Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rob Burrow

Got A Season Ticket

This is terrible news, especially in someone so young. All neurological diseases are very challenging as I know from personal experience with me and my wife, but MND has got to be the worst of them all. It is not just the physical aspects but also the emotional, mental and economic too. I hope Rob receives all the support he will undoubtedly need in the weeks and months ahead from his family, friends and the RL community. I wish him and his loved ones all the luck in the world.
    My nephew taught Rob at secondary school in Leeds in Design and Technology and said he was always polite, respectful and hardworking. Top lad who doesn't deserve this news.

Got A Replica Shirt St Christopher's Avatar

Great player. Saints have had couple of all time great scrum halves over the decades and Burrow would also be in that top five.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by St Christopher View Post
    Great player. Saints have had couple of all time great scrum halves over the decades and Burrow would also be in that top five.
    Good solid player and could be a handful when on song. Certainly made Saints pay on numerous occasions over the years - but always for me remained likeable as a person - not like some other Leeds players from that successful era for them.

Such sad news but I'm sure he will be determined to make the most of things, for himself and others, despite his condition.

All the best to him and his family for the future. The RL family will rally around I'm sure too.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The fundraising is going great guns, I made a small donation at 10-00am this morning and the amount raised was £56,534 just checked a few minutes ago its almost doubled to £106,449, be nice if Rob + family see £1/4 million.

Noooobie

Default Rugby League Family Help For Rob Burrow

I feel the Rugby League Family should show it’s support to Rob Burrow in his fight against MND in the following way:
    Each game Leeds play next season during the 7th minute of the game both sets of fans should join together in a minutes applause as a show of support for Rob and his family.
    Come on lets get behind Rob and support him.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

If anyone has any unique ben barba or sean long memorabilia they wish to sell I can sort a good donation to the rob burrow fund.

Can only echo the thoughts of others. A very brave man on and off the field

Learning All The Songs

I was in floods of tears watching the video. So very, very sad! Rob will fight this with the courage he showed on the rugby field. Always liked him despite him ripping Saints to shreds at times. Seems a genuinely nice bloke. Will pray for him and his family.
    MND, according to studies, has been linked to vigorous exercise and one study claimed that footballers are six times more likely to get it. Let’s hope that research finds a cure for what is truly a horrible disease!
    God bless you Rob.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    The fundraising is going great guns, I made a small donation at 10-00am this morning and the amount raised was £56,534 just checked a few minutes ago its almost doubled to £106,449, be nice if Rob + family see £1/4 million.
    Now over 135k

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Now over 135k
    For all the game's faults at administrative level, the rugby league family can always be relied on to come through. This is why I'm so proud of our game.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    First time I had donated on a site of this type. They have a target of 150k which it seems they will reach without problem. What happens when they reach the target, do they close it or keep going? Hope it is the latter. Anyone know?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    First time I had donated on a site of this type. They have a target of 150k which it seems they will reach without problem. What happens when they reach the target, do they close it or keep going? Hope it is the latter. Anyone know?
    The target is now £200k so I imagine they'll just keep increasing it once the targets are met. Over £150k raised now
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    The target is now £200k so I imagine they'll just keep increasing it once the targets are met. Over £150k raised now
    I don't know whether it is due to a legal issue or if it is just an editorial decision, but Sky and BBC have both covered Rob's plight, and while the BBC has an article about the fundraising, none of them have a link to it.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    I didn't know much about it either, says about 1 in 50,000 so think that's just percentages rather than anything else..

Incredibly sad news, very likeable person, playing a vital role in a team that caused us years of torment, but still incredibly respected..

Saw him in the summer, pushing a pram whilst on holiday which again hammers home how young a family he has.

Very sad news
    Watching the interviews, it's horrible to see how quickly the condition has taken hold of him.

I'm sure he was on SKY just a few months ago for Danny McGuire's last game. He seemed fine then.

One of the most exciting players of his generation and the SL era.

