Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

View Poll Results: Best 2nd rowers of the decade?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sia Soliola

59 93.65%
  • Tony Puletua

11 17.46%
  • Willie Manu

4 6.35%
  • Joe Greenwood

3 4.76%
  • Dom Peyroux

9 14.29%
  • Zeb Taia

38 60.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redvee Team of the Decade: Second Rowers

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    And yet several GB/England coaches thought very highly of him. He was also a major contributor to Toronto’s success last year so perhaps he suffered at the hands of the likes of Cunningham. I do however think Knowles has every chance of becoming a legend provided our coaches get the best out of him.
    They did and he was.

A good player and a great servant to Saints. But not a top player

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    And yet several GB/England coaches thought very highly of him. He was also a major contributor to Toronto’s success last year so perhaps he suffered at the hands of the likes of Cunningham. I do however think Knowles has every chance of becoming a legend provided our coaches get the best out of him.
    I think these threads have been good but I’ll struggle with loose forward. I agree that Knowles seems to be well on his way to being a great player. However, has Wilkin contributed more over the decade? I’m further confused because Wilkin was often played out of position or functioned as an extra half back. I’ll just have to press a button and vote when it comes down to it.

Banned

Think in the minority when it comes to wilkin yes he was a great servant but i never once helf he was the best in any position he played. Personall i would pick both knowles and flannagan over him as wilkin was a penalty and knock on machine and flannagan was a tackle machine who rarely made mistakes

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I think these threads have been good but I’ll struggle with loose forward. I agree that Knowles seems to be well on his way to being a great player. However, has Wilkin contributed more over the decade? I’m further confused because Wilkin was often played out of position or functioned as an extra half back. I’ll just have to press a button and vote when it comes down to it.
    Probably the best off season thread for a while. You have your chance today with the LF.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Sia is nailed down but very tough between tony and zeb. Dom is class now but was aweful for 1st year n a half.
    I don't think being asked to play centre, helped Peyroux in that first year or so- He was always an athletic second row in the NRL/for Samoa.

I also think Willie Manu was a good signing for Saints too, though his best years were at Hull FC.

Soliola has to be in there for me. For the other I've commented before when voting on the wingers and centres, that players should be picked based on the side of the field they played, but with that said I'm struggling to remember for all of them.

Whilst perhaps not at his Catalan level, Taia has proved to be very good for Saints and the club really did do a good bit of business to get him in when Greenwood left. Offers more in my opinion.

Regards,

STEVO