Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call to Arms - Eamonn, etc

Noooobie

Default Call to Arms - Eamonn, etc

Now is the time I feel we all need to work as one to help each other over this period of corona virus.

As an open message to Eamonn McManus from another club, I would call for him to chair a meeting with all clubs and top staff to discuss how best to monetise our product without live rugby.

Our game really could die. It’s going to hit us HARD.

I like Eamonn and his dynamism, knowledge and foresight.
    He should lead.
    Jon Wells & Sky should be added to the table to see if there is any way we could use their online platform to monetise older games or features.

Please spread the word, especially to Eamonn. I’m not able to post on other sites.

A Concerned Castleford Fan.

Learning All The Songs

Fully endorse this Tiger. There are folks who post on here regularly who will support this and spread the idea to other clubs. We who love our game must join together for the sake of the future of all of RL.

Banned

For me i think the big teams like saints wire and pie scum will still survive but the lower sl teams and championship teams could go bust. Think their should be some events to raise money or a go fund me to the less financial clubs

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    For me i think the big teams like saints wire and pie scum will still survive but the lower sl teams and championship teams could go bust. Think their should be some events to raise money or a go fund me to the less financial clubs
    The problem is, if the lower SL and championship teams go bust, where would that leave the clubs that have survived? No league and no Sky revenue (possibly). It would be like going back to the 80’s a la Wigoon and the haves and have not, a few “professional” teams bolstered by a large number of amateur ones.

Banned

Worse case scenario and the season ends here and now. I have bought a season ticket 319.00. For the good of the club I would write that off, bear in mind if after paying for Catalan if the club say switched fixtures and made that a home game I would go the other way so hopefully I hope it shows I am not totally blinkered.

I suppose that may be the position all RL clubs are in to hope the season ticket holders will write it off for the good of the club and wider game. Extra club lottery weekly purchase would help if people's earnings are not affected. I must be honest bad news I can handle but uncertainty I struggle with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Worse case scenario and the season ends here and now. I have bought a season ticket 319.00. For the good of the club I would write that off, bear in mind if after paying for Catalan if the club say switched fixtures and made that a home game I would go the other way so hopefully I hope it shows I am not totally blinkered.

I suppose that may be the position all RL clubs are in to hope the season ticket holders will write it off for the good of the club and wider game. Extra club lottery weekly purchase would help if people's earnings are not affected. I must be honest bad news I can handle but uncertainty I struggle with.
    I would as well but won't be letting Hetherinton keep £48 for Friday. They've already proven their selfishness when Catalans tried to negotiate with them. So I'll be having that back

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Out of all the big clubs I think it will be Wigan that will be the most nervous. There have been a few rumours over the past few years about their financial state.

For the whole game though it isn't good. If it got so bad and Saints started to ask for handouts from fans then I wouldn't mind at all donating as much as I could afford.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Big help if as many of us signed up for Saints tv to ride out any shutdown.If we all chip in £7 per month (if we can) every little helps.
    Learned comment from The Don

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Out of all the big clubs I think it will be Wigan that will be the most nervous. There have been a few rumours over the past few years about their financial state.

For the whole game though it isn't good. If it got so bad and Saints started to ask for handouts from fans then I wouldn't mind at all donating as much as I could afford.
    Where have those rumours come from?
    From Wigans published accounts they have lost circa £3.6 million over the last ten years and that included a big loss of around £1.4 million in 2018.

The truth is that only Leeds and Wire ever publish regular profits and this corona virus epidemic is a major concern to all clubs.

