Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rob Burrow

In The South Stand

Default Rob Burrow

It's been announced today that Rob Burrow, who only retired recently, has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease. Awful to hear that, a fantastic player even though he cost us a few trophies and as with a lot of those Leeds players seemed a great guy as well. Shocked at this, really feel for him and his family.

Learning All The Songs

Default Rob Burrow

very sad news:
    https://www.superleague.co.uk/articl...w-announcement

MND is a horrible disease .A friend of mine passed away from it earlier this year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    It's been announced today that Rob Burrow, who only retired recently, has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease. Awful to hear that, a fantastic player even though he cost us a few trophies and as with a lot of those Leeds players seemed a great guy as well. Shocked at this, really feel for him and his family.
    Horrible, horrible news.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection

Very sad to hear.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    He is a good bloke ,young family ,terrible news to hear

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Awful news, great player and a great bloke too from all accounts.

Very sad
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Really, really brave player.

Match winner & a champion bloke. Horrible hearing this.

Don't know what else to say. I really rated him as a player

Got A Season Ticket

Awful news. I don’t really know much about MND. but is the a link between it and rugby, or is it just a coincidence that we have had Mike Gregory, Doddie Weir and now Rob Burrow?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Horrific news, really feel for him and his family. One of RL's nice guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    Awful news. I don’t really know much about MND. but is the a link between it and rugby, or is it just a coincidence that we have had Mike Gregory, Doddie Weir and now Rob Burrow?
    I didn't know much about it either, says about 1 in 50,000 so think that's just percentages rather than anything else..

Incredibly sad news, very likeable person, playing a vital role in a team that caused us years of torment, but still incredibly respected..

Saw him in the summer, pushing a pram whilst on holiday which again hammers home how young a family he has.

Very sad news

In The South Stand

Shocked just shocking to hear this.

Terrible news for the lad, a great player with the heart of a lion. I wish him and his family all the best in his fight with this condition.
    Looks like Rob has been in touch with Doddie Weir who's going through the same battle.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...e-rugby-league

Awful, awful news.

Absolutely cracking player, one who could change a game in the flick of a switch. Always comes across as such a genuine bloke too. Wish him all the best in his battle ahead.

Banned

Does it really matter? That's 3 players out of thousands. Awful news and a horrible disease. I always liked him as a player even though as pointed out, he cost us a few times. Always comes across as a good bloke too.

In The South Stand

Not an easy diagnosis to get at the best of times, let alone just before Christmas. A hard man to dislike and he was a phenomenal player on his day (that I was happy to see the back off but in a nice way).
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Gutted for him and his family,. One of the bravest. A really horrible disease which will be a massive challenge. I'm sure the rugby league family are right behind him.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Can only echo all the comments on here, awfully sad news for him and his family..

In The South Stand

I wish you all the best in your battle Rob , such a great player and such bad luck.

I think Mike Gregory became ill after an insect bite while in Australia. I'd doubt it is anything to with playing the game.

Devastating news for Rob Burrow. Horrid disease. Thoughts are with him and his family.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Genuinely shocked, it is a horrible horrible disease. The man is a legend of a player, one of the very few players who would worry me when he had the ball in his hands and a player every club in SL would have loved to have had in their team. The try he scored against us in the GF is just as iconic a try as Jason Robinson's or Jonathan Davies'for GB or Van Vollenhovens' at Wembley.

I wish him all the best.

Banned

Sad news

Learning All The Songs

Truly awful news. I feel so sad for his family. Great player and comes across as a really decent guy.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Terrible news, feel sad for him and his family.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Learning All The Songs

Gutted. Seems a lovely chap. There was an article in one of the dailies this week that it could be linked to high cholesterol but it appears a cure is a long way off.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Such sad news.
    He's my wifes favourite player. On the 2008 World Cup tour we stayed in the same hotel as the players in Townsville and she asked of she could have a picture taken with him. He said "Yes come on, I'm just getting in the ice bath" The ice baths were wheelie bins and she had the photo taken with Rob Burrow in one and Gareth Hock in another with my missus between them.
    I've met him a few times since at various England games and he's always took time to have a chat with fans of all clubs.
    He's a true credit to himself, his family, Leeds Rhinos and the game in general.
    I've just come in from "grandad duty" and my mrs has already donated to his fund, please all of you give something no matter how small.