Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest Challenge for 2020

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

I
    Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    We need to ensure we stay united behind KW and the team if things don't go our way and we don't win every week like we did last year.
    This especially. We are going to be a different team next year, how different? That is the question.

If we do go through a bad period we can’t be jumping on the team or Woolf and calling for heads to roll.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I

This especially. We are going to be a different team next year, how different? That is the question.

If we do go through a bad period we can’t be jumping on the team or Woolf and calling for heads to roll.
    I don't think we'll see much of a difference in our style of play. Woolf seems like a capable coach and I think he'll just evolve us rather than make dramatic changes. From what I've heard the players are enjoying his coaching techniques and he's made a good impact in a short time.

I'm confident we'll be the team to beat again next year. The other teams have strengthened but I still think we have the most rounded squad in the competition and having now won SL it will make the squad hungrier to defend it, something this group of players hasn't managed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

The biggest challenge will be the Warrington trolls on here

In The South Stand

We’re the most settled side, which early on in the season could be the difference between us and others. Wigan have new halves, Warrington have new halves, Catalans have new halves, Hull’s pack has changed heavily, Leeds have multiple new players over the past year and Cas have new halves.

Wigan were hit and miss at the start of this year and by the time they were settled and playing well, we were so far ahead they couldn’t catch us in the league and the same could potentially happen again next year.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    The biggest challenge will be the Warrington trolls on here
    More of them on here than turn up for their play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    More of them on here than turn up for their play offs.
    I like it

Starting A Programme Collection

Getting Percy to pass left!

Banned

Getting served at the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Rugby or football , fans are always excited when their team makes a big signing especially before a new season , us with Ben Barba was an example .Liverpool with the signing of the Japanese boy even if it is a mid-season signing for them . Really looking forward to watching Saints again ...bring it on...
    Barba signed mid season post Magic didn't he then had to serve out his ban.

Seriously given we were 16 pts clear of the field last year the current squad should be good enough to compete this term and then re build for 2021 when we are likely to see some big hitters off cap. . The only departures were players that didn't really feature at all last year ( Swift, Douglas, Richardson, Morgan). Plus our kids have had more first team exposure.

Ref Thomson- I think its simply boils down to whether he has the ambition to play in the NRL - if he does then its likely he will be off. I suspect that cash will not be the main driver.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Biggest challenge is probably topping last year. Only a clean sweep could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Barba signed mid season post Magic didn't he then had to serve out his ban.

Seriously given we were 16 pts clear of the field last year the current squad should be good enough to compete this term and then re build for 2021 when we are likely to see some big hitters off cap. . The only departures were players that didn't really feature at all last year ( Swift, Douglas, Richardson, Morgan). Plus our kids have had more first team exposure.

Ref Thomson- I think its simply boils down to whether he has the ambition to play in the NRL - if he does then its likely he will be off. I suspect that cash will not be the main driver.
    Completely agree regards thompson