Starting A Programme Collection

Saints Leeds and Warrington can probably ride the financial storm coming our way. Clubs who are based in football club grounds will suffer and the rest will have to try and catch whatever life belt is floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post

Apparently the Rugby League are already discussing cancelling the Australia tour to prolong our season, sadly I suspect even that is an optimistic hope, perhaps we might even go on into an early winter season, if so hopefully on Sunday afternoons when it's a tiny bit warmer than night. I reckon even that is doubtful

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Big help if as many of us signed up for Saints tv to ride out any shutdown.If we all chip in £7 per month (if we can) every little helps.
    Your right mate I was thinking same with Tigers Tv or any club that has similar really
    Showing as many old games and content as possible and keeping people who love the sport with there rugby league fix during the break

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post

I’m worried about all clubs. Where would we be without the Derby games or with a potential league of four or five clubs? Saints might be OK but we need the rest.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Your right mate I was thinking same with Tigers Tv or any club that has similar really
    Showing as many old games and content as possible and keeping people who love the sport with there rugby league fix during the break
    I’ll keep my Saints TV sub going. I was hoping to catch more reserve and away games using it but I’ll go for nostalgia instead.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I’m worried about all clubs. Where would we be without the Derby games or with a potential league of four or five clubs? Saints might be OK but we need the rest.
    I agree with this sentiment.
    I’m usually always on the tigers forum, never here.
    I reached out as I know Eamonn is a man who will push the right buttons and engage the right people having observed his personailty over the years. It was last year I saw a TV feature outside of a pub and realised he wasn’t what I thought and was a damn good chairman.

Rather than worry about finishing the season, dropping fixtures, etc, I think we all should be focussing on keeping our businesses afloat. And - helping each other.

There’s no game without 3 or 4 of your most disliked teams.
    Regards

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Where have those rumours come from?
    From Wigans published accounts they have lost circa £3.6 million over the last ten years and that included a big loss of around £1.4 million in 2018.

The truth is that only Leeds and Wire ever publish regular profits and this corona virus epidemic is a major concern to all clubs.
    And all this is with having average crowds of over 13k+ every year. You make no money at the DW and have had to sell the likes of Tomkins, Bateman, Williams for 6 figure sums and STILL lose money.

This isn't a pop at Wigan by the way. RL needs a strong Wigan. If this virus is going to cripple the sport then all clubs will have problems

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I’ll keep my Saints TV sub going. I was hoping to catch more reserve and away games using it but I’ll go for nostalgia instead.
    I wonder if its possible for the club to put most of last seasons games up, if they can do that then I would be happy to carry on with the monthly subscription.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

It could affect Leeds more than any other club. They have gone heavily into debt for the stadium rebuild.
    They rely a lot on their corporate income from renting out their conference facilities etc in the weektime. It's probable that these will now be closed for a while.

As for Wigan hopefully it won't be that bad as we only pay 10% of our gate receipts to the stadium owners on a match by match basis and have no ongoing costs inside the stadium, that's been moved to Robin Park.

Time will tell I suppose. I'm expecting some clubs to ask/need for an advance on their sky money.

Learning All The Songs

Hopefully the clubs are able to negotiate rights to old matches etc. Currently the content on SaintsTV is a bit thin on the ground (I count seven old games I think). If I'm going to be stuck in the house for the foreseeable it would be good to have rugby to watch. It might be an important income stream for the club at this time too.

TV coverage also a worry. Wonder how many people have cancelled their sports (Virgin, BT, Sky)?

Banned

It didn't take long for the begging bowl to come out.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/leneg...ZdOXM20-fPww9U

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    TV coverage also a worry. Wonder how many people have cancelled their sports (Virgin, BT, Sky)?
    Already cancelled my Sky Sports with Virgin, endless repeats of football matches doesn't appeal, at least on BT Sports channel there are some old documentaries that I might record and watch to stop me climbing up the wall, even the dog is fed up with going out for a walk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I wonder if its possible for the club to put most of last seasons games up, if they can do that then I would be happy to carry on with the monthly subscription.
    I think they are already on. I paid for a year, but wouldn't have cancelled anyway.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think they are already on. I paid for a year, but wouldn't have cancelled anyway.
    I can only see the highlights of last years games not found any full games yet.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I can only see the highlights of last years games not found any full games yet.
    My mistake then. I have been pretty busy since subscribing and just looked at the headlines, rather than watch the videos.