarre comments about the fans during that period will always tarnish his legacy and affection amongst some Saints fans now (not me btw).

Personally, I look at that period as one of the worst watching the club, so much so that I didn't want to go anymore, was apathetic towards the club and almost gave up my season ticket which I'd had since 1996.

The interview was quite honest though and he admits he would do things differently in hindsight which is fair enough. I did chuckle at his "if injuries hadn't occured and with the bounce of the ball" comment though, typical KC stubbornness that.

Awesome player though and still a legend in my eyes. His coaching career will be forgotten in time but everyone will be talking about him as a player in many years to come, like they do with Alex Murphy now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    And that he looked like a smash robot.

If red Vee did a post of the year award, this would be nominated hahahahaha

In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    I was a shit coach !
    And, I shouldn't have taken out my frustrations on the fans because I wasn't up to standard.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Agreed. Iím not sure what people want him to say
    Oh something like

I now understand that coaching isnít just about gameplans and tactics, there is more man management involved, is more about treating people with respect and getting people to perform at the top of their abilities. Unfortunately that is where I needed more experience. In hindsight I should have paid more attention to detail in managing the players on an individual level. I suppose that my playing career I always wanted to be the best and to perform at the top, but all people are different and need handling differently. Thatís where I struggled with the role.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Oh something like

I now understand that coaching isn’t just about gameplans and tactics, there is more man management involved, is more about treating people with respect and getting people to perform at the top of their abilities. Unfortunately that is where I needed more experience. In hindsight I should have paid more attention to detail in managing the players on an individual level. I suppose that my playing career I always wanted to be the best and to perform at the top, but all people are different and need handling differently. That’s where I struggled with the role.

Nail on the head

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Oh something like

I now understand that coaching isn’t just about gameplans and tactics, there is more man management involved, is more about treating people with respect and getting people to perform at the top of their abilities. Unfortunately that is where I needed more experience. In hindsight I should have paid more attention to detail in managing the players on an individual level. I suppose that my playing career I always wanted to be the best and to perform at the top, but all people are different and need handling differently. That’s where I struggled with the role.
    Spot on mate.

I thought it was quite an honest interview.
    What came through loud and clear was his love for the club.
    He was without peer for me as a player.
    His coaching career was without doubt a low point for me watching Saints in over 40 years. Whether it was down to inexperience, bloody mindedness or whatever.
    I have no issues separating the two parts of his career.
    I'd still like to think he would be treated with total respect if he showed up to watch the team as a spectator. In

Legendary player

Completely lacking in coaching ability unfortunately, don’t blame him for taking the job though

At the time I was surprised that he turned on the fans (and his own players at times) and hopefully that’s one thing he’s learnt from as it created a toxic atmosphere around the whole club