Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season ticket sales?

Noooobie

I suspect this isn't a common problem, but there might be a few in the same situation. I live in Birmingham and my wife and I would love to go to more games, but Friday nights just don't work because of work and traffic. If there were a few more Saturday/Sunday games we could attend and bring our son. Unless you are in the town or very close, getting to games on Friday nights is very difficult, guess its the same problem for the away support that has been discussed earlier in the thread.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    I agree with what people have said about travelling on the M62 on a friday night unless you can set off early your pushing it to make kick off times most Friday's
    Cas have moved there games to Friday night this season from Sunday or almost all of them because of the anger it caused when Sunday games were switched at late notice to be on TV on a Thursday or Friday
    I think that was part of the reasoning for saints too, we're only actually on Sky twice at home that would change the game before may, the other being Good Friday..

However we're on much more at the back end of the season..

Personally I think there's a balance to be had and maybe we could have pencilled in about three or four home Sunday games out of the 13

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Sky could always just schedule their Friday TV games for the first 20 rounds (for example) to allow clubs to then schedule their home games accordingly. They schedule all the Thursday night games for that length of time so why not the Friday games as well?

That would allow all clubs to then schedule the days and kick off times for the non TV games amongst their first 10 home games when the fixtures are released. Sky would still be able to select the most important games for TV in the final 9 weeks closer to the time.

We have home games against Hudds, Hull KR and Wakefield that IMO should be Sunday afternoon games. They aren’t glamour fixtures, don’t attract massive gates and are in the early stage of the season. You could sell three game season tickets for 3 Sunday games, and it’d attract more away fans as well. Games like Wire, Wigan (when not on GF), Salford and maybe Leeds should be Friday night games, but some would be better at weekends.

Learning All The Songs

Just done the rugby quiz on love rugby and was surprised to find out Saint's had the highest average home attendance in Superleague.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Just done the rugby quiz on love rugby and was surprised to find out Saint's had the highest average home attendance in Superleague.
    Same here. I got that question wrong. Didn’t think we had the highest average attendance- if so, it’s a first.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Quite surprised by that thought it would have been the Whinos and just slightly better than the Goons. The 5600 fans at Dire in a super league play off game was a shocker.

11,910 was our average attendance, surpassing Leeds by 82.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    11,910 was our average attendance, surpassing Leeds by 82.
    That’s a damn good effort

Banned

Yes very good. 12000 would have been the cherry on the cake. Lets hope for a full house against Sydney.

I suppose you have to factor in Leeds awful season and the stadium situation plus we played Wigan three times at home but nevertheless it is still testament to the success the club have had. We’ve always lagged behind the big city teams Hull and Leeds in the past. Wigan’s support has dwindled over the years. I’m pretty sure they used to average 13-14,000 in the early years of SL.

Learning All The Songs

Is that average attendance including the Loop Fixtures ?. I think if you just had the regular eleven home games then i think we’d be behind Leeds etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Is that average attendance including the Loop Fixtures ?. I think if you just had the regular eleven home games then i think we’d be behind Leeds etc etc.
    That’s over 15 Home fixtures. Leeds had 14.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    That’s over 15 Home fixtures. Leeds had 14.
    Myself i would just count the eleven regular home games. Playing the likes of a Wigan or Wire at home twice distorts the figures. Then the likes of Elstone will say “look the crowds are getting bigger and the game is becoming more popular”. Non-RL fan’s look at the set up and they think it is ridiculous.