Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arson attack -Thatto Heath training barn

In The South Stand

Default Arson attack -Thatto Heath training barn

You may already know about this but over the weekend the training barn at Thatto Health ARLFC suffered an arson attack. Apparently there is CCTV of the culprits. However, the damage is extensive and although insurance covers some of the costs there will be implications such as increased premiums next year, loss of revenue, loss of venue for the many local groups of all kinds (not just those involved in rugby league) which use the barn.

Ste Webster has set up a crowdfunding page to raise money towards repair costs. If you can help, either by giving some money or by spreading the message online or IRL then that would be great.

Here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/thatto-he...cp+share-sheet

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

The CCTV has picked up who did it and they’ve been identified. Only a matter of time until the police catch up with him.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Very sad to hear bout this attack on what is a real community club serving not only rugby league but various groups in the area. There is some scum about

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    Very sad to hear bout this attack on what is a real community club serving not only rugby league but various groups in the area. There is some scum about
    I play footy in the barn on a friday night (in the off season or when Saints don't play fridays). Its decent in there and a good set up.

Recently, there has been some undesirables hanging about there. Disgraceful what's happened

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    The CCTV has picked up who did it and they’ve been identified. Only a matter of time until the police catch up with him.
    Great news. I'd like to see the culprit have to contribute to clearing up the mess both financially and through some good hard, old manual labour. Absolute oxygen thief.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

They should put him to work around the ground for the next year or so, prick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Great news. I'd like to see the culprit have to contribute to clearing up the mess both financially and through some good hard, old manual labour. Absolute oxygen thief.

Then have an hour's 'practice' with the TH pack.

I hate scum like this, who destroy stuff that means a lot other people, just for their own psychotic pleasure.

Banned

I know you can't name names, but is it someone known in the area?

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I know you can't name names, but is it someone known in the area?
    Yeah it’s a known toe rag. Teenager.

In The South Stand

How bad is the damage? The pictures on Twitter just show a hole in the side wall and possibly some of the astro-turf in a 3 x 3m area? If that's the limit of the damage, they have been very lucky the whole thing hasn't gone up. Hopefully there isn't any structural damage. I presume the building was also insured? It looks like a proper facility, so hopefully the owners will have insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    How bad is the damage? The pictures on Twitter just show a hole in the side wall and possibly some of the astro-turf in a 3 x 3m area? If that's the limit of the damage, they have been very lucky the whole thing hasn't gone up. Hopefully there isn't any structural damage. I presume the building was also insured? It looks like a proper facility, so hopefully the owners will have insurance?
    Yes they’re insurers mate. They got very lucky it didn’t bring the whole thing down and the fire brigade got to it when they did.

Banned

just scum. Never mind the outcome, make sure they and any known associates are named, shamed and pressured for as long as they choose to stay around.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Then have an hour's 'practice' with the TH pack.

I hate scum like this, who destroy stuff that means a lot other people, just for their own psychotic pleasure.
    100%. One thing about TH, it's a real tight community club. I know a few people involved in one way or another and I wouldn't mess with any of them. I doubt the person responsible will be able to show his face in the area again.

Learning All The Songs

The sad thing is that the culprit has probably got a string of offences against his name & will just get another slap on the wrists instead of a good slapping behind the shed.

Banned

in this instance expect both. The CCTV is in place, sadly when Blackbrook stand got done it wasn't in place.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Sad when this happens to community clubs. Guess the culprit is one of those who goes round acting all "gangsta" but hasn't the balls to get out on the pitch himself as he might get hurt.

Starting A Programme Collection

I was born & bred in Thatto Heath , not been back for years . Where was the Barn , probably off Scholes lane I would guess

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    I was born & bred in Thatto Heath , not been back for years . Where was the Barn , probably off Scholes lane I would guess
    Err that’s Portico not Thatto Heath. The club is at the back of the old Emanuel Mission, backing onto the clegg.

Banned

When the full details emerge regarding this scumbag and the community he was/is being dragged up in none of you will be shocked.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    When the full details emerge regarding this scumbag and the community he was/is being dragged up in none of you will be shocked.
    Wigan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Err that’s Portico not Thatto Heath. The club is at the back of the old Emanuel Mission, backing onto the clegg.
    The start of Scholes lane is bang in the middle of Thatto Heath near the Railway pub & St Austins church . Must admit tho' I thought it may have been on that field that is in Portico
    Last edited by fonsboy; 8th January 2020 at 04:31.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Wigan?
    Possibly from more to the west of the Parish?

2 of the group have been identified . Not sure if the police have been to see them yet so ill say no more .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Pikey scum?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    2 of the group have been identified . Not sure if the police have been to see them yet so ill say no more .
    Names?
    Need a good stoning for these scrotes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ5YU_spBw0