Thoughts and prayers to him and his family

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Les View Post
    This is terrible news, especially in someone so young. All neurological diseases are very challenging as I know from personal experience with me and my wife, but MND has got to be the worst of them all. It is not just the physical aspects but also the emotional, mental and economic too. I hope Rob receives all the support he will undoubtedly need in the weeks and months ahead from his family, friends and the RL community. I wish him and his loved ones all the luck in the world.
    My nephew taught Rob at secondary school in Leeds in Design and Technology and said he was always polite, respectful and hardworking. Top lad who doesn't deserve this news.
    Yes I believe in his interviews it showed him as a very humble down to earth human being and as usual it is the good guy's who seem to fare the worst. I always admired him as a player and a person. To me he was the archetypal scrum half, fast, elusive and brave and most of all committed to his team mates. Yes Saints suffered more than anyone during Leeds pomp but you couldn't not admire their commitment and spirit typified by Rob Burrow.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Sky showing Sunday’s friendly Leeds V Bradford 3pm..featuring Rob Burrow playing for last time. Nice touch by Sky.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Yes I believe in his interviews it showed him as a very humble down to earth human being and as usual it is the good guy's who seem to fare the worst. I always admired him as a player and a person. To me he was the archetypal scrum half, fast, elusive and brave and most of all committed to his team mates. Yes Saints suffered more than anyone during Leeds pomp but you couldn't not admire their commitment and spirit typified by Rob Burrow.
    I agree

As a rival supporter, you tend to naturally have a disliking of players from certain teams but Burrow always struck me as one of the good guys at Leeds when i couldn't stand Sinfield, Jones Buchannan and Maguire when they played.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    I agree

As a rival supporter, you tend to naturally have a disliking of players from certain teams but Burrow always struck me as one of the good guys at Leeds when i couldn't stand Sinfield, Jones Buchannan and Maguire when they played.
    You can also put Ryan Bailey at the top of that list.

Learning All The Songs

Had something in my eye at the end of the Leeds game seeing Rob Burrow with his kids, great Bloke great Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Had something in my eye at the end of the Leeds game seeing Rob Burrow with his kids, great Bloke great Pro.
    It was heartbreaking listening to how much his voice has changed, I think thats what got Barrie Mac when he broke down. Credit to JJB for making his own testimonial about Rob Burrow. Classy move.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Noooobie

Was an incredibly emotional end seeing Burrow being interviewed and how much his voice had changed and seemingly how much his condition is progressing.

Today did however prove the Rugby League Family is the best in the entire world.

Rob Burrow is a true champion.

In The South Stand

A genuine outpouring of emotion from players and pundits. Well done to everyone involved, from SKY to the ex players who turned up, to the fans. this is what makes our sport special. Respect for decent human beings from decent human beings. Great to see principles being put before filthy lucre. So sad to hear Robs voice, it's a terrible disease for anyone to be afflicted with. Well done again to all concerned, it sums up what RL is all about.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Those grand final defeats to Leed were awful and Burrow was one of those who tore us apart. I've tried for years to forget about them, but after watching the game even I couldn't take those win away from Burrow. Absolutely heartbreaking and as a club, we've been in a similar position in such awful circumstances. All the best Rob and credit to JJB and Leeds for todays showing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Absolutely heartbreaking watching that last 10 minutes and the interviews today. Made me feel incredibly sad but so proud of our sport all at the same time. Never been able to look at so many Leeds players with actual admiration and almost affection before, and poor Barrie Mac, he was in bits. Very worrying to see the speed his speech is regressing at since the first interviews a very short time ago. Was hoping his fitness might hold him in good stead and delay the disease a bit. Very very sad.

Learning All The Songs

Truly heartbreaking. I had really good chat with him in a few years back in Florida. He was in Busch gardens and I had a saints top on. I spotted him and he come over chatting away. Such a nice down to earth lad. He even cracked jokes about not being tall enough to get on the big rides. My heart bleeds for him and his family. They must be so proud of him though.