Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jackson Hastings

Learning All The Songs

Almost as media savvy as announcing signing a new coach to the media but he had not actually signed :-)

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RedVee Admin; 3rd January 2020 at 20:54.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Must be all the Wiganers posting it on opponents websites. Didn't see any mention of it in mainstream media.
    Last edited by RedVee Admin; 3rd January 2020 at 20:54.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Nothing media savvy about your club being a laughing stock again, after a shambolic 2019.

It’s clear Hastings doesn’t want to be there. Enjoy him while you can. You’ll be on the lookout for his replacement before long.
    Last edited by RedVee Admin; 3rd January 2020 at 20:55.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Replica Shirt

(duplicate post)

Got A Replica Shirt

9,900 of them are by Rogues, though...
    Last edited by RedVee Admin; 3rd January 2020 at 20:56.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Hes going home
    Hes going home
    Hes going
    Hastings' going home

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    On here, Rl fans and other forums around 10,000 views.

Pretty media savvy, don't you think?

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020-01-02-watch-hastings-arrives
    WOW!!!!! Groundbreaking stuff, using the internet in this day and age. Knob off Brian, no one on here cares you've signed Hastings, he's a good player but will be playing behind your fragile pack every week, and don't tell me George Burgess is going to save the day either. In any case he'll be off next season but you should be fairly used to that as you can't even keep your own at the club.

Dave, have you clicked the link? There's media savvy and then there's tinternet savvy...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by redvee admin View Post
    dave, have you clicked the link? There's media savvy and then there's tinternet savvy...

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Dave, have you clicked the link? There's media savvy and then there's tinternet savvy...
    double lol

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

It's not players they should be looking for but a good "glazier" , looks like quite a lot of damage to Rogues place of worship lol.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    WOW!!!!! Groundbreaking stuff, using the internet in this day and age. Knob off Brian, no one on here cares you've signed Hastings, he's a good player but will be playing behind your fragile pack every week, and don't tell me George Burgess is going to save the day either. In any case he'll be off next season but you should be fairly used to that as you can't even keep your own at the club.
    Just have to watch his fondness for the eyes.

He's been garbage for 2 years George Burgess. He isn't going to be enough to sort their pack out. He would still be in australia if he was up to it.

Brian thinks that Wigan was his first choice. I think it was more of a last resort after having the knock from whoever he touted himself to in Aus. He drops the ball a lot as well.

Give me our 2 starting props over him any day of the week

Hastings is a very good player. But he stands out as we haven't got many decent scrum halves over here

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post

He's been garbage for 2 years George Burgess. He isn't going to be enough to sort their pack out. He would still be in australia if he was up to it.

Brian thinks that Wigan was his first choice. I think it was more of a last resort after having the knock from whoever he touted himself to in Aus. He drops the ball a lot as well.

He'll improve them if he can stay fit and on pitch but that's not exactly hard. Any of our props, in fact any of our usual choice forwards would improve them.

Banned

Hastings is a very good player. But he stands out as we haven't got many decent scrum halves over here
    That's probably true enough. I do like Hastings and annoyingly, I think if they play to his strengths he'll do well but as I say, that's dependent on their pack.

I've also heard they're going to start with Hardaker at centre and French at full back. I didn't think much of Hardaker at centre during the tests although the might not tell the full story.

Learning All The Songs

I think Matty Lee's should keep improving this year as long as there's no repercussions from his injury. He could be better than Burgess given another 12 to 18 months of improvement

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I think he’ll bring a lot to them because he can play as an extra forward as well and Wigan struggled for metres in the big games. I think he topped the league on carries last year and was in the top three for metres as well. He can do the ugly stuff in his own half as well as what he does as a 7. He won’t have the free reign that he had at Salford though.
    Last edited by Tez the Saint; 5th January 2020 at 23:39.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Banned

I've also heard they're going to start with Hardaker at centre and French at full back. I didn't think much of Hardaker at centre during the tests although the might not tell the full story.

I didn't think much of Hardaker at fullback during last season., either

Starting A Programme Collection

One thing about Burgess he is hell of a big lad .

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    He is that. So was Mose! It's good to have a big un in the ranks - but with reduced subs available, there's more need for players doing longer minutes. I think we've got a good balance in the forwards at the moment - not that we couldn't improve it with a quality addition, but the fitness, stamina, mobility and power in our pack served us very well last year.

I've never watched George Burgess closely - but he's been hit and miss when I've seen him. Sometimes unstoppable, other times error prone. Not saying he won't improve the Wigan pack, but I think they'll need more to compete. Their younger players coming through are likely to have more impact over time.

I think our pack is strong and will compete well this season. Would be nice to get a recruit or two over the coming seasons whilst developing the younger lads.

Oh and yes, Jackson Hastings - good player and wouldn't mind him at Saints. A lot will depend on how he fits into the Wigan system.

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    He is. And a bit nasty with it.

But he's not that good. The other twin, Tom is a better player

Banned

He is. And a bit nasty with it.

But he's not that good. The other twin, Tom is a better player
    He reminds me of Chris Hill to be honest although probably a better player at the moment. He's had a good career off his brothers' backs and now I'd like to see him repeatedly sat on his backside by our lads.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 7th January 2020 at 11:09.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I didn't think much of Hardaker at fullback during last season., either
    It would appear that wasn't the opinion of those who saw him most.

"On the day that he received a call-up to the Great Britain Lions, full-back Zak Hardaker dominated the evening, picking up three individual awards being named Player of the Season, Players’ Player of the Season and Community Player of the Season."

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2...s-awards-night

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    It would appear that wasn't the opinion of those who saw him most.

"On the day that he received a call-up to the Great Britain Lions, full-back Zak Hardaker dominated the evening, picking up three individual awards being named Player of the Season, Players’ Player of the Season and Community Player of the Season."

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2...s-awards-night
    Wasn't like there was a lot of competition though was there?

It should be interesting to see how Hastings goes. Given he is replacing Williams he actually has some big boots to fill.

Hopefully, from an England perspective, they will get young Harry Smith into the team this year.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.