Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky gone

Learning All The Songs

Default Sky gone

Hi All,

I can’t afford Sky TV anymore so I’m dumping it in February. Does anyone know whether Saints have there own TV channel or whether I could see matches on YouTube anywhere please? I live in Cornwall and don’t get back up north very often so I will miss the rugby without sky.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    Hi All,

I can’t afford Sky TV anymore so I’m dumping it in February. Does anyone know whether Saints have there own TV channel or whether I could see matches on YouTube anywhere please? I live in Cornwall and don’t get back up north very often so I will miss the rugby without sky.

I believe there's a guy with a YouTube channel that posts games, but I can never remember the name - I'm sure someone will post a link, though.

Otherwise, you can take a chance with streaming, but they're unreliable and, for RL games at least, of poor quality.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I believe there's a guy with a YouTube channel that posts games, but I can never remember the name - I'm sure someone will post a link, though.

Otherwise, you can take a chance with streaming, but they're unreliable and, for RL games at least, of poor quality.
    The guys name is shaun. Link to his channel below:

https://www.youtube.com/user/shaun123387

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I think you can buy like a 24 hour Sky Sports pass as well if you wanted to watch a game live.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Hi All,

Have you tried haggling with Sky? last year I got my monthly cost down by about £30 and got a Sky Q box thrown in.

In The South Stand

I was going to say the same thing I got mine a lot cheaper , if you haven't told them you are packing up yet them open the conversation with " I want to close my account or similar and the next people that you will be speaking to are the retentions people , they don't like losing customers , good luck.

Learning All The Songs

Thanks everyone

Learning All The Songs

Check out the Sky Sports Mobile TV app. It's something like £6 per month. It isn't full HD quality but it's handy enough for watching on your phone and still looks fine if you cast it to your TV. Been using it for years and using the money saved on holidays each year.

In The South Stand

I can reiterate what others have said about contacting SKY telling them you're leaving. They're really keen to hang on to you and will reduce rates considerably. It's a bit like car/bike insurance, don't just accept what they ask for!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Yeah , I live in Thailand , stream all sports for about £8.00 per mth absolute Godsend . Get all Saints games & NRL that are televised , not always 100% but better than nowt . Cannot wait for this seasons game to start .

Hi All,

Good lad for dumping it

Banned

The missus was on about getting rid the other day. I can see her point to be fair as I bet between the 3 of us we only watch 20 channels regular and a few of them are sports.

IPTV seems to be the way forward.

Got A Season Ticket

Hi All,

Hi, is NOW TV not worth a look at - no contract and pay as you go or need - I am thinking of ditching Sky also prices up quality of sport down

Got A Season Ticket

I ditched sky years ago , haven't missed it at all. Get now tv and just have the sports package only , I've never paid more than £20 per month usually get a six month deal at that price . I just cancel when the six months is nearly up and never have to wait long for an email offering the same again. I know a few people who've got streaming services and they're even cheaper but a bit less reliable but still fairly good and also get every NRL game . Sky and BT are losing customers at an alarming rate mainly due to the stupid sums of money they've spent to acquire the football rights and they can offer real discounts to keep a customer .

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Must admit I'm thinking of getting rid of TV all together.
    I only have Sky for the rugby, I'm not a football fan and the Movie channels have no appeal to me.
    I don't watch Soap opera or reality shows on on the terrestrial channels.

Most of the time I'll have the TV on in the background but I could live without it.

Rarely watch telly these days, kids get a free run on it which never happened when I were a lad and it was the eld feller's telly and nobody touched it. We have Freeview and Now TV but despite being tempted, I have yet to shell out for a match.

In The South Stand

They really need to come up with a fairer system. If you buy both Sky Sports and BT Sport and Amazon, you're looking at £80 per month just for sport and before your broadband, phoneline and TV licence are added in. It's far too expensive with most of that subisidising the unsustainable investment in Premier League football. As we're seeing now, it won't be football that is squeezed as Sky and BT struggle, all the minority sports will be cut. And for that £80 you might get to watch your side play once a month.

Contrast to places like Singapore where you can watch every Premier League game for around £8 a month or Israel or India for £10 a month. Even Holland is around £15 a month. It's clear something has got to give and it's likely we'll see subscribers leave and Sky ultimately lose another chunk of games. Illegal services are likely to be the only option for many. My hope is that the culture in this country changes back again and pubs re-establish their place in the community.

Starting A Programme Collection

Since living overseas never had a telly , watch everything I need on laptop . Virtually stopped watching Premier League . England against South Africa yesterday was great .

Noooobie

I watch all the sky games on my PC. Doesn't cost a penny.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 100house View Post
    I watch all the sky games on my PC. Doesn't cost a penny.
    How do you do that?

Banned

How do you do that?
    You can stream all televised games, finding a decent stream it the hard part.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    You can stream all televised games, finding a decent stream it the hard part.
    Thanks Dave. I’m an IT idiot wouldnt know where to start!

Banned

Thanks Dave. I’m an IT idiot wouldnt know where to start!
    Inbox me later to remind me.

Noooobie

VIPLeague | Free Sports Streaming

Quote Originally Posted by 100house View Post
    VIPLeague | Free Sports Streaming
    Beware of virus
    Last edited by oldun; 11th January 2020 at 23:17.

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect