Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: He’s the reason source

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Default He’s the reason source

Obviously the Coote ‘He’s the reason’ song is bloody awesome. Just wondering if it’s a Saints fans original (the chant not the Oasis song obviously)? Never heard it anywhere before but starting to hear it elsewhere now, think the Everton fans might have a version now.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Obviously the Coote ‘He’s the reason’ song is bloody awesome. Just wondering if it’s a Saints fans original (the chant not the Oasis song obviously)? Never heard it anywhere before but starting to hear it elsewhere now, think the Everton fans might have a version now.
    I thought I heard Everton singing it over Christmas, and someone else. Couldn't make the words out though either time.

Wasn't it a Man City song?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

City documented using it from start of 2018/19 season for Ederson (although their version is lame as ••••)

https://twitter.com/FootyFansChants/...62152831041539

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Wasn't it a Man City song?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    It was against City thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I thought I heard Everton singing it over Christmas, and someone else. Couldn't make the words out though either time.
    The Everton one is for Richarlison. I can’t make much of it out but I think the opening rhyme is ‘he’s Brazilian’ with ‘f****ng brilliant’.

I think they’ve been singing it for a while so it may predate the Coote version.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The Everton one is for Richarlison. I can’t make much of it out but I think the opening rhyme is ‘he’s Brazilian’ with ‘f****ng brilliant’.

I think they’ve been singing it for a while so it may predate the Coote version.
    "He's Brazilian, he only cost £50m and we think he's f*** brilliant, Rich-arl-i-son"

Identical to City's apart from Edison instead of Richarlison and the price tag.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    "He's Brazilian, he only cost £50m and we think he's f*** brilliant, Rich-arl-i-son"

If I’m not mistaken the Everton/Richarlison song is a dig at Paul Merson. The actual fee was £30 odd million but Merson said Everton had ruined the transfer market by paying “£50m”,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stobartmassive View Post
    If I’m not mistaken the Everton/Richarlison song is a dig at Paul Merson. The actual fee was £30 odd million but Merson said Everton had ruined the transfer market by paying “£50m”,
    I'd love to have a dig at that muppet, I remember a few years ago he predicted we'd finish 17th or something. We finished 5th I think. Fat p***K.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post

When someone said Everton were singing a version, I was proper puzzled as they've not been top of the league this season - or any other in living memory.

I also wouldn't describe Richarlison as 'brilliant', 'f***ing' or otherwise. But then, 'distinctly average' doesn't scan very well. Nor does 'owned by a bunch of red teenagers' either, I guess.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    When someone said Everton were singing a version, I was proper puzzled as they've not been top of the league this season - or any other in living memory.

I also wouldn't describe Richarlison as 'brilliant', 'f***ing' or otherwise. But then, 'distinctly average' doesn't scan very well. Nor does 'owned by a bunch of red teenagers' either, I guess.
    I couldn't even eat my tea after that shit show. I had to go for a run and have a bath before I could calm down.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I couldn't even eat my tea after that shit show. I had to go for a run and have a bath before I could calm down.
    That second half was abysmal. I'd had a bet on you lot to win - got 5-1 about a week ago when it was clear we'd play a second-string; had come in to evns by kick-off. Thought you'd turned a corner as you got 11 from 15 since Silva left, during a fixture run that was as tough as any (then only losing 2-1 to Abu Dhabi Sportwashing FC). Maybe it was fatigue, maybe it was a mental block - but I was gobsmacked how poor your guys were that second half.

Ancelotti with a lot of work to do.