Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 'Marmite' Saints XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'll stop you at the first line. Absolute shite. Wello was a top player and now a good coach who's very well respected within the game.
    Point proven, I knew when I was writing that someone would stop at line one due to my sacrilege.

I was close to actually writing that down and predicting it. The only thing you didn't do was write you message in all caps.

Plus from what I have also heard Wello is a real up and comer as a coach. He hopefully has a big future in that role.
    Last edited by Noel Cleal; 9th January 2020 at 13:24.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Kyle Amor
    Never known a player whose form fluctuated so much between seasons, before his 'normal' became disappointing during Cunningham's time in charge. Another who has turned it round, his form for the past season and half being good.

Jamie Foster
    Another promising youngster who some took an instant dislike to (not really for rugby reasons...) when he burst onto the scene with some hugely promising displays and skill - and a superb kicker. Sadly, his confidence got destroyed and his form plummeted.
    I think these players have been considered either very good or very bad at Saints but typically Saints fans have agreed at different points at there careers if they are good at bad.

My assessments are similar to yours (and most others)

Foster was a good kid until he got big headed/lost confidence and was the main reason for Royce Simmons getting sacked.

Amor was a great player up until late KC and then seemed to fall off the wagon before returning to solid status in 2019.

I guess when he started there was perhaps a bigger divide in opinion as many fans thought that he needed to be more of a Brute. I remember him getting some stick for being a player that didn't stand up against Wigan enough.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Scott Moore I will always remember as the guy who cost us a grand final against Leeds.
    Gave away a stupid penalty when we were in front on the scoreboard and in control of the game. That penalty, as well as costing us an attacking opportunity directly lead to Shenton injury , change in momentum and the rest from there is history. Another GF loss to Leeds. Thanks Scott.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Shane Cooper, one of my all-time favourites but not everyone’s ideal.
    When Cooper didn’t play we always lost.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Joe Greenwood, Lee Gaskell, Peter Shiels, Julian O Neill, Michael O Connor.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Michael o Connor was an awesome player but I can safely say he was utter shite for Saints.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Michael o Connor was an awesome player but I can safely say he was utter shite for Saints.
    Possibly the most disappointing overseas signing ever.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I'll never forgive him for that Wembley performance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I'll never forgive him for that Wembley performance.
    My first Wembley that. Came home in tears after seeing some pie coach with 27-0 in the back window.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Mose Masoe
    A man-mountain who could scatter the opposition like skittles. But arrived unfit after a bust ankle (?) and struggled to be anything but a bit-part player here. Used badly by both Brown & Cunningham, who deployed precious little tactical cunning in how he was used. And castigated as 'lazy b*stard' by a large section of the fanbase.
    I’d have loved to see the Masoe that arrived under Nathan Brown at Saints under Holbrook. With the right coach and a little extra fitness he could have been hugely destructive for us in this team. Imagine being the opposition when you’ve spent a considerable amount of energy trying to contain Thompson & Walmsley and then when they go off you get a fired up Mose fresh off the bench. Would have complimented Lees really well too, not the biggest ball carrier but his energy in defence would cover a little of Masoe’s lethargy.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I’d have loved to see the Masoe that arrived under Nathan Brown at Saints under Holbrook. With the right coach and a little extra fitness he could have been hugely destructive for us in this team. Imagine being the opposition when you’ve spent a considerable amount of energy trying to contain Thompson & Walmsley and then when they go off you get a fired up Mose fresh off the bench. Would have complimented Lees really well too, not the biggest ball carrier but his energy in defence would cover a little of Masoe’s lethargy.
    Would have been a good combination under a coach that could get something out of the players.